GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 29 : Rally de Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 250 comments
@Seismica - Great splits!

Submitted my time, didn't run anymore - probably only half a tenth left in there so would have been quite difficult to improve - happy with my time, we'll see how it stacks up.

All the best to those still running.

T1: 18.705
T2: 22.438

My last effort and I even tried to shift but couldn't beat my A/T effort :)

T1: 18.628
T2: 22.276

and now submitting and ready to swim in the wayback machine and pull my Fn hair out trying to get that evil crazy rearend roaster to track out of the turns on the Eigerrrrrrr :)

For some reason I lost the handle on T3 and can't get it back. My submitted lap has a "good" T3, but not "great" and I have agree with Seismica that the board will get mixed up a bit in the end.

Time to move on. Good Luck.

I think i'll be one of the fall guys. If my previous T3 times are any indication, my submitted time will drop me down by 1-2 places. A D1 podium is optimistic considering I lost over a tenth in T3 and i'm only up on Plato by a couple of thousandths at the T2 split.

@Seismica - Great splits!

Submitted my time, didn't run anymore - probably only half a tenth left in there so would have been quite difficult to improve - happy with my time, we'll see how it stacks up.

All the best to those still running.

Cheers 👍 I think your overall time might just edge mine, depending on your T3. I've had lots of attempts but i'm having trouble matching my T2 split time, so at that point the final sector kind of becomes irrelevant as any gains I make is offset by time I lost earlier in the lap.

Time submitted :) Once again I think a podium is just out of reach, but i'm getting closer.

New splits:

I screwed up the last corner and as a result I was only 0.06 up at the line compared to my previous best despite being 2 tenths up on my T2 split. I still have another tenth to find but if not i'm happy to submit the time I have now.

I feel that there is no perfect T1s on the board (.19x may be possible, but most people are in the .3s) so it just goes to show how difficult it is to hook up a perfect lap here.

Fantastic T1 👍

I can't see me beating my time before the deadline, so hard to put everything together, looks to be a good fight for a podium this week though. Good luck 👍

Fantastic T1 👍

I can't see me beating my time before the deadline, so hard to put everything together, looks to be a good fight for a podium this week though. Good luck 👍

Nah you've definitely got it, I really messed up the final turn, but now i've ran out of time (I refrain from using my wheel later in the evenings, the table isn't that sturdy so it makes a lot of noise). My problem was I ran out wide for about 30 laps straight to hit 96-97mph over the line. So when I got a good T2 split I forgot the fastest way through T3 :dopey: I went out wide but then remembered I needed to hit the apex so I turned in too sharply and it put me into a slide, lost me at least .14x which is pretty significant on this track.

Submitting my yesterday splits. I don't think will be able to spend more than 2h/week, and realized it isn't enough to compete with Div2 contenders, especially when tuning makes the difference ^_^

Good luck with final standings :cheers:

Submitting my yesterday splits. I don't think will be able to spend more than 2h/week, and realized it isn't enough to compete with Div2 contenders, especially when tuning makes the difference ^_^

What tuning?

I think I'm going to call it a day, it's not fun anymore, just frustrating. Down .1 in both T1 and T2 from my usual, but I found my .1 in T3, so submitting with these splits:

Have a look to week 30 specs. You need tuning.

And also, I don't think faster people on the board don't modify brake balance and strenght, which is brake tuning for me.

I also don´t know how to tune so i just use one posted by someone, and you will see that a lot of us does just that. The great thing about WRS is there is always someone willing to help.
On week 30, for example, a lot o people is already using Chris tune (Vagabond).
As for brake tune, it´s the same thing, a lot of people, as myself followed Dan´s advice.
If you see here that´s an advice from a very fast driver :sly::crazy:

Great T1 Seismica 👍

Submitting with:

T1: 18.319
T2: 22.160 :yuck:

Good luck to all :cheers:

One thousandth of a second Joao!!! All down to T3 :nervous:

@Duck - there are plenty of people that spend about 2-3hrs a week on an event (me included)

Final runs found a bit of time.
Oddly, T2 became more consistent than T1.

