GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 21 : Mini Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 223 comments
Kristof, you've been watching too much F1. Come back here! :lol:

Nice flippin' splits, top ten. 👍

Kristof, holy cow! Way to represent D3. I'll be happy to end up knocking out a 42.3 and you just blew the doors off that. Competition for the D3 podium is fierce this week.

Thx Tim, it's only a short lap so hopefully my 3 laps are consistent enough.
Hope this motivates you guys to give it all you've got, although I would like a first D3 gold :P

T1: 15.391
T2: 17.604
T3: 10.255

:sly: Backing down the board again, but better three-lap overall. Taking what the G27 will give me at this point, but checking the faulty wire section-by-section! :)

Another day, another tenth:

T1: 14.972
T2: 17.227
T3: 10.107

Now I need to find more consistency.

First splits with the wheel (new best lap included, and new best cumulative too!):

The other 2 laps were crap, so this ain't as good as it looks. 👎

This was using BB 0/6, ABS 1.

This combo is so fun, it's great to see all the D3'ers climbing the ladder! 👍

This combo is so fun, it's great to see all the D3'ers climbing the ladder! 👍

Arghh... before this is over it may take a 42.1 to win D3. Didn't see that coming. Kristof, you may have to get back in the seat if you want that gold :)

Try the Lightning Blue car. It's the fastest. :lol:

Awaiting someone to refute this by saying British Racing Green is obviously the fastest...

Try the Lightning Blue car. It's the fastest. :lol:

Awaiting someone to refute this by saying British Racing Green is obviously the fastest...

Ummm.....
No, British Racing Green is! Instantly adds 10 horsepower.
Wait maybe the lightning blue adds 20 horsepower since I've been passed by fellow D3-ers on the leaderboard.:(

Jon... You know you can ask for a demotion and (re)join our rocking D3 ranks...Right?
Just kidding...:lol:

Let's just mark this space and time, I've never been within a tenth of Carlos Fandango! Till now!

P.S. Where's Chuk, dangit! This is one of those combo's that he'd KILL!

Going to take a hit on the leader board for improved consistency and a better overall time:

T1: 15.091
T2: 17.156
T3: 10.117

Gravitron/teecro -- I switched approach to turn 2, no longer downshifting into 2nd as you guys mentioned, and it definitely helps... Usually I lose a bit on T1 compared to a downshift, but make up for it with more momentum heading into T2. The one time I got out of T1 with a 14.99X with the new approach I ended up running a 42.26x lap which is my personal best. Need to get that time into one of my 3 hot laps tomorrow.

Last edited:
T1: 15.266
T2: 17.633
T3: 10.278

Might be my last run [but you never know. :)] since my overall decreased again.

I finally located the short in my G27 wire and fixed it....but I'm not gonna tell the wife since she said, "get a new wheel.":sly:

Missy, the cat, has been banned from the........
mancaveentrance.jpg
!
wtfcatd.jpg

Nice lap Lucas!

Lightning blue is fast indeed 👍
Or did I drive the other blue one? :dopey:

Sorry I'm a little late to the party!

T1: 14.856
T2: 17.109
T3: 10.085

Wanted to find a better line in T2 so I could get below 42 but it was not to be. :)

Submitted.
Perfection (alien like) got he better of me this week.
I am happy with what i put in though.
I hope it's good enough.
Good luck all.
Cheers All !!!

T1: 14.882
t2: 17.160
t3: 10.122

T1: 14.909
T2: 17.146
T3: 10.079

Last edited:
OK, my turn at the top of D3:

T1: 14.990
T2: 17.115
T3: 10.121

It will come down to consistency for the D3 podium... I definitely hung on for dear life on the final lap, but still managed a best total time.

Going to take a hit on the leader board for improved consistency and a better overall time:

Same here, Tim, and my best-lap splits are soooo close to yours!
A good tenth-and-a-half better overall.

I think I'm done and am headed to Fuji. Good luck everyone, it's going to be interesting!

EDIT: Didn't see WRP's latest splits, so maybe I'm not done yet... HMMM.

Jesus Tim, two thousanths of a second quicker than Lucas :crazy:

Third again :ouch:

:D

I think I'm done and am headed to Fuji. Good luck everyone, it's going to be interesting!

EDIT: Didn't see WRP's latest splits, so maybe I'm not done yet... HMMM.

Let's call a truce :nervous: I think I'm getting pains in my arms from doing the same turns over and over and over. Fuji waits.

EDK
You are not kidding. My little secret is that the idea for this combo was not entirely original. ;)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99492

Chuk went absolutely ape**** with that one, enjoy the read.

And here are the results -

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99695

Thanks for posting, Kevin. I have often wanted to drift around the archives but just don't have the time. Thanks for pointing out some of your "back to the future" mind-travel experiences.

chuk1.jpg

I knew there was some thread vociferous action missing from the combos of late.

chuk2.jpg

Wish I had time to peruse all the posts, but I did get some Chuk-les from reading some of them. :lol:

Besides both being in the U.S. Eastern time zone, I also have something else in common with Chuk.....

6a00d8349716ef53ef013489685c28970c-50wi

Reserve in the mini bar.

Submitting times posted! May everybody's position dreams come true!

:cheers:

Didn't get much chance to run over the weekend, but just had a quick go now and I think it's going to take me a while to get into the zone I was in on Friday night. As a consequence, I think I'm going to call it quits there. Am very happy with my first and second laps, but my third is poor so I expect to drop down the leaderboard in 24hrs time when the results are published.

Good luck to those still running :cheers:

Back