GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 30 : Gettin' Dirty with a French Girl

• Thread starter EDK
  • 229 comments
Thanks Dom. Don't be giving up yet - you're having a great week 👍 I'm playing with quite a few different ride height setups currently. Can't make my mind up... got a bit lost with feeling the difference so switched back to my original setup for a run.

Still messed up my entry to the 2nd bridge so a net gain of only 0.002

Still looking for 0.25 on the lap (hopefully)
That sir, is an evil t2. :scared:
I'll definitely have to try and see how low I can go.

Had another 30 mins or so... I dislike this. Just impossible for me.

I used Chris' setup with top speed 280mph and used 1st and 2nd only! :D It actually felt quite good just using the two gears, but the times were no better than my first session other than a couple of turns which I think were due to Chris' setup.

Last edited:
Vagabond
25/40
6.1/6.3
4/4
3/3
2/2

2.0/0.7
0.00/0.00

LSD 7/10/7

Great settings, thank you. I'm flying (ok, for my definition of flying) through T2 now, although it cost me a little bit in T1:

T1: 23.827
T2: 26.964

Well, I know which sector I need to concentrate on at least.

I managed a 22.294:eek: and a best of 47.313 at t2, can't put anything together though, dropped ride height to -10 / +10.

Dom, I know you're faster than me, but I also know that time isn't possible with my set-up. Will give yours a try later...

Wait, this isn't Kate's dirty sister?

I am dissapoint.

Using my version of Peter's version of Dom's set-up...

Had a PB in T3 as well on this lap, although I'm still feeling very clumsy in a lot of places. I reckon theres another 0.5 in the lap for me if I can sort my self out. The last right hander in T1 is killing me, I feel like I'm coming to a dead stop!

My setup is much faster through the esses but difficult in Sector 1:

24.493 :crazy:

That is a mental T2, are you running with the power unplugged again :sly:
I think it's time to look a bit more closely at your setup, you definitely found something there. I feel I'm loosing all the time in T2 at that hairpin before the run up the hill, just can't get traction there. The slalom section feels really nice and smooth.

Still waiting for Wes to drop in with flat 22's / 24's :scared:

Nice spits Sid, are you going D1 on us?
I just like the slippery stuff, no D1 talents here. I'm enjoying this one more than the last, no grass cutting like the last one, it's how rally should be done 👍

Might switch back over to the lancer soon, I noticed a few WRS'ers in the boards always a tough job to chase down Mysterion71 :)
Think I saw Jack in there somewhere as well.

Tried to stay away but i can't :crazy::sly:

First splits after two days of complete disaster :ouch:

T1 - 23.144
T2 - 25.881

Tried to stay away but i can't :crazy::sly:

:lol: The WRS is additictive isn't it!

I'm enjoying this one more than the last, no grass cutting like the last one, it's how rally should be done 👍

Agreed - I also like the fact that the car sounds like a Metro 6R4! For the uninitiated, here's a clip. You'll excuse the screen format issue for the epic driving by Kris Meeke who is currently the works Mini driver in the WRC...

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't really give this one a go, rally events are just too noisey using the wheel and the only time I get for GT5 is in the evenings after my little boy goes to bed, and with my set-up being in the room next to his its too easy to wake him and feel the wrath of the wife!!
Best of luck to all taking part and I'll be back next week for sure.

Jim one solution that works for some of us that want a quiet wheel and also one that will last a long time is to unplug it from the mains so that you're driving without FFB. That's how I'm approaching this week - takes a bit of getting used to but I seem to be coping OK so I'm sure you could as well 👍

EDIT: New splits...

Been seeing the odd 22.8xx in T1, but typically not on this lap :rolleyes: Reckon theres about .25 in the lap if I can hook it all together.

My set-up as it stands (thanks to the multiple contributors for different bits of it :sly:)...

Carlos V1.1

Full DF
17/30
4/4.8
5/5
4/4
1/2
2.3/0.5
0/+.3
LSD 7/10/7
ABS 10, BB 6/6
Trans standard and set to 240km/h

Last edited:
Since I was struggling with the fully upgraded car I decided to buy another one and see how it went without mods. After a few laps to settle in I was within a few 10ths. A quick trip to settings to install the ECU and a bit of ballast and I managed to go (a little) quicker.

T1: 24.867
T2: 27.689

Still a lot do find, will try some of the setups tonight, see how it goes.

Update.

I have just taken just over a second off my previous best time, which was obviously rubbish. :D

Nice splits Ash (or is it Ian?). You and Peter are too fast for me this week

Any, I'm not bothered either way.:) I thought you and Peter were too fast for me and then suddenly I found something.:crazy:

I'm running all the upgrades (I was on my rubbish lap too), except I've gone from the fixed ratio gear box to the fully custom one with just the top speed changed to the same that you're running, with CSLACR's setup (which I was also using before). I did move the ballast to the very back of the car, I don't know if that helped as my previous best lap was set this way too, although I'd only run a couple of laps like this before today.

Last edited:
That is a mental T2, are you running with the power unplugged again :sly:
I think it's time to look a bit more closely at your setup, you definitely found something there. I feel I'm loosing all the time in T2 at that hairpin before the run up the hill, just can't get traction there. The slalom section feels really nice and smooth.

Still waiting for Wes to drop in with flat 22's / 24's :scared:

I just like the slippery stuff, no D1 talents here. I'm enjoying this one more than the last, no grass cutting like the last one, it's how rally should be done 👍

Might switch back over to the lancer soon, I noticed a few WRS'ers in the boards always a tough job to chase down Mysterion71 :)
I really really doubt that.:lol:
My wheel is still not fixed yet and I don't think it will be fixed by the end of the week.:(
If it is however I will certainly try this combo. The combo seems really nice.👍

29th as of yesterday. I saw you Sid and I saw Mysteron and Vagabond and Lefty. I would be interested in knowing if anyones doing the TT on their non GTP account with the Lancer. The GTP_Guys are easy to spot of course.:)

Just sent my registration in for this, turned GT5 on to buy myself the Clio for the latest event, tuned it up as required clicked on seasonal events and woe is me the servers go down for maintenance 22 hours earlier than I read was planned :grumpy:

oh well guess, I'll just have to have a few practice sessions instead

The difference between the seasonal event and running the same combo in free run is vey big. Either that or I am a second quicker today compared to yesterday.

The difference between the seasonal event and running the same combo in free run is vey big. Either that or I am a second quicker today compared to yesterday.

SRF off in Free Run?

Car set to same power and weight regs?

Maybe the seasonals use the online physics, that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe you just got better, I improved by a second today and I was running the seasonal event.:)

Latest Posts

Back