GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 116 : Elizabeth,Queen of the Forest

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 254 comments

Got my time back! :D Now to see if I can put down one of my elusive 4s in T1 and clean up my last corner. Way too slow on entry.

Finally made a tune that's works for me.

Now I can drive it harder and not hang out the rear. To bad I won't have much time over the weekend, there is lots to be had here yet.

Last edited:

Lost a tenth in t2 and 3. Also, I'm hoping the registry gets updated by Monday so my time actually counts. I believe I contacted the correct person, just depends on how busy he is.

Finally headed back in the right direction. Having to dig deep, but whatever it takes.

T1 is .17 off my best, but the rest of the lap is very good.

Can any other admins fix the registry?

Name change, so the leaderboard won't update cos it's expecting zdroeodoroeoklvlelvin :)

Baron, this name change wont make you any faster I hope? :D

millross
Name change, so the leaderboard won't update cos it's expecting zdroeodoroeoklvlelvin :)

Baron, this name change wont make you any faster I hope? :D

Well, it makes logging in about .050 faster, which should get me to d1.:)

Well, it makes logging in about .050 faster, which should get me to d1.:)

I'm gonna try that.:sly:

EDIT: Damn, got my lap I've been looking for.👍 Just got to make sure its clean as its pretty damn close on that dog leg after the first turn. The closest I've seen is half the tire is still on the track so I'm fairly confident its good. Going to check it more to make sure. I won't post the splits until I'm 100% sure its good.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try that.:sly:

EDIT: Damn, got my lap I've been looking for.👍 Just got to make sure its clean as its pretty damn close on that dog leg after the first turn. The closest I've seen is half the tire is still on the track so I'm fairly confident its good. Going to check it more to make sure. I won't post the splits until I'm 100% sure its good.

Glad you found it! I still left .05 in t1 and over .1 in t2, but I had a pretty decent t3. I won't get any seat time in before the cutoff, so I'll be submitting with the splits I've posted. Looks like you did good with your promotion! Feels good when you get frustrated then come back with some fast runs eh?

Nice digging there CR, now I'm goin ta have ta get off the couch and put in a couple of hrs to try to make you dig deeper :)

Bring it on.👍 You push, I push, eventually we'll push each other right up to the next division. 👍

First laps on a late start, running the car in on track (about 40 laps)

Still havent got the first sector togheter....

Last edited:
Stink'n 1st turn, if I get a decent time on it then 2nd turn goes down the tubes.

Stink'n 1st turn, if I get a decent time on it then 2nd turn goes down the tubes.

Try braking just barely right before you get to the gran turismo sign, start turning right at the sign while barely holding the brake and then floor it once you get to the apex. You can get around 115 mph through the turn if you do it right. Turn 2 is about finesse, which I can't do lol

Try downshifting to 5th also if your not already. I have been taking 5th gear all the way around until after turn 2.

Thanks guys. Seems I brake/turn too early or too late. I can hit 108 mph with some consistency, but flub turn 2 then. I do down shift to 5th and hold it to turn 2. Will try what Brandon suggested. Tomorrow morning after some pancakes!! Have to rest the hip tonight.

Thanks guys. Seems I brake/turn too early or too late. I can hit 108 mph with some consistency, but flub turn 2 then. I do down shift to 5th and hold it to turn 2. Will try what Brandon suggested.

Yea I forgot about the downshift part as Mitch said lol don't downshift as soon as you brake or you'll slide causing you to lose mph on turn 1. I try to downshift right before I hit the apex, then carry 5th to the next turn, tap the brakes slightly downshift and floor it once I think I can make it around the corner to the tunnel. Hope that helps Gayle!

Yea I forgot about the downshift part as Mitch said lol don't downshift as soon as you brake or you'll slide causing you to lose mph on turn 1. I try to downshift right before I hit the apex, then carry 5th to the next turn, tap the brakes slightly downshift and floor it once I think I can make it around the corner to the tunnel. Hope that helps Gayle!

Thats funny you say that because thats exactly how I take that turn and I've had sectors damn close to Chris's. I downshift exactly at the same time I tap my brakes. I don't have to input so much steering doing it that way. Not sure of my speed around that corner, I'll have to check. Then, like I said, I hold 5th all the way around until the exit of turn 2. I've had some blazing sector 1 times, I just throw it all away by the time I get back to the line.

At last a better first sector, medioke second tough...

Last edited:
Thats funny you say that because thats exactly how I take that turn and I've had sectors damn close to Chris's. I downshift exactly at the same time I tap my brakes. I don't have to input so much steering doing it that way. Not sure of my speed around that corner, I'll have to check. Then, like I said, I hold 5th all the way around until the exit of turn 2. I've had some blazing sector 1 times, I just throw it all away by the time I get back to the line.

Oh I can see where downshifting and sliding a bit would yield a faster time, but getting the car to slide predictably is beyond my experience level of only 3 months lol there are times when I've nailed turn 1 and had to shift to 6th before turn 2 because of bouncing the rev limiter, but I either stuff up turn 2 or get excited when I see a high .2 at the split and run off the track lol I was just trying to give Gayle some advice on how to consistently get a better turn 1. Without a doubt, sliding turn 1 a bit will get you through it faster, but the problem is being able to nail it correctly more than once every couple of laps if you can't string the rest of the lap together.

I never gave 5th a try through turn 2, so I might try that if I can get one more go before the cutoff. I'm pretty sure I don't take turn 2 fast enough or consistently enough to use 5th. Probably why I'm behind you in the standings ;)

Improved another 0.350 at the line, first sector was not good tough, but best sector 2 and 3so far...

Improved another 0.350 at the line, first sector was not good tough, but best sector 2 and 3so far...

That 1st sector is a problem for me also. I have BB 2/0, and ABS 10. The T500rs seems to have a heavy brake pedal. Or maybe it's my Lead Foot! :)

Latest Posts

Back