GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 15 : Running Full Stop in Reverse - FIRST POST UPDATED

• Thread starter EDK
  • 711 comments
Would love to get that .15 in T1 :D

Jerome

Wow. Plato Tune, slightly revised for less understeer.

Can't see much left, maybe .1 in T1, about .2-3 in T2.

About an hour on track. Thanks Vagabond and Plato tunes. Still plowing like a dump truck. Lots of time to find here.

I see most people are getting on with this tune quite well, I will be having another stab at this one later on this afternoon.

Good luck all, I see you Red and I will be coming for you :sly: nice splits 👍

Going to get the trophy for Racing Modifying a car (finally) , thanks to this week's combo. 👍

I wonder , how many trophies GT5_WRS has alredy covered ?

MadMax

First 20mins with the new Tune...

:D

Another few tenths to be found of course.

New splits. Getting a little quicker :)

T1: 23.277
T2: 29.776

T1: 23.151
T2: 29.417

EDIT: I have a question for Kevin or if someone else can explain.

If I came out of turn 1 and the rear right hand tyre crossed the white line just after the rumble stripe, is it considered a dirty lap?

Last edited:
Here are some early splits from about 10 laps of running.:)

Lots and lots of smoke in T2 and T3, so I should be able to beat my time.:sly:

I think you should all be able to see why I wasn't giving this tune away straight away, you all obviously find it faster. I will be giving it another run later though as there is more time in this for me :sly:

Nice splits Dion, there is a .5 in T1 as my friend who tuned this ran a fantastic lap

Last edited:
Not really my cup of tea, but going to try and submit this week (well, before Friday as got the first GT5 UKGTP next weekend!)

Another .4/5 at the line and I'll be fairly happy with this.

It's still a smoke fest though.:dopey: I'll be trying again tomorrow to improve this.:)

First splits ...

Each new lap gained me a few tenths so 53s should be doable, even for me :D

Yes or no to TCS for the slow guys?

I was testing this reverse ride height glitch the other day and unless it's only a glitch that works with extremes (max front, min rear) then I firmly believe it not to be true which would make it a tuning gimmick which is against the rules......

Edit: Note this test was done on a Monaro I'm building, I've yet to have a crack at this WRS, I hope to soon though.

Edit 2: Then again it doesn't make the car accelerate faster or anything so I guess it's not against the rules, but I still view it as a gimmick.

I was testing this reverse ride height glitch the other day and unless it's only a glitch that works with extremes (max front, min rear) then I firmly believe it not to be true which would make it a tuning gimmick which is against the rules......

Edit: Note this test was done on a Monaro I'm building, I've yet to have a crack at this WRS, I hope to soon though.

I think most people who have experimented with this will disagree with you, Team_Skills worked out the tuning was backwards the first week the game came out and many others have found this to be true 👍

We'll see, when I tune this Civic. If it's true I'll never be returning to my garage and my interest in this game will dwindle very quickly from there. No point tuning if it's all backwards fake crap.

We'll see, when I tune this Civic. If it's true I'll never be returning to my garage and my interest in this game will dwindle very quickly from there. No point tuning if it's all backwards fake crap.

I wouldn't say the tuning was fake, it is just reversed and been programmed into the game wrong. Some of the tuning is very extreme though :sly:

First splits for me, haven't played reverse for a while, still trying to get the lines right.
Thanks for the tune Plato, it seems eerily reminiscent of the Integra/London :sly:

About an hour on track. Thanks Vagabond and Plato tunes. Still plowing like a dump truck. Lots of time to find here.

One thing that has not been talked about extensively in these posted tunes is the downforce.

Something to keep in mind as you apply this tune. It will still plow with a lot of rear downforce, but as soon as you take it off, look out.

I had maxed out my downforce on this car, something I normally do when going to run a car online, since it normally offers a performance advantage with very little if any downside.

I ran some laps last night with Plato's tune. Before changing the downforce, I was not getting any of the sensation of lift off oversteer mentioned in here.

