GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 11 : NASCAR - WRS Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 459 comments
I have been waiting over a year to have another shot at this track. I put about 40 hrs in on the GT5 demo Indy competition and hopefully it will show.

------------------------------- QUESTION --------------------------

Any of the NASCARS Can be Used, but You MUST Keep Your Car Selection a Secret. This is a list of NASCARS on the Game -

Chevrolet Impala

Tony Stewart #14
Jeff Gordon #24
Juan Montoya # 42
Jimmie Johnson #48
Dale Earnhardt Junior #88

Ford Fusion

AJ Allmendinger #43
Carl Edwards #99

Toyota Camry

Denny Hamlin #11
Kyle Bush #18
Joey Logano #20
Brian Vickers #83

I know of one other NASCAR car that is not mentiond because it was a gift car for advanced reservation at a game store, what about those people who have that/those car/s?

/\

I second that question. I'm assuming it will be allowed since it's just a different paint scheme? That car is already broken in from the Career Mode :sly:

Jerome

/\

I second that question. I'm assuming it will be allowed since it's just a different paint scheme? That car is already broken in from the Career Mode :sly:

Jerome

So are you just mentioning in passing that there is a car out there somewhere that is broken in and owned by some friend of yours or are you telling us that you have a car that isn't mentioned and you might use it as we infer by deductive reasoning which car it is that you are not mentioning in passing indirectly? ….. :lol:

Edit: Didn't mean to break this weeks rules. Sorry guys.:dunce:

And Chuk, if we can hear anyone say 'let's go racing boys' at the start of the lap that is automatic DQ!

Last edited:
First splits with a new car.
T1: 22.803
T2: 21.434
T3: 18.317

This is the tune that got those times. Next, I'm going to put that tune on my broken-in car and see what happens.
Downforce is maxed with a brake balance of 7/3.
Ride height is -30/-27
Spring rate is 17.5/12.0
Dampers EXT 7/4
Dampers COM 7/4
Sway bar is 4/3
Camber .5/.5
Toe .05/.30
LSD is 15/50/20
Gearing is constantly changing, but top gear is 230 with a 3.300 final gear.

Hoping this helps!!

Race On!

I have been waiting over a year to have another shot at this track. I put about 40 hrs in on the GT5 demo Indy competition and hopefully it will show.

------------------------------- QUESTION --------------------------

I know of one other NASCAR car that is not mentiond because it was a gift car for advanced reservation at a game store, what about those people who have that/those car/s?

Just to be on the safe side, let's please just use the cars that are available to everyone.

Guys, there is no question what car should be used...

#88 Amp Energy Dale Earnhardt Jr. Chevrolet:sly:

And Chuk, if we can hear anyone say 'let's go racing boys' at the start of the lap that is automatic DQ!

Hmm, well, did you notice that you're not supposed to tell us which car you're using?

I made the 892 hp cap at 190 miles or so. The car was easier to drive with less hp, but it feels broken in now at 234 miles.

Latest splits. Bad T3, though.
T1: 22.525
T2: 21.217
T3: 18.093

I reckon you feel a slight difference this week, huh Lefty? :)

This is with new car, oil change, and no tuning other than setting trans to 230mph.

T1: 23.150
T2: 21.310
T3: 17.982

I only ran about 10 laps, there is a LOT to be gained on those times.

Messed around with the gearing and the aero a little bit and think it's pretty close. Haven't really worked on suspension and diff tuning but there are still gains to be had.

T1: 22.543
T2: 21.151
T3: 17.879

I did a little tuning and it helped, but messed up in T3.

T1: 22.824
T2: 20.926
T3: 18.092

T1: 24.350
T2: 22.556
T3: 18.541

Now my 550hp splits, another .5 off of my shows and another 1 off my OT.

