GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 106 : Fuji (Nissan) GT(-R)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments
Oh, well eventually this old guy (is 52 old for this game?) will get it.

Aha, a '60 model like me ;). I'm 53, Argon is born in '56 and Firecracker (GDS) is 74, so all in all I think you're a bit young actually. We won't hold it against you though :lol: 👍

The last corner was where I had the most trouble. I really had to nail that apex to get the most out of it so waiting for, what seemed like forever, the car to pull around it took a lot of my patients. But I tell you what when you hit it right you'll feel like you mach3 out of it.
Pretty cool. 👍

I get the feeling that it's better to take it a bit wide so you can get on the throttle sooner thus getting a higher speed on the last straight. You might lose out a bit to a ghost at the corner but you'll catch it again before the finish line.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that it's better to take it a bit wide so you can get on the throttle sooner thus getting a higher speed on the last straight. You might lose out a bit to a ghost at the corner but you'll catch it again before the finish line.

I have tested this a bit, I determined that you can gain a bit from getting a better exit but if you go too wide you won't be able to carry as much exit speed and you will lose out time from taking a longer route round the corner. I tend to find using a line roughly in the middle of the track before I turn in works best :)

EDIT: Found a tenth!

New Splits:

Last edited:

:censored:Why did i mess up that first corner?????:banghead:

Man this car drives like a dream for me!

Aha, a '60 model like me ;). I'm 53, Argon is born in '56 and Firecracker (GDS) is 74, so all in all I think you're a bit young actually. We won't hold it against you though :lol: 👍

Exactly. But ya gotta wait for it. too soon and you'll go off to the left of the track and all is wasted.

Another three quarters of a tenth found!

New Splits:

Last edited:
Was just thinking of you this morning, glad to see you back, Jon. 👍

Thanks Lucas, I think it's my first run this year. Bit rusty, but the track is familiar and the car is forgiving of some clumsiness. Managed competitive T1 sectors, just need to find a bit in T2 and T3 and then hook it all together. Sounds easy doesn't it :crazy:

My splits for Fuji.
I don't get along with sports tires too well. :grumpy:

52/50?? You are still kid's, I'm 74 and still racing in the TT's!! :sly:

I was born in '68, so I would be to young aswell :) You have my highest respect being 74 and still racing Gayle. Nice to see you registered for the upcomming renewed academy on saturday 👍 See you there.

First attempts. Better than last week for sure! Hopefully more to come. Leaving some out there so better times to come.

Scott

Last edited:
22.509 22.344 22.158
35.312 35.120 35.245

Making improvements on the first sector, and minor improvements on the last - but the second sector still is proving difficult - it's that sweeping right hander followed by the left hander, I just get so confused by it.

22.509 22.344 22.158 22.247
35.312 35.120 35.245 35.048

Getting much better now in sector 2 thanks to the driving line - now I just need to get the 22.0xx I had in the first sector again along with a 35.0xx and I'll be very happy.

Seems I'm some of the new blood here, turned 17 last week :sly:
My mom keeps saying to me that video games are for kids; She is soo wrong 👍

I turn 18 on the day this TT finishes :D My parents are always telling me I should spend as much time doing school work as I do on GT5 :lol:

EDIT: Found almost a tenth!

New Splits:

Last edited:
I turn 18 on the day this TT finishes :D My parents are always telling me I should spend as much time doing school work as I do on GT5 :lol:

EDIT: Found almost a tenth!

New Splits:

Now that i know that i will hold back and let you win this week;):lol:

Now that i know that i will hold back and let you win this week;):lol:
I was wondering why you weren't a second faster than me by now, now I know why ;) :lol:

EDIT: Beat my time by almost a tenth again!

New Splits:

Last edited:
These are some amazing T1 & T2 times being posted, BUT in this challenge I really think it comes down to T3 which we won't know till the end. :scared:

These are some amazing T1 & T2 times being posted, BUT in this challenge I really think it comes down to T3 which we won't know till the end. :scared:

You are absolutely right! :D There is a lot of time to be found in T3 :sly:

Back