I kept my front downforce at the max of 15, and lowered the rear to a min of 5, and voila, I managed to spin the car right off the bat, in the last turn of the warmup before even crossing the SFL. :dopey:

I still need to fiddle with the tune to get it right for me, I was playing with gears last night, and also used the downforce to dial in the balance of turn in and grip. I think I ended up with downforce settings of 15/12, which was still quite loose, but allowed me to be confident on turn in.

EDIT: I have a question for Kevin or if someone else can explain.

If I came out of turn 1 and the rear right hand tyre crossed the white line just after the rumble stripe, is it considered a dirty lap?

What's the surface there? If it's tarmac, or red and white rumble, you are fine. If it's neither, you are not fine. Very straight forward this week, only 2 things are surface. Tarmac, and red and white rumbles.

Another quick go, still finessing my set-up from earlier. Will post that later, for now though here are some more splits...

T1: 23.198
T2: 29.418

I have noticed in the last few weeks how much faster people have got, "wait for me guys" :sly:

Excellent times all you guys have been posting over the last few weeks, congrats, going to give this a second run myself now. Quick question, Is the max hp of this car 283bhp or have people managed to get a bit more out of the car ?

EDK
What's the surface there? If it's tarmac, or red and white rumble, you are fine. If it's neither, you are not fine. Very straight forward this week, only 2 things are surface. Tarmac, and red and white rumbles.

Thanks for the quick response Kev. Its all tarmac there. I was just a little concerned that the white line might have been classed as the edge of the track, thats all

To give an example, Phil posted this:
picture.php

It was a re-Leaf to see I didn't go to wide here​

My right rear wheel never came this close to the grass. I was just concerned that my wheel went over the white line in the 1st place.

Plato, I think Zoky can drive with 4 flat tyres and still be faster than most of us. Also don't worry about him seeing your tune, I pinched one (not sure if it's Zoky's tune) from over gtsurgeons for the current TT13 which first go knocked off 0.5 off my time. :) It turned from a bus to a not bad handling car.
Lol how on earth did you find it over at gtsurgeons??!:sly:....usualy, rasta, knegas and me are sharing setup for SE TT so we get a good setup real fast but this time for TT13 all credit goes to them as I didn't have time to run both Nurb TT and develop a setup for that Cappuchino!👍

I'll probably run this one later tonight....thanks for sharing Plato!! :D

I love this track very much, especially at reverse but I know how much understeer this car has as I drove it a lot...(we had a hot hatch championship over at gtsurgeons with this car)..

I love this track very much, especially at reverse but I know how much understeer this car has as I drove it a lot...(we had a hot hatch championship over at gtsurgeons with this car)..

*packs up, goes home...*

Lol how on earth did you find it over at gtsurgeons??!:sly:....usualy, rasta, knegas and me are sharing setup for SE TT so we get a good setup real fast but this time for TT13 all credit goes to them as I didn't have time to run both Nurb TT and develop a setup for that Cappuchino!👍

I'll probably run this one later tonight....thanks for sharing Plato!! :D

Take your beady eyes off my tune :sly:

I suppose at least we will see how fast it really is this week :lol:

Im finding it really tough to do the double right hander... That corner just eats tenths... can do 22.7 - 8's till the cows come home but very rarely can I do that corner properly, its got some mid corner speed thats just very hard to maintain with the power understeer you get with this car. Sadly oversteer doesnt fix the understeer as the front wheels just understeer and slide off the track with the rear as soon as you power on anyway :lol:, loosing you all your momentum and thus time with it.

Im finding it really tough to do the double right hander... That corner just eats tenths... can do 22.7 - 8's till the cows come home but very rarely can I do that corner properly, its got some mid corner speed thats just very hard to maintain with the power understeer you get with this car. Sadly oversteer doesnt fix the understeer as the front wheels just understeer and slide off the track with the rear as soon as you power on anyway :lol:, loosing you all your momentum and thus time with it.

Glad I am not the only one struggling with the double right, I actually find it faster to keep a tight line around it. The next corner after that is also causing me problems, just ran a time 2 tenths faster at the line but lost 2 tenths in T2. Anybody else managing to get through second to last corner flat out?

Back