GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 20 : BEC at Suzuka

Mixture of Vengeance's and Sid's setup got me
T1+T2 = +0.2sec
Laptime = -0.2sec
I made up 0.4 seconds in T3 so there are some tenths of a second out there for me.
I just have got to find them :D

found some tenths again
T1: 1'00.373
T2: 0'50.361

I hope to find some more ;)

Top Speed: 250Km/Hr
LSD: 25/14/16
Camber: 1.5/1.0
Toe: -0.25/-0.10
Ride height: -20/-15
Springs: 10.5/8.5
Dampers out: 6/5
In: 3/3
Anti Roll: 4/4
BB: 7/4

Last edited:
Improved sleightly, last sector was a bit less I think I got kinda :scared:.

T1: 59.790
T2: 49.913

So yeah should be some time left :cheers:.

First splits this week:

T1: 1'01.488
T2: 50.917

Wish I could lean this rig over like a bike!

Havent done a WRS in a while, but this combo looked too fun to pass up.

T1: 1'00.657
T2: 50.483

I only things I've messed around with are the height and suspension. I have to try some of the other setups people are using. might shave a few tenths.

----------

Used Hydro's settings a couple pages back and worked like a charm. Really quickened the two right-handers at the end of T1.

T1: 1'00.467
T2: 50.327

Last edited:
Improved sleightly, last sector was a bit less I think I got kinda :scared:.

T1: 59.790
T2: 49.913

So yeah should be some time left :cheers:.
Somebody's been eating his Wheaties! :D

I know I'm in the 1:50.5xx right now, ran about 60 miles, should get some time in the near future though.

New splits.

EDIT: New splits. That is me done with this combo. Thanks to Chris who's setup I used and Kevin for the gearbox.

Last edited:
Can't see anybody beating you Rutter with those splits, unless there's a rush of D1 gold entrants...that's not to disrespect anybody else either, it's just that I think you've hit a real Alien-level of splits there!

@Jon (Carlos) - Cheers, best T2 by about .150 - not entirely sure why, I got a nice exit from Degner 2 and I didn't think I got the tight hairpin entirely perfect - but both parts of Spoon were nice - I also (I think) nailed 130R and had a reasonable end to the lap - I've run about 50-60 laps perhaps and I'd expect after that many laps to have a 'quick' lap which is maybe a tenth or two better than my 2nd best 'quick' lap...for some reason this week, it's 7 tenths.... for that reason I get the impression I'm going to struggle!

Can't seem to hit descent T1 anymore :( did shave off 0.150 at the line.

T1: 59.838
T2: 49.848 Spoon was really sexy :lol:

Better T2 then Rutter hihihi, jk nice time 👍.

Made some small tweaks to the setup, and have these to show for it. Mainly messed with Camber, Toe and a little bit with the gears, just to allow me to keep it in the power and shift at about 10,500, which seems to work the best.

RH -5/-20
Springs 6.0/15.5
Damp Ext 3/10
Damp Comp 3/10
ARB 6/7
Camber 2.3/1.0
Toe 0/-0.12

LSD 9/35/20

Brakes 8/2

Gears

5327 Final

Top speed in top box = 154 MPH. Shifting at 10,500.

New Splits -

1:00.465

T1: 1'00.544
t2: 50.204

Can probably loose another .300 combined but I've ran out of time. :(

Thanks for the tune Vagabond.

Last edited:
Finally found a better line through a couple of my troublesome spots and left a bit on the table due to some mediocre execution. Can shave maybe 2 tenths on each sector (at my skill level) if I hit my marks better with this setup.

T1: 1'01.108
T2 50.727

At least now I have a hope... last night I was ready to :banghead: getting passed by my own ghost every single lap 3/4 way thru T1 and then messing up T2 badly trying too hard to make up the gap.

Going to give Kevin's setup a run after a few more tries to squeeze out those tenths...

Gotta pass Gravitron on the leader board (or rely on my T3) :D

Pff, haven't had much time all week. Maybe I'll get some laps in tomorrow but it will probably be a slow one if I get a good one.

