GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 20 : BEC at Suzuka

Thanks for the tunes guys 👍

Will definately try some out tonight. I tried teecro's tune yesterday but improved only marginally, but that's probably just my lack of skill :D

I want to enter the 1.00.x's tonight. With 1.01.2 being my best so far..

Amazing skills, as always, Speedy.

Those are helpful, thank you. 👍

I guess these are the dirty area's

Confirmed. These are all dirty.

I thought it was clear in the opening post. But for those who didn't quite understand it, these images clearly show what is considered dirty. Thanks Speedy.

Confirmed. These are all dirty.

I thought it was clear in the opening post. But for those who didn't quite understand it, these images clearly show what is considered dirty. Thanks Speedy.

It was indeed very clear in the first post Joost.
But as there are some new people competing here I just want to make them a clear picture of some areas. Especially the run off areas, like the one under the bridge.
I surely don't want to correct you Joost, as you are doing a great job. 👍

My first attempt. Doesn't help that my gas pedal isn't working 100%. Haven't messed with the tuning much.

T1: 1'01.806
T2: 51'990

Edit: That was rather inconvenient to have the game freeze on me, but at least I wasn't on a faster lap at the time.

Last edited:
My Square button (brake) on my controller has been playing up 👎 Weeks of abuse is taking its toll. May have to re map to L2 or something, that will take some getting used to :grumpy:

And it froze up again. Something about the ghost car and Suzuka just don't go together. :grumpy:

There is a ghost car bug. If it freezes when the ghost crosses the line it will do it every time with that ghost replay. You have two options, use another ghost replay or turn it off, otherwise it'll keep on crashing. I had this again last week, I'm still not sure on what's causing it though.

This ghost bug is great!!
I hate the ghost :grumpy:, mostly it's because I'm hanging right behind it and can't see the track very clear anymore.:sly:
I even get out of the track to the main menu and load it again to get rid of the ghost.

Speedy6543
This ghost bug is great!!
I hate the ghost :grumpy:, mostly it's because I'm hanging right behind it and can't see the track very clear anymore.:sly:
I even get out of the track to the main menu and load it again to get rid of the ghost.

You can press 'up' on the d-pad to turn the ghost off as well, that way you don't need to quit the race :)

Vagabond
Welcome back Kev... seems your holiday has made you either brave or mad :P - that setup is crazy :scared: 👍

Yes welcome back Kev, I'd say it's quite normal compared to my one though :sly:

Trans 250kph
LSD 25/14/16
RH -20/+30
SP 6.2/3.0
Ext 4/1
Comp 4/1
Roll 3/1

Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.16/+0.20
BB 7/2

1'00.450

Butchered the chicane onto the strait by about 0.4 so need to fix that up.

I think I'm done for the week on this one. I hit a point were when I try to improve I slide off and have to start over, I'm sure I'm not alone here. This combo is making me crazy. It's an interesting combo for sure, but the combo of hard tires, throttle off oversteer and very technical track is pushing my limited skills to the max. I can't take it any more!!:sly:

I did learn something though, Joost gave me a tip about applying a bit of throttle while on the brakes entering a corner (especially turn 1) that did work, thanks Joost.👍 Being smooth on the controls helps too, not one of my strong suits. Hopefully I can carry over some of this to all my sim. racing.

Here's my final splits-

T1, 1:02.556
T2, 0:51.178

New splits.

T1: 1'01.478
T2: 51.498

Decided to try a lap with the controller just to see what I could shoot for with the wheel. Then I turned my wheel back on and beat that lap. :D

New splits.

T1: 1'01.220
T2: 51.071

Fetchbot.. I used my wheel for the times I've posted.

Last edited:
Good greif this things hard to get right. Messed up 130R so dropped a bit in the final sector, but was .4 up at the line so can't complain

1'00.287

I was just reviewing my replay and have a question (picture) for you guys to look at. I think this is ok but not sure. Part of the left front tire is on the grass and part on the rubble strip. I don't believe the whole tire was on the grass at any time.

I was hopefully going to submit this lap, what do you guys think.

picture.php

The picture is clean to me Mille, even if the tyre was half on the grass it still is clean, I think.
As long as the tyre hits rubble, it's clean
Nice smoky picture by the way 👍

As long as two tires are in contact with the rumble strip it would be considered clean, even if they are both touching some grass. The entire tire doesn't need to be on the rumble strip.

Trans 250kph
LSD 25/14/16
RH -20/+30
SP 6.2/3.0
Ext 4/1
Comp 4/1
Roll 3/1

Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.16/+0.20
BB 7/2

I'm going to try your setup this evening Sid.
It looks promissing, I hope it works for me

The picture is clean to me Mille, even if the tyre was half on the grass it still is clean, I think.
As long as the tyre hits rubble, it's clean
Nice smoky picture by the way 👍

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll use this lap then.

They could of named this-WRS Week 20, Drifting The BEC at Suzuka.:)

Splits after today's 1hr 30min session.

Think .6 first sector is possible. Need to work on spoon, then again I've always been weak there.

I tweaked Littles car to reflect Sids setup and then allowed it to be borrowed so I can have a comparison against my setup. They are so opposite it will be interesting :)

EDK
:

The other thing I would suggest is to try the gears if you haven't, and make sure you shift right at redline, do not go above redline and towards the limiter. There's a considerable dropoff in power toward the redline, and toque peaks long before you're even in the powerband. This is a bike engine, after all.

Cool, I'll try your gear settings when I get in tonight.

I did take the car onto the Top Gear Test Track to get used to it on a wide track (crazy fun!!:sly:), and found that it shifts best just (barely) past 10,000 - and just shy of redline. Power really does drop off fast.

Just checked the leaderboard (didn't know it existed before this event). Top 7 separated by 0.191! WOW!!
Holy are you guys fast.:bowdown:
Seriously....

1:00.616

Still don't get T1. Been under .8 only twice. Best T1 and best T2 in the same lap tho so I can't whinge that much.

Peter (sidplayos) setup 👍

I won't be doing any more this week. My cat chewed through my wire connecting the pedals to the wheel. Tried to wire it back but it's not working properly, and Logitech doesn't support the G27 with any parts except the adapter. So, I will be down till it's back working properly.

Back