GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 15 : Running Full Stop in Reverse - FIRST POST UPDATED

• Thread starter EDK
  • 711 comments
Managed to get some laps in. In total I have done about 400 km this week or about 7,5% of Chuk's distance. This is probably the least amount of time I have spent on a WRS week and I know from experience that there are a couple of tenths in it still since I always improve a lot with more distance.

Anyway, submitting with

I don't think I have much left in the "tank," but since I'm bored, I'm going to give this little bug another kick!

For the record, it took 3,266.8 miles for me to achieve my goal. These splits won't move me on the leaderboard, but they do give me a deep sense of satisfaction. I left a tenth in t2, but t1 is strong, and the final sector is my personal best. BY A TENTH AND HALF!!! :)

T1: 22.665
T2: 28.786

:D:D:)

week15_c.jpg

I'm done; drove 232 miles... see you at the finish line.

Nice! Look at that camber on those frontwheels just to try and keep it from understeering!👍

Submitting with these splits

Thanks to everyone who posted up settings, a great help as always 👍

Seeing as we are all stating milage this week, I ran 250 mls.

Good luck everyone :)

1700kms is a decent effort! Your much further up the leaderboard than last week 👍

This is still clean right?
Entering the tunnel just before T1

It's clean. 👍

I'm going to submit with my splits shown. I can hang with my ghost and even beat it at T1, but I can't match my lines through T2. This was probably my best T2 and a solid T3, so hoping that moves me up the board a bit. ;)

My last splits didnt have time this weekend :(, and sitting in the sun drinking beers today didnt help either :lol:

T1: 22.629
T2: 28.656

I have seen one 22.58X but that was lucky bump. Submitted with these splits :).

My last splits didnt have time this weekend :(, and sitting in the sun drinking beers today didnt help either :lol:

T1: 22.629
T2: 28.656

I have seen one 22.58X but that was lucky bump. Submitted with these splits :).
Nice splits Cico, I'm still running. Haven't had a chance to run this in the weekend either, so I guess it's all fair between us.:)

Going to be tight.:scared:

EDIT: Yeah, nice weather today.

BloodiMayhem
WHOA!!!
What a difference a small adjustment makes!
I managed to make up some time in T1, not alot, and it put me up 20 spots on the ladder!
I was chasing Dan all week, then all of a sudden KABOOM - breakthrough!

Submitted.

Cheers All !!!

Nice! Good to see a Div. 5er up there! I'm sitting here on my last hour before work trying to work this out and getting frustrated as, it's not enough time. I really wanted to give this one a go but had to work all weekend. I wish more Div. 5 guys would take part, I don't see you being here long. Not like I can catch you!

You know there's a lot of time in the finish, and different setups and gears achieve the most dramatically different results in T3 ;)

I agree with that statement, my best T1 and T2 always resulted in slower overall times, made some adjustments and made a big difference in T3.

btw, ended up using your setup CSLACR, with a few tweaks. thanks for sharing! The only thing I changed was moved the rear spoiler down to 23, and used -.10/ -.05 toe.

I also put 10 ballast at -50 which seemed to help me out tremendously. Almost forgot about that because I did it a few days ago and never messed with it again. wasn't much talk about ballast, curious if I'm the only one that used it.

Submitting with:
T1: 22.674
T2: 28.653

Went wide in the last corner.
Could see a few more tenths, if I had more time.

Submitted with posted splits. Miffed that I couldnt go faster in about 250 miles of trying.

@ jbrinkley: The fastest will never put one pound of ballast on their car, because more weight means less acceleration. They rely on the suspension to fix any handling problems.

I've submitted my lap with posted splits, and I feel pretty good about it. I'm not expecting to achieve either my goal of a D2 podium or a top ten, but I know I tried my best. Although my fastest splits would move me up the board, this ghost beats them all, so I'm hoping to not lose much ground this week! Another great combo, Kevin!!

