Race Details:

• Mode: GT Mode : Practice : A-Spec Free Run
  • Track: Deep Forest Reverse
  • Car Type: Premium
  • Make: Honda
  • Model: Civic Type R (EK) RM '97
  • Laps: Hotlap in A-Spec Free Run Practice

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 277 HP (Race Modified Car with Additional Modifications Detailed Below) - This number will go up with Engine Break In. Max Power is fine.
  • Weight - 845 kg (Use of Ballast and Ballast Adjustment is Optional)
  • Engine, Intake, and Exhaust Modifications : All Allowed
  • Engine Power Limiter : N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger : Not Allowed (Verifiable on replay HUD)
  • Oil Change : Required
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Transmission: Optional - OK to alter individual gear ratios and final drive ratio
  • Aero: Upto Maximum Downforce is Allowed
  • Tire Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed. These would be things like the Subaru Toe Bug found on GT5 Prologue.

Race Specifics:

• The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface.
  • No other surfaces are track
  • The Concrete Surface found on the outside of the rumble strip and past white boundary lines in several turns is not track. This means concrete, cobbles, grasscrete, or anything else that is not one of the 2 allowed surfaces.
  • See examples below. Those who use these runoff areas without keeping at least 2 wheels on Tarmac or Rumble Strips will be DQ'd. This does not mean these are the only 2 out of bounds areas. These pictures are posted for clarification only.

The Following Areas are Not Part of the Track. If You do not keep at least 2 wheels on track surface, you will be DQ'd.

DeepForestRaceway_9.jpg

The concrete on the left before entering the last tunnel

DeepForestRaceway_8.jpg

The concrete on the right after exiting the last tunnel

Steward's Comments:
This is our first chance at using one of the Race Modified Cars PD was so kind to include in GT5. Deep Forest Reverse holds a special place for me. I was promoted from division 3 to division 2 back in the GT4 days while running this combo here.

Viewing your T1, T2 & T3 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime
  • The Specific Car You are Using

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of splits: 2

The posting of settings is encouraged, but it's certainly not mandatory. We respect anyone wishing not to post settings, so please do not publicly ask someone to post their settings, they will if they want to.
It is however expected for splits to be posted if you're taking part.

DeepForestRaceway_5.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 15 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, May 30th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site. Beware of the US Daylight Savings Time Change, don't cut it too close.

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

DeepForestRaceway_2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
Oh, this brings back memories for me too!

Really enjoy driving the RM cars, haven't had a go of the Civic yet though, so look forward to trying.

Cool combo, I can't wait to push the edges of the track and not roast the hides 👍 Auto Powerrrrrr........

I will try to use my power progression trick on this one if I can. It will be an interesting experiment :)

Progressive winding of the rubber band to run flat out through the turns and bring up the power until I have to start moderating the throttle. This shouldn't be as complicated as the NASCAR cars on Indy though.

Last edited:
Nice one - now I gotta decide between polishing my Nurb time and this.

Another memory this might bring back is BC6 (if you think of the track) :mischievous:

I hope to get closer to the D1 guys this week.
How can I forget :lol:, Its finally time for my revenge :sly:

How you ended up in D3 is beyond me, I think you need to take out some of those sand bags ;)

How you ended up in D3 is beyond me, I think you need to take out some of those sand bags ;)
I'll try to make it challenging for you, but even though DF2 is my best track, I think you will have no problems getting your revenge from the looks of your week 14 splits. :eek:

For the qualifier, I did my runs in a rush a couple of hours before the deadline, which was too late anyways (didn't notice GMT). I think I'll have to do more than just remove the sand bags though :lol:, I've actually been trying hard for week 14 and I'm not even sure I'll manage to top D3. There's a lot of fast people now! :scared:

I might have to eventually connect the DFGT to see if that helps.

Didn't feel in the mood for the Nurb this week, but I spent 90 minutes on this one with some truly crazy settings :crazy:

I can post my settings if someone wants (I'm no expert, I just use the Apex book! woo!), but I know full well someone else will post better splits and settings that make sense.

I've been .15 faster at T1, but the rest of this lap was where I needed to be. So now I can spend the rest of the week on that .15 :lol:

23.513 (23.339)

Jerome

Didn't feel in the mood for the Nurb this week, but I spent 90 minutes on this one with some truly crazy settings :crazy:

I can post my settings if someone wants (I'm no expert, I just use the Apex book! woo!), but I know full well someone else will post better splits and settings that make sense.

I've been .15 faster at T1, but the rest of this lap was where I needed to be. So now I can spend the rest of the week on that .15 :lol:

23.513 (23.339)

Jerome
Nice to see you'll be racing also this week, it will be like old times.

I had a look at your racing setup, looks really cool. 👍

Nice to see you'll be racing also this week, it will be like old times.

I had a look at your racing setup, looks really cool. 👍

Been a long time dude, great to see ya. Man we had some epic battles....

I like my setup, except for the small claw marks from my cats, but its just cosmetic :) You should break out the wheel man 👍

Just saw.....Div III? Go easy on 'em!

Jerome

Another shot for honing my tuning skills (one of the main reason I am trying to keep my compromise at max with WRS).
Nice one Kev!

I will be taking this one off, getting DiRT 3 on Tuesday. Good luck everyone.

First splits with few very small tweaks to default setup:

I can see about .2 seconds to be had in each of the three sectors using current setup.

I can't forget that one either, you were robbed of P1 due to NTSC vs PAL difference, lol.

This looks great, I'll keep it in mind if I get spare time, it's been a very long time since I did a time trial.

Might be worth people taking the time to digest Stotty's thread on the tuning anomolies in GT5 - suggest you contain yourselves to the first three pages as it goes south after that.

Props to Chris for posting his findings at the time (and hanging in on the thread long after the crazies got hold of it!) 👍

Uh-oh. Tuning involved means something like a second additional handicap for me. (The first being lack of talent) :ill:

T1: 0'23.423
T2: 0'29.548

T1: 0'23.313
T2: 0'29.626

Talk of swings & roundabouts, quicker T1 slower T2 :crazy:

Phillip.

Last edited:
First session...
Can you say Understeer??

If anybody can get this thing to even think about lift off oversteer then they deserve to win the internet.

Track is great, either way round.

The car however... I've driven 25 tonne six-wheelers with less understeer than this.

Feels good being beaten by someone in D3 Bronze. :crazy:

He beat me in a Board Race at this very track back in the day ;). Div 1 racer from GT3 days.
Yeah I just checked out his GTP history in the archives. You spent alot of time on the qualifier this time round then Fabio? :sly: Fact is, I am utter **** in FWD cars anyway. :dunce:

Loving the combo 👍 Very accessible car and track combo, each one of my family members had a lap :lol: Are the two turns at the end of the back straight supposed to be taken as a double apex? I can't find the sweet spot, but I've gotten close :)

Might be worth people taking the time to digest Stotty's thread on the tuning anomolies in GT5 - suggest you contain yourselves to the first three pages as it goes south after that.

Props to Chris for posting his findings at the time (and hanging in on the thread long after the crazies got hold of it!) 👍

Carlos, thanks for the tip...I had no idea of this situation. Shouldn't everyone be awared?

Back