• Thread starter EDK
  • 321 comments
New splits, slight improvement.

T1, 29.669
T2, 27.516
T3, 18.136
T4, 19.826
T5, 26.826

I'm losing well over a second because of the straights, my gear ratios are letting me down, I can't find a balance between top speed and acceleration that works for my downforce setting. I don't want to reduce my downforce, i'm having enough problems at the Porsche curves as it is.

Yeah picking good gear ratios is going to be quite important I think, Mark but not crucial - bravery through the high speed stuff is the key. Early throttle without a spectacular spin... :crazy:

I'm using downforce 60/80 now and the rear still seems stable enough - any less compromises you everywhere and the top speed gain does not make up for that.

My current setup:

Aero
60/80

Suspension
0/-15
14.2/15.1
9/9
8/8
6/6
3.0/1.2
0.00/0.00

LSD
10/12/10

Brakes
5/7
ABS 9

Gears
Set Max Speed to 211mph
Then adjust Final to 3111
Adjust individual gears to:
1st 2752
2nd 1800
3rd 1337
4th 1042
5th 0835

Yielded these splits thus far...

Twitched and braked too early for Indianapolis which cost 2 tenths and was a little cautious through the Porsche curves but otherwise not a bad lap. :)

I've been doing nothing but tuning cars and racing online the past couple months. I'm hoping I've learned enough to make my own tune and be competitive this time around in GT Mode. I guess that's the one silver lining about such a limited Arcade Mode list of cars.

See ya on the track guys!

Jerome

Nice splits Chris, smokin' through T2! 👍 I'm curious why you run less than max DF though? (I'm faster on the straight with it maxed, top out at 392 km/h) I think you might actually be bottoming out the rear with it at -15. I haven't tried the rear that low myself but I was bottoming out with Praiano's -15/-5.

My best clean so far

I have one lap that is .4 faster at the line that I use as a ghost, but it's a tiny bit dirty in the last sector (the runoff outside the rumble that EDK spoke of).

edit: btw I don't remember my gear ratios, but I have it set so that the displayed max speed reads 460 km/h. With this setting I hit peak power (7000rpm) just under 390 km/h and that seems to give the best top speed down Mulsanne.

Last edited:
Revised splits, overall improvement, still having trouble with the first sector.

T1, 29.727
T2, 27.384
T3, 18.243
T4, 19.485
T5, 26.653

Nice splits Chris, smokin' through T2! 👍 I'm curious why you run less than max DF though? (I'm faster on the straight with it maxed, top out at 392 km/h) I think you might actually be bottoming out the rear with it at -15. I haven't tried the rear that low myself but I was bottoming out with Praiano's -15/-5.

Thanks mate - very brave through Tertre Rouge but its on a knife edge and I'm only making it 1 out of every 5 goes. Managed a 26.443 earlier but doubt I'll be able to repeat that. :crazy: Max downforce makes the car feel understeery through the high speed stuff but it could be my ride height that's the problem. Bottoming out could be why I keep spinning if I use all the curb too. Still playing with settings - I'll try a higher suspension setup and see what happens... 👍 Good luck Jonas, great week! :cheers:

Great, not enough funds to buy this car. Better start grinding for some pecunia. :D

Great, not enough funds to buy this car. Better start grinding for some pecunia. :D

Not sure if you've already run them, but the TT events give you 1 Million each. There are 4 events, plus the Mercedes Benz event.

Otherwise, most of the seasonal race wins are worth more than half a million.

EDK
Not sure if you've already run them, but the TT events give you 1 Million each. There are 4 events, plus the Mercedes Benz event.

Otherwise, most of the seasonal race wins are worth more than half a million.
I've ran all of them, but they made me feel like the wife on a shoe shopping extravaganza. So I've spend all of it on some other beautiful cars. :sly:

But no worry, I'll join in from tomorrow. 👍

T1: 0'28.728
T2: 0'27.554
T3: 0'17.996
T4: 0'19.100
T5: 0'26.464

Day off too windy outside with these Americans sending their Hurricane Katia over here to the UK. 👍

Phillip

EDK
Well, I wouldn't say they are useless, since you almost certainly would not have submitted a lap from your first 2 hours of running, and you got to practice the combo.

My attention to detail was clearly lacking last night, I made several mistakes on the first post.

My apologies, but please don't post splits from a run in arcade mode.

Thought I was having a blond moment as well today Kevin, after looking back at the first post, seeing it now GT Mode.

Sorry but may last two runs I've had time for were on the Arcadish mode.

I'll try a run in the GT-Modeified section now.

Phillip.

