GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 116 : Elizabeth,Queen of the Forest

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 254 comments
I think it is time for bed! 3 hour session tonight. My T2 is awful but I can live with it for now.

Al

Finally headed back in the right direction. Having to dig deep, but whatever it takes.

Just who do you think you are, charging in this division and claiming the Gold medal from week 1 !!!! :crazy: No really great splits mate.... I've I would combine my best sector times I would be right there with you, unfortunatly I am not. Great division battle again guys 👍

That 1st sector is a problem for me also. I have BB 2/0, and ABS 10. The T500rs seems to have a heavy brake pedal. Or maybe it's my Lead Foot! :)

Well I am using the Beasherhead simple brakemod, and actually quite happy about it, just need to find my boundries in my braking zones. If I find the time, it will work out....

Sorry, it won't happen again.:nervous:

:D

It better not ;) Serious now, you are putting the standards high for us my friend. It is great to see you as competitive as you are...and like often said before; a good inspiration for all of us, tryin to catch up.

I think I won't be able to get this car fully broken in. Did 70 miles in my first session last night, saved it. When I came back today, I did another 42, went to adjust the setup and noticed power was lower than it should have been. Did an oil change, even though it showed no difference, and then went to check the car in my garage. Instead of having 70+42, it only showed 42.6 miles. Thought it would have been over 100miles like it should be by now.

Did manage a faster lap, but I think I'm done with this combo as I'd only get one more session and I won't get near break-in now and it's only at 244hp.

I can't believe that I was able to blast a 22.3xx in the first sector and then gave it all away by the line :banghead: This session wasn't a total loss though, I beat my OT by .02 (something I wasn't able to do in the last 4+ hrs) so even though I didn't improve my showz it's going ta be another hole card show down. :nervous:

Last edited:
Had another run before work, not seeing any more .1s through sector 1, but getting to sector 3 in 50.3 a few times ~ but can't beat my ghost to the line.

The only time I beat my ghost I got red flagged over the cobbles at the start of sector 3. Really fun combo, will give it one last go after work and watching the f1 for some inspiration to go quicker.

Also Im not finding much difference with abs on 1 or 10. For my current lap Its on 10 but I've been just as quick with it on 1 - if not quicker through sector 1. But for me sector 1 is luck if I get onto the grippy line through the second turn.

Not had much time for this since Monday, but ill get a quick couple of sessions today and tomorrow to get a submission lap :)

Aside from Mitch whacking in the splits this event seems to have gone a bit dead! Surprising cos its great fun this go-kart :)

I was surprised at the lack of action myself, it really is a great combo. I've decided not to run it more until my name is updated, at which point, I'll probably be out of time.

I was surprised at the lack of action myself, it really is a great combo. I've decided not to run it more until my name is updated, at which point, I'll probably be out of time.

Maybe you could just be added manually.

anastasis14
Maybe you could just be added manually.

Maybe, but I think fetchy sees me as an unregistered user, so technically I would have to run the qualifier again with my new name.

I know twizzy changed his name from twistedmetal recently and had to have an admin update it for him.

I'll just wait patiently in my corner. :)

Maybe, but I think fetchy sees me as an unregistered user, so technically I would have to run the qualifier again with my new name.
I know twizzy changed his name from twistedmetal recently and had to have an admin update it for him.

I'll just wait patiently in my corner. :)

I don't think so. I changed my name a while back and it was pretty seemless. There was nothing I had to do on my part except notify the admin of my name change, they took care of the rest. I don't know what could be complicating your problem. I assume you contacted the admin through a pm? I contacted EDK, but I would assume any member of the staff would work. If its been more than a week, maybe contact them again and let them know of the persisting problem. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

I contacted Vaxen and Joost on Friday. I know it can be fixed easily, but what I meant is that right now fetchy sees me as a new person who hasn't registered.

Cats_PJs
I contacted Vaxen and Joost on Friday. I know it can be fixed easily, but what I meant is that right now fetchy sees me as a new person who hasn't registered.

We'll get it taken care of, Baron, no need to stop running...

Gravitron
We'll get it taken care of, Baron, no need to stop running...

Thank you kind sir, I'll get back to work.

I did find some time to work on a car for the parity race next weekend while I was in limbo so I'll be signing up for that later. Should be fun. :)

Cats_PJs
I did find some time to work on a car for the parity race next weekend while I was in limbo so I'll be signing up for that later. Should be fun. :)

Excellent -273.15 degrees Celsius.

Oh wait name change. Now I see cats walking around in PJ's

Close call on the dog leg after the first turn, but checked it over and am 100% sure its clean.

DeepForestRaceway_2_zpsbdbc1d40.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_zps62c01182.jpg

DeepForestRaceway_1_zps45a0667e.jpg

I don't usually take it that tight, but it just sort of happened that way but I assure you that it is clean, otherwise I would not take the chance of a black flag. Again, sorry to whoever checks it, but I assure you I went thru it thourghly and it is clean.

Last edited:
Close call on the dog leg after the first turn, but checked it over and am 100% sure its clean.

I don't usually take it that tight, but it just sort of happened that way but I assure you that it is clean, otherwise I would not take the chance of a black flag. Again, sorry to whoever checks it, but I assure you I went thru it thourghly and it is clean.

Looks like it still in contact with the track to me!

Best lap so far, but a sloppy lap with bit of tire smoke and went to wide in T3 . Plenty more to go I think. But not much time to do it .... I'd better get to it.

Edit: looks like this is it for me, grandma is bringing my boy back soon. To bad I didn't get my tune right earlier in the week, I know there's atleast 5 tenths to be had at the finish line for me.

Last edited:
First serious go at this, lots of fun. If I can get to 50.xx after sector 2 I will be happy.

Personally, I think it's best to just keep all 4 tires on the pavement there. I think it's easier and I'm sure you don't really gain any time from cutting the 'dog leg' like that in my opinion.

Looks like it still in contact with the track to me!

Yep, I checked it all the way around and that is the closest point at being off so yea, 100% sure its clean. Like I said, I don't normally cut it that close, but it just sort of happened on that lap. I don't like cutting it that close because it makes it hard on the person checking the replay, but in this case its pretty easy to see that its clean, just a very close call.

@doodle: Like I said, I don't normally cut it that close, usually just the two inside tires just clipping the grass. However, I will have to disagree with you as that just happened to be my fastest run through that sector.

Last edited:
@doodle: Like I said, I don't normally cut it that close, usually just the two inside tires just clipping the grass. However, I will have to disagree with you as that just happened to be my fastest run through that sector.

Ok then. If it works for you than go for it. 👍

I'm gonna start my final run on this combo now and then submit tonight. I'll prepare myself for whatever the next one is. Hopefully your T3 isn't too quick Chris. :P

I was loosing a lot of time in T1 for some reason. Found out that I actually lost 10hp. :lol:

Edit:

Had a very close call at the end of T2 and badly messed up T3 so I only gained .06 at the line. :grumpy: I'm not done yet.

Last edited:
Well I just threw 2 tenths away in t1 overdriving onto the cobblestone on t3. Blah

Better at the line

Edit2: improved at the line by 1 tenth. I gotta go to work and wont be home to try anymore so I'll submit with this. Good luck all!

Last edited:
Here's that close call at the end of T2 I was talking about:

I just want to make sure that you guys think it's clean. Is it? :nervous:

Back