T1: 24.211
T2: 22.085
T3: 18.560

I haven't had to adjust the car much except for gearing as the HP increases. When I was tuning the car it seemed like it showed all of its handling issues at the 450hp stage and after some tweaking the tune is mostly holding as it will now go to 600hp :)

I'm blaming Carlos. :sly: He taught me about "Horlicks" about eight hours ago. I thought that deserved a beer! So, simulator or not, I probably shouldn't be driving at the moment. :cheers:
Right now I have 892 HP and 567 ft/lb after 224.7 miles. I haven't switched cars. The engine rebuild is available for $150,000, so I'm going to do this only to this car. The chassis reinforcement is available for $250,000. I'm not going to do this now. I want to compare the $250k upgrade versus the $500k upgrade on my old car., which has 1200 miles on it.
Since we now know the HP cap is 892, I'm setting my gears for the last time. The gears used for my posted splits are a 242 top, the 3.300 is the same, but I maxed out both 3 + 4. I put 2nd gear at 75%. I'm putting the gear ratio as a percentage because they keep changing as I drive, not to mention that Jake and I have noticed they change from one manufacturer to another. :odd:
Now, I want to explore the ballast. If you move the ballast adjustment towards the front or rear, it affects the handling. This is true even if the ballast weight is zero. Some say it's a "glitch" while others say it represents the ability to preplan your car. For example, the zero weight is like placing the battery wherever you want to. It's the same weight as everyone else's, but you can choose to put it in the front or the rear of your car. That will affect the handling. I wonder what you all think of that. :boggled:

Race On!!! :cheers:

550 hp
T1: 24.211
T2: 22.085
T3: 18.560

Last one for tonight and then one last mad dog run at Toscana in the morning :)

At the 600 hp level -.25 off the shows and another .7 off the OT.

T1: 23.763
T2: 22.009
T3: 18.830

By Chucks calculations I still have another 289hp boost coming to drive down my times :lol:

So far a 150hp increase has netted me: 1.3 seconds on the shows and 3 seconds on the OT

At this rate I should realize a decrese in time of about 2.3 seconds :)

Last edited:
I'm blaming Carlos. :sly: He taught me about "Horlicks" about eight hours ago. I thought that deserved a beer! So, simulator or not, I probably shouldn't be driving at the moment. :cheers:
Race On!!! :cheers:

I suspect that keeping you well lubricated may be my only chance of getting near you this week, so I'll take that blame and raise a glass in your general direction :D

Looking forward to this week - I don't like the track, but I do like the cars so we'll see how we go.

Oh man, I can't send a car from my original account :grumpy:
Do I get a car for doing the NASCAR events? Can't remember.

Last one for tonight and then one last mad dog run at Toscana in the morning :)

At the 600 hp level -.25 off the shows and another .7 off the OT.

T1: 23.763
T2: 22.009
T3: 18.830

By Chucks calculations I still have another 289hp boost coming to drive down my times :lol:

So far a 150hp increase has netted me: 1.3 seconds on the shows and 3 seconds on the OT

At this rate I should realize a decrese in time of about 2.3 seconds :)

Lefty, are you sure you are in the right car? I just bought a NASCAR from the dealership and it comes with over 800hp. No miles, no oil change. I think the norm is somewhere around 827hp

Oh man, I can't send a car from my original account :grumpy:
Do I get a car for doing the NASCAR events? Can't remember.
The Jeff Gordon Nascar school Gold will reward you with a Nascar stock car. The Extreme/Nascar series will only get you US hotrods both in A- and B-spec.

If you do the Extreme/American Champs at Indy for 6 times (4 minutes each) you can buy yourself a Nascar (500k cr. vs. 6*97600).

The Jeff Gordon Nascar school Gold will reward you with a Nascar stock car. The Extreme/Nascar series will only get you US hotrods both in A- and B-spec.

If you do the Extreme/American Champs at Indy for 6 times (4 minutes each) you can buy yourself a Nascar (500k cr. vs. 6*97600).
Yeah, but you don't have to level up to lend a car :), I just noticed you have to be lvl 21 to do the last NASCAR challenge.
I'm getting up to lvl 21 now with the Zonda R I've lent before the online breakdown so I can just buy one.

Horrible T3, lost at least .3 in the entry to the left-hander at the end of the back straight. Initial target of breaking in to the 1'00s at T3.

Very enjoyable.

T1: 23.282
T2: 21.581
T3: 18.522

Bring back the slow cars I was good with them! :D

Edit: Ooh better splits with Chuk's settings, got some 22.8s - might have to tinker myself and get a setup that suits my rubbish driving & the control pad. Nice one Chukky :)

Last edited:
Can't control this car very well, any kind of speed coming out of a turn results in the tail coming to say hello. I think this is why I skipped the A Spec event.

Awesome.. with PSN down and Concours out of action I think i'll have a bash at this one. Favourite track of mine too 👍

Latest Posts

Back