GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 29 : Rally de Madrid

• Thread starter EDK
  • 250 comments

Weeeee! :)

2nd best T1 and second best T2 with good last turn. Overall a great run. Doubt ill better this lap but will keep trying.

Wow I really fell off the pace since my first try Sunday, everyone is quick this week! I'm hoping I can connect my wheel for this one as I think control in T2 will be better and I'll be able to use RA functions without messing up my controller settings.

Get on it, T13R! 👍 T2 is the reason I spent so long on the DS3, because I can catch slides easier that way. I spin there way more often with the wheel, but you start to get the hang of not sliding at all, after a while.

T1 and T3 seem a bit easier with the wheel, now that I've spent adequate time with both input devices.

I'm out all day, but hope to get another try at this. :cheers: Good luck, guys. 👍

New splits

T1 18.330
T2 21.932

Not the best of last turns, it's not terrible but have had a better T3. Time in T1 and T3 to be had, but so hard to string it all together this week. Best T2 I have had all week.

Wow, seriously tight up top

I see the top 3 are sharing sectors this week, how thoughtful :sly:

Last edited:

Might give it one more try before the deadline to see if I can match a good T1, but I'm submitting with these splits for now.
Good luck everyone, have a great weekend :cheers:

A little better, was forced back to the DS3 for an hour or so:

Not done yet, I want a 18.3xx T1 and a 22.2xx T2!

---------------------

EDIT: Back to the wheel, and I shaved a little.

Last edited:
Submitting

Not happy with it but it's one of the few crashfree laps I have.

Going to submit with these splits, my main problem this week was diving into the last turn and just hoping for the best with no real technique.

I've submitted with the posted splits, after another go at this one today. This must have been the one WRS where I have been able to put in as much time as the qualifier, due to vacation. Bit of a pity that all those individual splits never matched up in that one single clean lap. But that's part of what makes these series great. :cheers:

T1: 18.437
T2: 22.327

T1 improved by .1 second. T2 .07 slower. T3 was also a bit better. I think that's it for me in my first WRS.

Anybody else having troubles submitting there time to fetchy? I have tried twice and both have been rejected. Not sure if I am doing it wrong as it's a short track this week.

Slightly slower splits but better last corner.. Overall time is nearly 3 tenths quicker..Need to be in the 18.4s or below in T1 but can quite manage it yet, my best is a 18.520.. My best overall time I could achieve in both sectors is around the 40.7 if I get both sectors spot on that is...

Anybody else having troubles submitting there time to fetchy? I have tried twice and both have been rejected. Not sure if I am doing it wrong as it's a short track this week.
No trouble with my submission. Make sure to maintain the correct format:

Time: x'xx.xxx

So if your time is under one minute, it should be something like:

Time: 0'xx.xxx

edited the example times away, fetchbot got a bit confused by them. :D

Last edited:
Uh oh,
PS3 just shut down on it's own, red light flashing :nervous:
🤬 🤬 🤬

Looks like I'm performing "surgery" today instead of racing, or anything else for that matter :grumpy:

No trouble with my submission. Make sure to maintain the correct format:

Time: 1'10.100

So if your time is under one minute, it should be something like:

Time: 0'59.999

^ This

Last time we had a sub-minute week a few got caught out with the leading-zero. Don't forget your zero, people!

I was close to not submitting a time at all, just couldn't get the hang of it, but after some extensive 150+ laps today I'm at least getting comfortable with my T1, so I thought I'd show off that then.
T2 is okayish...

T1: 18.475
T2: 22.572

Edit: Oh god, after seeing your times my T2 is bad, bad, bad. So much for submitting that...

Edit2: I have no idea how you do T2. I have got about 20 replays now of an Impreza impressively going sideways through both left turns in T2, perfectly aligning with the straight afterwards, but unfortunately with very slow remaining speed, so that my ghost races past it shortly. This is my best lap, I'm that bad.

Edit3: Read through all your comments once again and was surprised that you guys are running the first sharp left in 2nd gear - tried that as well, on average it takes me a little bit longer to T1, but the speed is higher, so I'm overtaking my 1st gear ghost by the slight right before the double left.
Completely different, but still bad line through T2 and all in all a slight improvement:

T1: 18.482
T2: 22.411

Last edited:
I managed to drive a second hour on this trial, without looking splits. Just getting used with two setups I tried with. After a hundred of laps I was impressed by how close I was with T2. Yet should improve a bit in T1, but I don't know how. Also my T3 wasn't my best, but I've no more time as I have an exam on Wednesday. A good lap without big errors, but I didn't like the feeling with the car. Sure I have to improve a lot how to tune a car.