Now for the weekly photo finish...
:cheers: Everyone

Well at least I managed to hit the top of the splits leaderboard

T1 18.307
T2 21.936

Terrible last corner half a tenth off previous which will probably be costly knowing a certain Mr Webber :ouch::sly:

I also don´t know how to tune so i just use one posted by someone, and you will see that a lot of us does just that. The great thing about WRS is there is always someone willing to help.
On week 30, for example, a lot o people is already using Chris tune (Vagabond).
As for brake tune, it´s the same thing, a lot of people, as myself followed Dan´s advice.
If you see here that´s an advice from a very fast driver :sly::crazy:

The fact that fast people share setups / tricks is very nice, and indeed WRS community is a nice place for this too. Biggest handicap for me is time, and the fact you have to adapt to other hands setups. Just realized my qualifying is overrated: 2 hours were enough with the SLS, but aren't for terrible handling cars ;)

Final runs found a bit of time.
Oddly, T2 became more consistent than T1.

Now for the weekly photo finish...
:cheers: Everyone
Nice T2 Hydro! And like you, I've started to notice being able to get constant 22.0-22.1 in T2, but for some reason I started to screw up T1 over and over.

Weird stuff lol.

Duck, I found that I learnt a lot of some of the finer points of on the limit driving by competing in the WRS events for the last 6 months, despite running GT4 for several years.

Adapting others set-ups isn't too hard, the difficult bit is understanding what you want the set-up to achieve before you start making changes.

Give yourself a few events to settle in and then you'll be flying 👍

The fact that fast people share setups / tricks is very nice, and indeed WRS community is a nice place for this too. Biggest handicap for me is time, and the fact you have to adapt to other hands setups. Just realized my qualifying is overrated: 2 hours were enough with the SLS, but aren't for terrible handling cars ;)

I felt like I had overqualified. At first I was running 0.5-1 second down on the top D1 drivers. I qualified at the top end of D1 Bronze so I was wondering what was happening. The simple answer was I wasn't putting enough effort in.

The problem with the Qualifier is people can't share hints and split times. Naturally, you will do your best but if you know how well the competition is doing you will try that little bit harder to better yourself, which is why it's so tough in the WRS.

At the end of the day you are capable of the times the other D2 gold drivers are doing as your qualifying time indicates. You just have to try a little harder. Also, it is your first week of the WRS right? I've found that certain combinations are easier for me than others. The D2 competitors this week are lighting fast and closer to the lead than they usually are. It took me 4 hours this afternoon to shave 2 tenths off my split time, just because I wanted to be amongst the other D1 drivers.

As the weeks go on you will get better at adapting to new car/track combinations. But with all honesty 2 hours is probably not enough time to find your limit even on a track you are very familiar with.

I have posted my splits for my current time, but I get so close to the wall on the exit of the double left that it is making me think about not submitting that one as it will be hard for people to judge because they won't be able to see properly down the right hand side of the car. I haven't submitted this lap but have submitted an older one that is 1 thousandth slower. Do I have to post the one that I last put splits up for, or can I submit with the older time?

Forget it i'm positive it's clean so submitting with splits on board

Last edited:
HELP
i am having trouble submitting my times to fetchbot
what am i doing wrong?

to/WRSFetchBot
GTP_WRS week 29 submission

Time: x'xx.xxx

or the same with the splits aswell
Time:x'xx.xxx Split:x'xx.xxx Split:x'xx.xxx

PLEASE HELP(it my first week)

I have posted my splits for my current time, but I get so close to the wall on the exit of the double left that it is making me think about not submitting that one as it will be hard for people to judge because they won't be able to see properly down the right hand side of the car. I haven't submitted this lap but have submitted an older one that is 1 thousandth slower. Do I have to post the one that I last put splits up for, or can I submit with the older time?

Forget it i'm positive it's clean so submitting with splits on board

Plato, why don't you run the replay again but this time look at the datalogger. Expand out the resolution and check the speed trace at that point. Should be smooth. If it jumps a little, there's been a touch.

I seem to perform better under pressure of the deadline, I was like that all throughout my school years as well!

T1: 18.281
T2: 21.936

I seem to perform better under pressure of the deadline, I was like that all throughout my school years as well!

Haha same(though I'm still in school lol)! Decent lap, though T3 was terrible I think I'm done.

T1: 18.386
T2: 22.114

Back