GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 15 : Running Full Stop in Reverse - FIRST POST UPDATED

• Thread starter EDK
  • 711 comments
Mark, uh... are you sure we were driving the same car??? How the hell did you achieve that speed @ turn 1??

Good lord.....

Cheers on a great race, may aswell post up a reply here as not sure how long the results will be posted up. Such low 18 times from Zoky and myself would not have been achieved if it weren't for the excellent setup Plato created and kindly shared with us, thanks mate;)

I was thankful that at least some of my setup stuff was semi useful, generally I do suck majorly in Gtmode:crazy:

Congrats to all those who dipped under the 1'19 mark:tup: Especially Mignun
Amazing because in kph I can see no difference between my lap and that, except you hugged the final turn, which I never thought to try. :dunce:
Buy I'm happy just to be within half a second. That's a first for me. :)

A hell of a finish by wes too.

Chuk's monster mileage paid off in T3, .450 or so? I didn't go below .5 all week and I was pretty happy with my T3 :)

I've got .454, which was by far my best! I only saw one or two .5xx, most were .6xx. But I didn't figure it out until the last day, so I needed every mile!!

Well done chuk! Amazing result given all that effort. Quite happy with 10th in D2, Im aiming for mid-table every week.

Congratz to all podiums, and people going below 19sec mark. Awesome times from Holl and Zoky, Wes very nice last sector.
Mine last sector pretty rubbish :lol:, previous best lap was 0.1sec faster there :P.

First time I've looked at this today - great results from everyone :cheers: Some amazing times in there as usual, so congrats to all the division winners and podium placers.

Thanks to Plato, CLS, Chuk, Kev, Chris and both Dan's for all their thoughts on set-ups.

Special congratulations to Gravitron 👍 dude you were 0.09 off taking the D3 win nevermined D4. Awesome job.

And lastly to my mate Chuk who was the WRS equivalent of Forrest Gump this week "run Forrest, run" - man I don't think you even slept! Without disrespect to Mignun and Seken, I was thrilled when I saw you'd won D2, and got that o/a top 10 as well. All your hard work paid off and more power to you buddy. Your T3 was on fire, I think my best was a .611 but my submission was a .718 so I was nowhere in comparison. Many many congratulations :bowdown:
:cheers:

Congrats to Dan and Zoky for setting the benchmark again this week, great lap times from you both 👍

A big well done to Chuk for taking the D2 win this week, you earned it with all the time and dedication you put into this combo 👍

I could not get the lap time I was after, ran a few low 51.2s, only to buckle under the pressure, but happy enough with the result.

Thanks to Spud_Skills for the tune :)

Only gave this a couple of serious goes after losing my way on set up and getting frustrated. Some very impressive times submitted, well done to all!

Oh the humiliation. Not only beaten by the Gute again, I am also last in D1 for the first time. ;)

Zoky and Dan, amazing times as usual.
I should have tried your tune earlier Dan, nice one.

Congrats to Paulie to be the first to finish behind these two aliens, nice time and a well deserved podium.👍

I'm pretty happy to be in 4th place. Of course it's not what I was hoping for, but I knew from the start it was an almost impossible task to get a podium.

I noticed that you went with 4 wheels behind the white line after the first tunnel, I thought that was unclean. Because I thought only tarmac and rumble strips were track and I thought it's not tarmac behind the white line. Should have either looked at the track better or read the rules better.
I threw quite a few good splits away because of that.:yuck:

EDIT: Thanks for the complements on my final sector, unfortunately the rest of the lap was pretty rubbish.:dopey:

Last edited:
And lastly to my mate Chuk who was the WRS equivalent of Forrest Gump this week "run Forrest, run" - man I don't think you even slept! Without disrespect to Mignun and Seken, I was thrilled when I saw you'd won D2, and got that o/a top 10 as well. All your hard work paid off and more power to you buddy. Your T3 was on fire, I think my best was a .611 but my submission was a .718 so I was nowhere in comparison. Many many congratulations :bowdown:
:cheers:

Thank you Carlos!! :cheers: I was shocked when I saw the results. I knew I was close, because this ghost beat every lap I threw at it. And yes, I did run over 1,000 laps this week!! :crazy: I needed every one, though. My leaderboard was full of 1'19.0xx, and I didn't get this time until 3:00 yesterday afternoon!! :boggled:
Plato, you called it earlier when you said the leaderboard would prove to be deceptive this week. My best t2 was 51.270, yet the lap I needed was a full tenth and a half behind that. Thank you for the set-up and the props! :cheers:

Perhaps most important is that I learned a ton about tuning, and the HUGE difference between GT mode and on-line. They are night and day.

Yes, I had a feeling I was not the only one struggling in T3 and realized that even if you were running low 51.4s you stood a good chance of moving up the leaderboards with a good T3. I was 11th on the split board before the results came out, but knew I had a good chance of moving up the board because I had a pretty solid T3, ( 27.405 ) I think. It amazed me how much time there was in that sector alone if you nailed it.

The amount of 51.2s I had only to see my ghost wave on the way past down to the last corner was very frustrating. :crazy:

Again congrats on your Div2 podium win, truly deserved with all your effort this week 👍

Oh the humiliation. Not only beaten by the Gute again, I am also last in D1 for the first time. ;)
Well I put in almost 3x your mileage and most of my progress came after 750km. Put it this way, at 400km I think my best lap was 19.3 or 19.4. :sly:

**Comments Not in English Removed by Moderator - Please make all of your posts in English**

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I had a feeling I was not the only one struggling in T3 and realized that even if you were running low 51.4s you stood a good chance of moving up the leaderboards with a good T3. I was 11th on the split board before the results came out, but knew I had a good chance of moving up the board because I had a pretty solid T3, ( 27.405 ) I think. It amazed me how much time there was in that sector alone if you nailed it.

The amount of 51.2s I had only to see my ghost wave on the way past down to the last corner was very frustrating. :crazy:

Again congrats on your Div2 podium win, truly deserved with all your effort this week 👍
I ran a 27.446 I believe, didn't expect anyone to pass me there, nice finish. 👍
Despite seeing another tenth, Zoky's 51.2xx is fantastic. :crazy:

Well I put in almost 3x your mileage and most of my progress came after 750km. Put it this way, at 400km I think my best lap was 19.3 or 19.4. :sly:

**Comments Not in English Removed by Moderator - Please make all of your posts in English**

Please make sure you are following our AUP. The very first bullet states that all posts must be in English.

I understand the comment was directed at your countryman, but all posts need to be understandable for our membership and moderating staff.

Back