GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 29 : Rally de Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 250 comments
Automatic users seem to have a bigger disadvantage on this time trial, with the ideal time to shift at around 7000 rpm and the automatic transmission shifting at around 8000 rpm.

EDK
It IS fun online, though.

Were you guys using the same SS/SH tires? Were your laptimes at all close to what you could do in Arcade/TimeTrial mode? Just curious, as I've done hardly any racing in online mode, but hope to change that real-soon-now. 👍

EDIT: Very good point, Im_Lukas, short shifting helps a lot here.

FR sent to both of your accounts Plato.
Thanks to the other guys for the tips too, don't usually beg for help but this one is killing me!!
Would be nice to get a few GTPers on the friend list to race with occasionally also.

Thought id give it a go. Not a great last turn but this lap was way better than previous 20....Short but tough and this car is pants!! :-)

FR sent to both of your accounts Plato.
Thanks to the other guys for the tips too, don't usually beg for help but this one is killing me!!
Would be nice to get a few GTPers on the friend list to race with occasionally also.

Will add you on my other account soon, I use that one for racing as I have most of the cars and upgrades on there:tup:

Thanks for that Plato, with yours and the other guys advice just got
T1: 18.622
T2: 22.660
to get myself on the board, not sure where to set my goal at for this one, oh well, back to the drawing board!!

Thanks for that Plato, with yours and the other guys advice just got
T1: 18.622
T2: 22.660
to get myself on the board, not sure where to set my goal at for this one, oh well, back to the drawing board!!

No problem, now how about somebody give me some advice on how to beat Holland, Any ideas? Who knows, he might of walked around the last corner :lol: but I highly doubt it :sly:

Thought id give it a go. Not a great last turn but this lap was way better than previous 20....Short but tough and this car is pants!! :-)

Well that's just rude :sly:

Last edited:
I can't get the double-left right so I'm giving up on this.
T1 is very easy, 18.6xx is what I was getting quite easily - but I could never do the T2 right.
After 2h I gave up.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Last edited:
Updated splits
T1: 18.441
T2: 22.553

Found slight improvement in stability by adjusting brake bias from 7/5 for turn 1 to 7/2 for the double left and back to 7/5 for the final turn, also found adjusting torque split from 50/50 for the double left and 40/60 for the rest of the track, although unable to switch both torque split and BB between turns.

Last edited:
After 10 laps I am done.
Horrible T1 and T3 but amazing T2.
Can't be bothered anymore, I'm submitting.

T1: 18.804
T2: 22.303

:( because I could've done at least 0.5 better.
I don't know if I'll have time tomorrow...

Anyways, I'll submit (even though I did horrible).

Last edited:
I've heard of people that velcro the DS3 to the center of the wheel, I haven't personaly tried it yet but its a thought. :D

I mapped mine with a soldering iron :sly: Works a treat 👍

Just having a quick read of the posts before I jump into my first session. Reading all of the tips to catch up to you guys this week.

Finally got some time to revisit this one.
I must be honest, I haven't a clue how anyone is running consistent laps.
If I finish one lap in 40 attempts, it's a good outing miracle.
T1 is not the problem, as ~.500 is normal, but T2? I'm lucky if I've made it through 5 times all week :banghead:
Is anyone using ABS (always 1 for me) or ASM, or well, anything for that matter that can keep the car inline for more than 20 feet under braking?
Really lost on this one.

From my 1 lucky (and only clean) lap.

50/50. 7/5 bb, ABS 1

Is anyone using ABS (always 1 for me) or ASM, or well, anything for that matter that can keep the car inline for more than 20 feet under braking?
Really lost on this one.
50/50. 7/5 bb, ABS 1

I tried ASM, but even with ABS1 it slowed the car too much.

Some questions from wrs noob.
Is right to tune the brake balance in this event? In arcade mode it only can be done with 'ontrack' menu, correct? What's that 50/50: ballast?

Were you guys using the same SS/SH tires?
This. I triple checked OP before starting.

New splits:

T1: 18.325
T2: 22.200

T3 was decent, but not great. I think there is a tenth left on the track for me, but not sure I'm going to put in any more work to get it. And to think I almost didn't run this week.

I tried ASM, but even with ABS1 it slowed the car too much.

Some questions from wrs noob.
Is right to tune the brake balance in this event? In arcade mode it only can be done with 'ontrack' menu, correct? What's that 50/50: ballast?

This. I triple checked OP before starting.

Not sure I ever used ASM before, you aren't kidding, it really slows the car down.

You can tune the brake balance using the in race (RA) adjustments. 50/50 means 50% Front / 50% Rear Torque distribution for 4wd cars, and the 7/5 'bb" means brake balance. 👍

From OP:
Transmission: Optional
Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'

Tyre Type: Sports Soft Front/ Sports Hard Rear

Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
Mechanical Damage: Optional
Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

New splits:

T1: 18.325
T2: 22.200

T3 was decent, but not great. I think there is a tenth left on the track for me, but not sure I'm going to put in any more work to get it. And to think I almost didn't run this week.

Showin' off to the new guys eh? :lol:
Great splits Tim 👍

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I haven't enjoyed this week, I've been quite consistant, just consistantly slow thats all!!
Not actually had too many laps written off so I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not pushing hard enough, very slightly improved splits from last night, may have to submit with these:
T1: 18.547
T2: 22.395

Can I ask how much time you guys have given this weeks combo? I've managed about three and a half maybe four hours max but honestly can't see my times falling by throwing more time at it.

Jeez, Marc and Jon passed me up, and Tim moved farther into the sunset.
Nice times, dudes. 👍

Luckily I switched back to the wheel and did a little better myself. I think I might have come close to matching Tim's sweet T2 on a dirty lap, so I look forward to MOAR...later.

Reasonably content with this lap. Already looking forward to next week!!!

Last edited:
Also waiting for next week combo, as i lost the touch on T2 now that i manage to get the 18.3x on T1 :crazy:

Fwiw Im using 6/2 BB, 50/50, Abs 1, tcs 0 & Strong active steering with the pad. Its still tough to go fast without skidding and lighting up them tyres... I found I was a tenth faster in t2 all the time with As on. Sector one and three it makes no difference.

Fwiw Im using 6/2 BB, 50/50, Abs 1, tcs 0 & Strong active steering with the pad. Its still tough to go fast without skidding and lighting up them tyres... I found I was a tenth faster in t2 all the time with As on. Sector one and three it makes no difference.

My first splits I posted was with AS on as at first I thought the car was hard to control in T2, this wasn't the case though, I was braking to late for the double left and that was the reason I was sliding. My latest run was with AS off and because I had found the braking point for that turn, there was not much difference between having it on or off.

The only difference I found to have it's advantages was the turn in response, the cars a bit looser which in my opinion makes the double left a bit easier if you're smooth on turn in 👍

New splits after an hour session: not my best T1 but happy with T2

Jeez, Marc and Jon passed me up, and Tim moved farther into the sunset.
Nice times, dudes. 👍

Luckily I switched back to the wheel and did a little better myself. I think I might have come close to matching Tim's sweet T2 on a dirty lap, so I look forward to MOAR...later.

Thanks Lucas 👍
Not sure I could do that again, almost tore the wheel off the stand I was holding it so tight in T2 :nervous:. Then I blew T3 because I'm not used to getting there cleanly (or at all :lol:).
Switched back to the wheel? I was going to switch to a DS3 due to suggestions earlier in the thread.
Press on...

Edit- had to google "MOAR" :lol:

Last edited:

Whew. Always seem to post my best time on cold tires. Wierd

Back