GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 116 : Elizabeth,Queen of the Forest

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 254 comments
I am using Chris' setup as well. It's great if I can get t1 down. It's really awesome when a fast driver posts their tunes, it shows they have confidence in their driving ability and it also provides an excellent start for people like myself who can't tune. I also understand why people wouldn't post a tune. If you're in a tight battle and every thousandths counts, you wouldn't want to help them.
To those who post tunes and help videos, we all appreciate you.

not too successful tonight, found time in t1, t2 is still giving me grief, gained .3 at the line though. new splits:

Spun out right after t2 and lost some time but still barely beat my ghost to the line. Ugh. I hate that

I'm getting consistent 22.3 T1, got a couple .2 till now, but my T2 is soo inconsistent. My average is 28.9 , although I have managed an 28.400(I still don't know how). Any help for T2?

I hear you on the T2. I am really inconsistent too, one will be a 28.4 and then the next will be a 29.0. I have found that my faster sectors are when I am more controlled, making sure to slow myself down enough. However, I am still 4-6 tenths slower than the fastest T2, so what do I know...

Splits below were from a rare run where I actually managed to string two decent splits together.

PB in last sector put me up 0.15 at the line. Best sectors so far 22.119 and 27.907 so in theory there's another tenth. In reality I don't think I'm going to beat that last sector so this may be it.

Sector 2:
A good exit from turn 3 (or turn 2 if you don't count the kink in sector 1) is essential for a good 2nd sector. If you're getting .2s in sector 1, I assume your exit is good. Brake just as you meet the outcroppping on the left as you approach the right hander at the bottom of the hill and aim for the apex, changing down to 4th (using my gears). Don't use the curb, it'll throw the car off. Stay in 4th and let the car run right to outside of the track. Get back on the throttle pointing at the apex on the inside (the apex is the curb at the crest as you see it from the bottom of the hill. ) Effectively its a double apex hairpin and momentum is crucial in getting a good run up the hill for the second apex. Flat out from the apex and into 5th using all the curb on the right as you enter the tunnel. Point at the inside curb on the left and brake carefully and change down to 2nd - keep tight and don't brake too deep in or the rear will break away. Back on the power and up to 3rd for the tunnel using all the curb on the right.

Sector 3:
Down to 2nd for the left after the T2 split - keep some throttle so the rear doesn't snap out on you. Once the car is settled, nail it and try and stay as flat as you can through the esses to the last hairpin. You may need to modulate the throttle a bit to keep the rear from starting to break away but don't lift off too much. Take a wide entry and down to 2nd for the hairpin, then flat out to the line.

Hope that helps. :)

Another tenth at the line. Not being able to string 3 good sectors together is sooo frustrating! Lost big time in T3.

I give. Where do you get the car? The one at the Lotus dealership is much heavier and doesn't have the 'Race Modification' suffix?

I tried that but that car weighs 860Kg and under weight reduction it says N/A. I even tried adding all the weight reducing parts and I still only get to 759Kg and the spec says 720Kg?

After you race modify it, it should then be at the correct weight. You have to go to GT Auto to do this, you know, the place where you do oil changes and such. After you do that, no further weight reduction is nessesary.

PB in last sector put me up 0.15 at the line. Best sectors so far 22.119 and 27.907 so in theory there's another tenth. In reality I don't think I'm going to beat that last sector so this may be it.

Sector 2:
A good exit from turn 3 (or turn 2 if you don't count the kink in sector 1) is essential for a good 2nd sector. If you're getting .2s in sector 1, I assume your exit is good. Brake just as you meet the outcroppping on the left as you approach the right hander at the bottom of the hill and aim for the apex, changing down to 4th (using my gears). Don't use the curb, it'll throw the car off. Stay in 4th and let the car run right to outside of the track. Get back on the throttle pointing at the apex on the inside (the apex is the curb at the crest as you see it from the bottom of the hill. ) Effectively its a double apex hairpin and momentum is crucial in getting a good run up the hill for the second apex. Flat out from the apex and into 5th using all the curb on the right as you enter the tunnel. Point at the inside curb on the left and brake carefully and change down to 2nd - keep tight and don't brake too deep in or the rear will break away. Back on the power and up to 3rd for the tunnel using all the curb on the right.

