• Mode: Arcade Mode : Time Trial
  • Track: World Circuits > Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: USA > Art Morrison
  • Model: Corvette '60

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 520 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1437 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Any (Manual or Automatic)
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off')
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ. This includes cones and Green Bollards!
  • Tarmac and Blue and Yellow Rumble Strips are Track.
  • Tarmac or other surfaces beyond Blue and Yellow Rumble Strips or behind white boundary lines are not track (Except as Specified in Below Pictures).
  • No Other Surfaces are Track.
Track Boundary Specifics

Trackside Left at Exit of Last Chicane/Start of Main Straight

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_19.jpg

CLEAN
CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_20.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right at Right Sweeper of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_21.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_22.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left in Lefthand Turn of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_23.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_24.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of Dunlop

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_28.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_29.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right Before Last Left of Esses, before Tertre Rogue

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_31.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right of Tertre Rouge

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_32.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_33.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left on Exit of Tertre Rouge

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_34.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_35.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left on Approach to Mulsanne

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_36.jpg

CLEAN

Trackside Left At Exit of Mulsanne

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_37.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_38.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Exit of for Right in Indianapolis

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_39.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_40.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Left at Left Turn in Indianapolis

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_41.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of First Right of Porsche Curves

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_42.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Exit of Last of Porsche Curves

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_43.jpg

DIRTY

Trackside Right on Straight Next to Last Chicane

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_44.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_45.jpg

DIRTY

Right hand Side before Chicanes

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_13.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_14.jpg

DIRTY

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_12.jpg

DIRTY

Chicanes

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_15.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_16.jpg

DIRTY

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_17.jpg

CLEAN

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_18.jpg

DIRTY

Steward's Comments:
1960 was the first year a Corvette raced at Le Mans, and one of the entries won its class. Corvette of course has a long and storied racing legacy, and many 24 Hours of Le Mans victories. This week's race is a tribute to both the current race and the past heritage. Credit to MadMax86 for the combo idea. I never would have put these 2 together, but it fits like a glove.

1960_LeMans_Corvette_3.jpg

Viewing your Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

SaveBestLapIcon.png

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if all four tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 through T5 Times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 5

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 122 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, June 24th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

This car's a handful, one of my least favorite in the stable! I need a week off anyway. :)

This car's a handful, one of my least favorite in the stable! I need a week off anyway. :)

The car is a bit notorious, but it works well on this combo.

Try driving in cockpit view, I normally don't like it, but it's a thing of beauty in this car.

First few laps.

Not easy to get a clean lap.

A bit better

Last edited:
EDK
The car is a bit notorious, but it works well on this combo.

Try driving in cockpit view, I normally don't like it, but it's a thing of beauty in this car.
I might try that just for kicks as I owned a 59 Vette back in the day.

Driving in the Cockpit View is a trip, especially if you've ever driven one!! :gtpflag:

Good practise aswell for people who are doing the GT3 on Sunday ;) First laps, still loads of time to be found...

Splits after 20 minutes of having a long time off. Got some work to do :d

Red flags for all! :/ I was up over 1 second on my ghost and got a penalty for staying on the rumbles :/

Last edited:
I can tell this is going to be a frustrating but very fun week! After about 5 minutes of attempting T1 I am annoyed already with the in-game penalty system, some rumbles you can run on fine, other its reds you... pick one or the other not both PD!

But very fun car to drive :D

---------
After several red laps finally managed a clean one, loads of time still out there

Last edited:
Dammit Kevin... The first time we use the full La Sarthe and I'm injured. :ouch:

The missus said I could have a short session today if I wore my knee brace. Its very restrictive with hinges set to only allow 15 degrees of movement but I can drive, just a bit clumsy on the brakes. Anyway I chose to run this instead of the HSV and managed 3 and a half laps before it started hurting too much just pressing the brake pedal. Luckily 2 of them were clean too. :P

Nowhere near the limit but its tricky on the brakes. Fun combo though... I can't see me managing many more laps than 3 or 4 here and there if I'm lucky.

First sit down. About 20 laps, 1 clean!!!

Al

First splits after only 2 clean laps.

28.764 (way too cautious here :lol:)

a few tenths to gain through T1 > T4, just cant get a good run through T5 unless im on a red lap :grumpy: but giving up for tonight

Last edited:

again, only a couple of clean laps so far. So hard not to be cautious in the last two sectors for fear of binning a good lap.
Great fun though 👍

Tried to work around my braking handicap by adjusting the load cell and found a bit better consistency but I still can't manage more than few laps before I have to move to relax the muscles around my knee. A good step today though:

Lost time in the braking zone for Mulsanne and was a little slow to get back on the power. Other than that, not too bad at this point. I don't feel like I'm finding the limit yet though.... I'm banned from driving tomorrow after being allowed to run tonight so another bash on Thursday. :mischievous:

After 8 laps with a few not red :yuck:. This is really a fun combo to drive. Get some time to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Man, I shouldn't have tried this combo right after spending time on the current seasonal TT in the X2010 prototype (which I finally golded). I have the impression that the Corvette just won't turn!

I'll wait a day or two before I get back to it...

Damnit chris take it easy or something, give the rest of us a chance! :D nice work so far

--

on reflection, are you sure your T2 time wasn't a typo Chris? :lol: I could easily see a tenth or 2 on my time, but .572.... its 2 (3) corners and a straight, that's a mega time if it is genuine!

some new splits from me, all I can manage tonight

Last edited:
yea, i wanted to point that out, i did a low 41.6 and it seemed perfect. I think I'm gonna have some splits by the end of the day

Typo? :lol: Heathens! Its genuine thank you. Looks like your .6 isn't perfect then eh anastasis...? :sly:

Can't run this TT anymore. On Sunday, I'm leaving and I'll be away from home until the following Friday. That also probably means I'll only have 3 days to run the next TT as well. :scared: Good luck guys. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back