GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 21 : Mini Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 223 comments
D3 crew - the battle has been immense this week and you've all put in some serious hours, but if you want to see dedication for a WRS event, you still have some way to go to catch Mr all or nothing, Chukabilly and his efforts in week 15 :crazy:

Holy mother of $#@. If this was a practice combo and not an arcade I could see how many miles I logged this week, but no way did I do 4,200+ laps @0.8 miles per lap. My wife is going to have to go away on vacation with the kids and leave me home for that to happen... oh wait, she's doing that in August :sly:

I just submitted with the following splits, again first splits for the week.
The 3 laps are all over the board, but here was my best of the day/week and the best of the 3 submitted laps.

A tricky one I'm glad to have only tried sparingly.

Good luck to all!

Nice, Kenny! 👍

Another one joins the low 42's club.

Say hi to Chuk for us, tell him we're talking 🤬 about him. :lol:

Darn slow day at work, makes the waiting for midnight GMT even harder. :nervous:

@Tim: I've got my std dev's calculated, and am excited to see how they stack up! Good idea!

It's been a while I was this excited to see the results, it's all so close.

Gonna go sleep now and check in after work and hope for the best :gtpflag:

@Tim: I've got my std dev's calculated, and am excited to see how they stack up! Good idea!

Cool. It wasn't slow at work for me, but I still blew away some time writing some notes about my approach to the combo -- Kevin style -- without his expertise unfortunately. I'll post to the results thread and I'm curious to see how the other D3 drivers' approach (including yours of course) may have differed/overlapped and of course how the D1/D2 drivers went about it differently to get their amazing lap times -- or whether it was just a matter of execution.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to GTP_CHUK? Sounds like a very interesting/funny guy and I laughed a few times reading a few of his posts. Maybe burnout after running 3,000+ mi/week?

If you don't mind me asking, what happened to GTP_CHUK? Sounds like a very interesting/funny guy and I laughed a few times reading a few of his posts. Maybe burnout after running 3,000+ mi/week?

Pretty much it I think - I believe he has his own restaurant as well so time may be difficult to come by. Kenny and Jake live near him so can provide more info... He's a great guy though and it's a shame he can't get on here more often.

Pretty much it I think - I believe he has his own restaurant as well so time may be difficult to come by. Kenny and Jake live near him so can provide more info... He's a great guy though and it's a shame he can't get on here more often.

Last I saw him on here was this post, about a month ago, where he responded to me that he'd be back as soon as he could.

Having similar tenacity in WRS in 2007 and 2011, I'd guess he's not burnt out. Probably just dealing with Real Life. Man's gotta do wut a man's gotta do.

Sounds like the Results thread is going to be a hoot! 👍

A couple of hours tonight yielded a slight improvement. Submitted this

No PB splits in any of these laps, just more consistency. Good luck to all.

Made a last effort this night but was so far of pace that wasn´t even funny :crazy:

From last night

T1: 14.915
T2: 17.166
T3: 10.141

This is the first week i tried braking with the left foot, so just for that is a great week to me :)

Best of luck to all, can´t wait for the results :cheers:

I was afraid of that...... great run everyone.

congrats to Pool and WRP, fun run..... so close. I knew it would take a high 2'06 to win it..... just couldn't put it together..... on to next week. :-)

sorry Gravitron.... I threw some rocks on the track in turn 1 on your final lap...

Back