Sector 3:
Down to 2nd for the left after the T2 split - keep some throttle so the rear doesn't snap out on you. Once the car is settled, nail it and try and stay as flat as you can through the esses to the last hairpin. You may need to modulate the throttle a bit to keep the rear from starting to break away but don't lift off too much. Take a wide entry and down to 2nd for the hairpin, then flat out to the line.

Hope that helps. :)
Easy for you to say! :sly: Seriously Chris, thanks for all the advise! 👍

Chasing another 3 tenths plus after forgetting to save my ghost. :(

Very well written Chris, thank you a lot for this! 👍
Unfortunately, I won't give it a go until later this week.

I'd love to have a shot at this not least as an attempt to try and redeem myself from last weeks half cocked attempt that got sabotaged by my foreign visits. Work is really getting in the way ATM but hopefully I'll get a few hours in over the weekend.

Nice write up Chris and some storming times by all you WRS'ers 👍

Managed half a tenth improvement at the line, should have been more but was too cautious through sector 2 after seeing the t1 split lol.

T1 22.172
T2 28.434

Edit:

T1 22.259
T2 28.211

Lost some in sector 1, but improved the last 2 sectors. Still a little bit left hopefully.

Last edited:
Well, I'm at the point where fustration has set in. The last half of this track has really got me puzzled as to what I'm doing wrong. I have tried everything and just can't get it right. I'm going to have to take a step back and really anylize my laps to see what the hell I'm doing wrong. I have put 2,000 miles in on this combo with not a damn thing to show for it, as far as I'm concerned, and its really pissing me off. Quite the embarrassment to D3 I am at this point. This is going to take quite the effort for me to have even a decent finish. Damn it.

Two thousand miles!!

Mitch, take a break man. Have a beer and go fishing, watch some golf, do something else dude! You're coming on leaps and bounds as it is, lower your expectations a bit and enjoy it a bit more rather than getting pissed!

Well, I'm at the point where fustration has set in. The last half of this track has really got me puzzled as to what I'm doing wrong. I have tried everything and just can't get it right. I'm going to have to take a step back and really anylize my laps to see what the hell I'm doing wrong. I have put 2,000 miles in on this combo with not a damn thing to show for it, as far as I'm concerned, and its really pissing me off. Quite the embarrassment to D3 I am at this point. This is going to take quite the effort for me to have even a decent finish. Damn it.

I feel your pain. Yesterday I had a couple of .3's out of t1 only to stuff up t2. Then, I was stuffing up t1 and running t2 as smooth as I probably can. I managed to get a decent t1-2 then I slid all the way around t3 and took the final hairpin wrong. I've only gotten in 2 sittings with this combo and if I can't get another in before the deadline, I'm not gonna submit a time.
Once the frustration kicks in, it's time to take a break. Maybe for a couple of hours or maybe even a day or two. Hot lapping is very mentally draining, Especially in longer stints. It's better to come back with a fresh mind after some time off then to try and push through the frustration.

Relax and try again tomorrow, it's amazing how easy it can be after some rest :), congrats on D3 By the way 👍

Well, I'm at the point where fustration has set in....
So say all who run TTs, Mitch. What are your expectations?

“Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.”
― Lao Tzu, Te Tao Ching

Stop pushing and find your rhythm. :)

Thanks guys for your votes of confidence and words of wisdom. As you can tell, I have very high expectations for myself and when those are not meant, I get fustrated. Failure is not an option for me....neither is 2nd place. Now that I am in D3, I have put even more pressure on myself, for the simple reason that I am among an elite group of drivers of whom I need to keep pace with, if not better. Thats just the way it is for me and the goals I set forth. Sometimes I just need to vent which my previous post was about.

Anyways, back at it for a few more hours until the Nationwide NASCAR race starts, then its break time.👍

Only gained .03 at the line.

Not very good T1 this lap as I went too slow in the first turn. But after that turn, I had a personal best T2 and T3. I've gotten as low as a 22.16x in T1 so another 2 tenths is possible to find.

Last edited:
Nice going Andrew. 👍 I've submitted with what I've got. Busy weekend ahead so probably won't get time for a decent session. Last go on Monday but I don't expect to improve. 1 tenth left out there so I'm not too disappointed with my time. :)

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Back