Good luck to all! :cheers:

Total Mileage: 3,368.0 miles, or from my house on the East Coast to Kevin's House on the West Coast, so I'm closer for this weeks race!!! :D

Last edited:
Nice improvement Wes - I thought this week was going to be a total loss but its actually been quite fun.

I sorted out my T3 but with a 0.1 loss in T2.... a net gain of 0.006 at the line. But faster is faster and every thousandth counts... :)

T1: 22.614
T2: 28.793

I may squeeze a couple more runs in before the deadline but its going to be a tall order to beat my T1 and T3 with a better T2 so this may be my submission. Fun week in the end, well done all survivors. :cheers: This is the fastest I've ever been in a FWD car.

I hear you, Chris. I was just getting ready to post my t2 time of 51.270, which would be fifth overall mind you, when this lap happened!

The T3 for this combo is a tricky nut to crack, that's for sure. :crazy:

If you have any time for a last run Dan - remember "slow in,fast out" This combo benefits from that more than most. Early braking, gentle on the throttle on exits. :) You're still 3 seconds up from your first posted splits this week though. 👍

After 2 weeks in WRS, I'm convinced you are all aliens!

Good job everyone! Times improved dramatically from beginning of week.

Final splits:

Time to go learn how to drive a DS3 w/ MT. I can tell, AT isn't going to cut it.

@ jbrinkley: The fastest will never put one pound of ballast on their car, because more weight means less acceleration. They rely on the suspension to fix any handling problems.

I've submitted my lap with posted splits, and I feel pretty good about it. I'm not expecting to achieve either my goal of a D2 podium or a top ten, but I know I tried my best. Although my fastest splits would move me up the board, this ghost beats them all, so I'm hoping to not lose much ground this week! Another great combo, Kevin!!

Good luck to all! :cheers:

Total Mileage: 3,368.0 miles, or from my house on the East Coast to Kevin's House on the West Coast, so I'm closer for this weeks race!!! :D

yeah, I knew adding weight would impact acceleration, but it sure handled much better and maybe someday I'll be able to figure out a way to fix it with suspension instead of adding weight. thanks for the tip though, I'll know next time to keep tweaking instead of adding the weight.

Misdeed managed. Just below 51.5. Should be happy...

... but borked T3 somehow, of course.

I have 2517 km (1573 miles) on the counter, no match for Chuk :crazy:

But I surely have the worst paint job!

I had to punish this car for it's handling. Much understeer, much punishment. Now I feel good :D

wrs15-2.jpg

Btw some serious splits you guys are putting out at the last moments. I love this. Even though everyone hates the car, the competition goes on.

The T3 for this combo is a tricky nut to crack, that's for sure. :crazy:

If you have any time for a last run Dan - remember "slow in,fast out" This combo benefits from that more than most. Early braking, gentle on the throttle on exits. :) You're still 3 seconds up from your first posted splits this week though. 👍

Thanks, Chris, for yours and Chuck's and Dan's and Plato's and...Carlos and Zoky..and Kevin..[I know I'm forgetting somebody, so I will be sure to EDIT ;lol:,] but you guys rock!!!!!!!!!! with your sharing! I would not be able to post anything near what I do without the expertise you guys share. This is my initial "touch" of GT, so take from me when I honestly say that it's much appreciated.

Believe it or not, I may be wrong, but I was proud of my T3! I'll put it up on the tube for your comments. :)

:cheers: and 👍 You guys deserve it!!

@ Bloodimayhem....see you in D4 soon! 👍

Last edited:
Look forward to seeing your T3 then Dan :) ...and you're welcome 👍

Cicua - I painted my Civic TVR Reflex Spice too (yours looks like that's what it is) but I thought it was kinda cool. :dopey:

Time for my last run before the deadline... :scared:

Submitting with these splits

T1 22.698
T2 28.652

Good luck guys, struggled and never got the time I could see :scared:

Back