T1 18.583
T2 22.158

Good luck tomorrow with David Coulthard. I'll be at work at that time :(

Edit2: I have no idea how you do T2. I have got about 20 replays now of an Impreza impressively going sideways through both left turns in T2, perfectly aligning with the straight afterwards, but unfortunately with very slow remaining speed, so that my ghost races past it shortly. This is my best lap, I'm that bad.

Hessi, I'm no expert and there are plenty that have gone faster, but for what its worth I think your issue is with the bolded text. My take on this, and we'll see if its right when the replay videos are uploaded, is to run down the hill in 5th, turn in just before the 100m board and aim a straight line for the first apex. Let the car stabilise a little and then get on the brakes just before the pedestrian crossing prior to the first apex. A little trail braking helps to stabilise the rear end and then turn in and bring in the power. Note that I get down to third gear quite quickly in the braking zone so I'm ready to get back on the power. The car will drift a little as you turn into the second apex but just keep feeding in the power and it will sort itself out.

Hope that helps.

Surgery successful :D Dodged a bullet for now it would seem.
Saved my replays (you know, Priorities :lol:), etc., just in case she decides to go down for good..
I'm submitting my lap from the posted splits.
Pretty sure my T3 is not gonna help my cause this week. It almost certainly won't pick up a tenth on Tim. Good luck guys 👍

Easily the most cars I've wrecked in a week - by MILES!! :D

Finally got a second session in. Not happy with T1, lost .2 there. T2 was a fluke, I somehow managed to control a drift into the first of two left handers while keeping up the speed and exiting right on the apex :drool:. T3 I lost .1

Glad you got your PS3 fixed Hydro :)

Big ol' 0.03 gain at the line. :dopey:
D3, you're kicking butt this week! 👍 Can't keep up! :bowdown:

Losing almost 2 tenths in T2 and maybe a tenth in T3. But i'm around half a tenth up at the line on my previous best. But as it's the best T1 i've ever done and I know I can't get much more from T2 in the time I have (I think i'm turning in too early) so i'll submit the time I have and see how i've done :) The D2 guys are very fast this week 👍 Knew it would be close. It's very close at the top of D1 this week aswell, less than 0.01 between them :eek:. It's very easy to lose a couple of hundredths in that final turn, I feel the leaderboard is going to be shaken up a lot when the results are out.

Last edited:
Hessi, I'm no expert and there are plenty that have gone faster, but for what its worth I think your issue is with the bolded text. My take on this, and we'll see if its right when the replay videos are uploaded, is to run down the hill in 5th, turn in just before the 100m board and aim a straight line for the first apex. Let the car stabilise a little and then get on the brakes just before the pedestrian crossing prior to the first apex. A little trail braking helps to stabilise the rear end and then turn in and bring in the power. Note that I get down to third gear quite quickly in the braking zone so I'm ready to get back on the power. The car will drift a little as you turn into the second apex but just keep feeding in the power and it will sort itself out.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, that's close to what I am aiming for - whether I actually manage that is a different story... ;-)

One thing I do different though is that I only brake in 4th and further reduce speed right after the first left (aligning with road) by just switching into 3rd. The engine brake is enough to get me around the second left. Works... sometimes, seems to be faster, though.

New splits:

I screwed up the last corner and as a result I was only 0.06 up at the line compared to my previous best despite being 2 tenths up on my T2 split. I still have another tenth to find but if not i'm happy to submit the time I have now.

I feel that there is no perfect T1s on the board (.19x may be possible, but most people are in the .3s) so it just goes to show how difficult it is to hook up a perfect lap here.

Last edited:
I submitted with splits on board. I ran a little last night and actually ran .29X twice in the first sector. I even followed one up with a .1XX in sector 2, but biffed final sector and ended up with a slower lap by a hundredth... how I would have loved to post that lap on the board.

For some reason I lost the handle on T3 and can't get it back. My submitted lap has a "good" T3, but not "great" and I have agree with Seismica that the board will get mixed up a bit in the end.

Time to move on. Good Luck.

Finally got a second session in. Not happy with T1, lost .2 there. T2 was a fluke, I somehow managed to control a drift into the first of two left handers while keeping up the speed and exiting right on the apex :drool:. T3 I lost .1

Glad you got your PS3 fixed Hydro :)

Thanks, really wasn't holding out much hope. Hope it lasts 👍
Good to see you back this week. Only 3 Canadians on the board, and divisionally, we're 2,3,4! Classic.
All of my T2's are fluke's as well, but not quite as lucky quick as yours :lol: I've never been in the 21.xx's at all, nice run!

Back