GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 106 : Fuji (Nissan) GT(-R)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 182 comments
I had trouble with sector 2 as well I have some theory's but couldn't get them to work consistently enough yesterday :) but the corner after t1 I'm taking with a lot of speed, just enough to keep the car from getting to the curb on the exit, and the long righter I'm sort of trying to hug it as much as possible with a lot of steering and light braking and downshift when the car starts to drift away, for the next corner after that long righter braking early and pointing the apex, I try and get on full power early here, I don't know if I'm missing anything fastest around there was a .3 but I could see a .2 lurking around. The corner after T1 found it hard to be smooth there the car tends to snap a bit but I believe there is where most of the time is.

I'm doing pretty much the same thing. Cottoned onto that first corner after T1 as the make or break for the whole T2 sector. I'm just going to have to try a few different strategies as Bandit suggested.

Thanks Mamba :cheers:

After many a race at this blasted course here's what I do on T2: on the first long right I actually slow down a bit by releasing the throttle till the car rolls to the outside middle of the corner. Once the car points to the next sharp left I mash the gas. Takes me to the next corner in near perfect position. No heavy braking needed.

I know it may sound odd but it took nearly .500 off my time.

It's always a balance isn't it? you want to slow down but do so too much and you lose a lot of time. I try and not go below 148km/h there. I go outside as well but just to the middle of the track, any further and the car doesn't want to turn back.

It is important to set up the car for the left hander afterwards as you can lose a lot of time down the following straight if you don't get a good exit 👍

New Splits:

Last edited:
Had a long tilt at this before the frustration started to wear off with the car
feeling like "Hey, I've got heaps of grip, it's going to make the corner ...and promptly doesn't because mass actually does matter and inertia kicks in. Red flag for your effort!". Too many race cars, I guess.

Hope to get more in, and I don't expect the splits to move much, but... massive last sector :scared:. Really good to see you running, Jon - I had to labour for quite a while to get near your "rust" 👍 I don't think you have much to worry about, frankly.

I know what you mean about the T2, Argon. I couldn't shift it for quite some time, either.

Whoa there! Great splits Ren and yes it's nice to be back, although I've only had 90 minutes running so far and have already submitted as there's a strong chance I won't get any more time before Monday. Loved running this one, just time isn't on my side these days for any number of reasons. Already looking forward to the next combo 👍

Well, I've finally done my magic lap, left a bit of time in the first corner but I won't worry about that, probably my final time for the week :)

New Splits:

About a tenth in 2 and 3, have beaten this lap with a red clock on the off camber right hander in the middle of t3 so not quite good enough yet.

These are from Monday I just waited till now to post them.

Set some new times and found a bunch in the first sector. Really have to be smooth to keep from overheating the front tyres and over-steering off.

Last edited:
This track is always a good challenge and the car works well. Great combo 👍

T1: 22.112
T2: 34.702

Had a 90min first-and-last session...Just to catch up to Jon. ;)

Nice combo, Kev, wish I had more time.

Commence Sector juggling

Seen 21.989 so now t1 needs to be better, but this t3 was really good :)

Had a quick run this morning, with a better last sector than the horrible one from last time. Now I wish I could have it with my (21.938 sector 1) :banghead:

I used brake balance 9/10 for my fastest lap, hopefully this may help some people :)

Yep, high bb works great :) 7/8 or 7/9 for me

56.2 later and a good last sector and ill be done with this awesome combo :D

Yep, high bb works great :) 7/8 or 7/9 for me

56.2 later and a good last sector and ill be done with this awesome combo :D

I have really enjoyed this combo :) The only place I could have found time on my fastest lap was the first sector, my fastest through there was 21.881 but I would have to complete hundreds more laps before I got that again I think :lol:

Just for the record.Same T2 as the 'old' one ,but found some tenths at S/F line.

Had a 90min first-and-last session...Just to catch up to Jon. ;)

Nice combo, Kev, wish I had more time.

One thousandth of a second!! Really Lucas? Lol nice to see you running again mate :tup;

Just had a quick go and hit 56.181 but average t3 and ended up a tenth down :banghead:

Still hunting for tenths :S

Around a tenth left, realistically. Two, if you add up the very bests, but that won't happen.

Last edited:
22.509 22.344 22.158 22.247
35.312 35.120 35.245 35.048

I somehow managed to beat my best time that's been evading me all week - I feel elated. It's not the best time, but I think I might struggle to beat this one:

I think the 9/10 BB helped a lot Bandit - thanks for that.

Last edited:
T1: 22.112
T2: 34.702

Starting to feel the car and the track as working well w/ each other, the lines I can cut w/ this car are just crazy, it's starting to feel like a moto-x track, just a hoot :)

T1: 22.095
T2: 34.578

Hay "Con"

T1: 22.284
T2: 34.356

If I could just put my best 1 & 2 together :banghead:

Last edited:
Although it is not possible to view my GT Academy replays. Someone else has thankfully made a video showing all the top times from round 6 of the Academy, the car is a Nissan GTR Black Edition which is basically the same as the GTR '07 but with a bi more power. Here is the video, it should give you an idea of how to drive the car fast in slow and fast corners :)

It includes my best time of 25.627 from round 6-2 :D

Looks like I'm knocking on the 50% mark again :lol: and it's another hole card challenge for me. I just hope that my T3 is solid enough this time since it just checks out and I can't think of any way to improve my line, it's down to tire spin now and this is where I always scratch my head. I just can't figure out how to judge the correct throttle timing when it comes down to being productive on powering up versus slight wheel spin. This is just my week point from real to sim. If I could get someone to speek to this it would be a big help

Looks like I'm knocking on the 50% mark again :lol: and it's another hole card challenge for me. I just hope that my T3 is solid enough this time since it just checks out and I can't think of any way to improve my line, it's down to tire spin now and this is where I always scratch my head. I just can't figure out how to judge the correct throttle timing when it comes down to being productive on powering up versus slight wheel spin. This is just my week point from real to sim. If I could get someone to speek to this it would be a big help

With this car I just tend to let the wheels spin, you don't need fine throttle control to be fast in this car as it is 4wd 👍 I know what you mean about real versus sim, it is much easier to judge these kind of things and drive more consistently on the limit in real life :)

Latest Posts

Back