T1: 1'01.347
T2: 51.177

Slower T1, but better finish.
Barely.

Last edited:
Gotta pass Gravitron on the leader board (or rely on my T3) :D

I'm considering submitting early because my current best lap is so beautiful to watch. Not too fast, but it looks like I had tons of fun, and no close-calls.

Kind of ironic, since with Monday as a holiday, this is one of the rare occasions where I'd be able to run up to the deadline. :dunce:

BTW, my T3 is better than yours. :sly: j/k

Working on next week's WRS, so had a chance to upload these as well. From this morning's session, I had a 360 degree spin at 130R, 100% clean and fully recovered for exit into Casio and onto the next lap.

Enjoy ;)

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

EDK
Working on next week's WRS, so had a chance to upload these as well. From this morning's session, I had a 360 degree spin at 130R, 100% clean and fully recovered for exit into Casio and onto the next lap.

Enjoy ;)

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

I'm also very good at spinning off.

Been a long time coming, but here are my first submitted splits since week one!

T1: 1'02.065
T2: 0'50.783

And ive submitted my lap as well.

Last edited:
EDK

Enjoy ;)

Lol Kev, great fun and nice recovery :D

I'm going to give this combo one more shot and then submit my laptime. I don't think I can get much more out of the car but I'll try my best.

Nice recovery from the high speed 360 Kev.

Didn't think I could improve. Good thing I put more laps in.

New splits
T1: 1'01.088
T2: 51'017

Last edited:
Finally managed to nail a lap where all three sectors are good. Will be submitting this lap - good luck to those still chasing a time. I found this week particularly difficult :crazy:

1'00.268

:cheers:

I'll have another small crack at this one this evening and then I think I'm going to move on to 'Mini Me'.

Haven't yet pulled off all 3 nice and clean sectors.:banghead:

Slower first 2 sectors but faster lap time so I'll take it.

T1: 1'01.068
T2: 50.639

----------

I take it back. I am finally satisfied with my run. I think I've gone as fast as I am capable of at this point.

T1: 1'00.856
T2: 50.539

Last edited:
I'm considering submitting early because my current best lap is so beautiful to watch. Not too fast, but it looks like I had tons of fun, and no close-calls.

Kind of ironic, since with Monday as a holiday, this is one of the rare occasions where I'd be able to run up to the deadline. :dunce:

BTW, my T3 is better than yours. :sly: j/k

I'm just about out of time on this combo too and haven't tried Kevin's tune yet... I will try to get one session in with that, but not sure... I might be done and we'll battle it out in T3!

Mid-D3 looks pretty tight so far (4-7 separated by a tenth).

Would be fun to do a real live shootout race on this this combo after working on it all week... would put a different twist on it with a little more weight on consistency/safety versus pushing the envelope. I think in a race I'd opt for Lefty's setup as it's very stable and consistent... just not as loose/fast as Chris' for me at least.

Maybe at some point we should organize an "informal" race on the combo within a couple days after the close of the submission time to see how we could put all the week's learning to use. I'm sure the admins already have their handful so not asking for any organized event or work from them... just an ad hoc race (even a private/lounge one) if anyone would be interested.

New splits from today's session.

1:00.279

Still running, looking to get faster. I can see some more in T1, and T2 is not consistent for me. My best runs through Spoon have involved some degree of luck.

Would be fun to do a real live shootout race on this this combo after working on it all week... would put a different twist on it with a little more weight on consistency/safety versus pushing the envelope. I think in a race I'd opt for Lefty's setup as it's very stable and consistent... just not as loose/fast as Chris' for me at least.

Maybe at some point we should organize an "informal" race on the combo within a couple days after the close of the submission time to see how we could put all the week's learning to use. I'm sure the admins already have their handful so not asking for any organized event or work from them... just an ad hoc race (even a private/lounge one) if anyone would be interested.

Have you seen Philip's (drandad) thread? I think it's exactly what you're talking about. I haven't had time to do anything with it yet, but would love to.

GTP_IDOR thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194794

BTW, Mini Me is calling to me, so I think I'm done with Suzuka. 👍

Back