Day off too windy outside with these Americans sending their Hurricane Katia over here to the UK. 👍

You know what they say, spread the wealth. :sly:

We already had enough with Irene. I had to miss my weekend at Chuk's because of her. 👎

New splits:

T1: 28.907
T2: 27.561
T3: 18.207
T4: 19.293
T5: 26.762
Max aero and adjusted top speed, only changes.

I keep spinning out exiting the first chicane, everytime I feel it's ok to floor it there's a little lump in the road.

Tertre rouge is tough but HOLY hell I cannot get Arnage right and am often in the barriers.

Indianapolis is pure awesome though, as are the curves. What a track. I notice that there is a 2005 CDLS track too, with and without the chicanes. What on earth is the difference? I didn't see much change watching the race the last 6 years, am I blind?

Tertre rouge is tough but HOLY hell I cannot get Arnage right and am often in the barriers.

Indianapolis is pure awesome though, as are the curves. What a track. I notice that there is a 2005 CDLS track too, with and without the chicanes. What on earth is the difference? I didn't see much change watching the race the last 6 years, am I blind?

There's a big difference in just the first few corners alone, there's sand traps for a start which make the 2005 version more cheat proof:tup:

Edit: Sorry that sounded bad, but I was just reading about the differences on another thread and then went for a spin, what I mean is 2005 gives you penalty, where 2009 doesn't. As for the track in general I was amazed, it just feels more real. I recommend people that haven't been around there on the game before to give it a go, just feels a more satisfying lap to me.

Anybody else agree?

Last edited:
There's a big difference in just the first few corners alone, there's sand traps for a start which make the 2005 version more cheat proof:tup:

Edit: Sorry that sounded bad, but I was just reading about the differences on another thread and then went for a spin, what I mean is 2005 gives you penalty, where 2009 doesn't. As for the track in general I was amazed, it just feels more real. I recommend people that haven't been around there on the game before to give it a go, just feels a more satisfying lap to me.

Anybody else agree?

Was gonna say, not more about the penalty system again. ;)

The main reason I used the 2009 version rather than 2005 is that 2005 version is the same layout as we had on GT4, whereas we have never run a WRS race on the 2009 version.

I'm not in a position to pass judgement, one way or the other, as I can't be objective. I like the older version better, because I know it better.

I do like Indianapolis and parts of the Porsche Curves better on the 2009 version, but the start of the lap, the Esses and Tertre Rogue in particular, have a much better flow on the 2005 version.

EDK
Was gonna say, not more about the penalty system again. ;)

The main reason I used the 2009 version rather than 2005 is that 2005 version is the same layout as we had on GT4, whereas we have never run a WRS race on the 2009 version.

I'm not in a position to pass judgement, one way or the other, as I can't be objective. I like the older version better, because I know it better.

I do like Indianapolis and parts of the Porsche Curves better on the 2009 version, but the start of the lap, the Esses and Tertre Rogue in particular, have a much better flow on the 2005 version.

That's exactly what I thought about the first sector, the first sector is actually more challenging on the 2005 version, there is no room for error as there is grass or sandbanks. As for the first right sweeper (first corner) I ended up flying off the track because it is actually a double right instead of the long sweeper on the 09 version:dunce:

Never before experienced this layout and I loved it, just a shame I struggle with the speed of LMP cars, the reason I decided to give this week a miss. I also don't think my neighbour would be to chuffed with me going 240MPH down Le Mans straight during the night time with the noise and rattle the logitech wheels make, had many complaints in the past :sly:

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but had to post a great experience :D

See you all next week:tup:

Edit: No I have given up on my penalty system rants as it makes to many enemies, and above all I just want to enjoy myself here. It's the same for everybody :)

NEW TIMES, with a little set-uo still onlt 927bhp though.
💡 MENTAL NOTE to myself !run car in ?

Should get some more with the extra 50hp :)

NEW TIMES, with a little set-uo still onlt 927bhp though.
💡 MENTAL NOTE to myself !run car in ?

Should get some more with the extra 50hp :)

I believe you just have to do an oil change to get the max HP in this car (going off what has been said in the thread). I still need to give this one a go, sounds like it is going to be a bit of a handful on the DS3 with that amount of power!

Seen a 1:57.5, but its hard to be consistent over the whole lap. :grumpy:

First splits in over a week:

T1: 29.316
T2: 27.206
T3: 18.235
T4: 19.265
T5: 26.742

Time to be gained just about everywhere as I learn how to control this beast. RIP the first 9 lives for my poor A-spec driver who has died multiple times today in high speed collisions.

Using an old clamp to hold my wheel to my desk
faithfull-g-clamp-102mm-4in-s.png

It does the job for now apart from the tightening lever keeps banging into my kneecap :dopey: anyway first hour or so of tweaking and lapping here and so far my best lap has...

I'm defo being too cautious in the early laps to get a banker and keeping 2 wheels at all times within the white lines, but those T1's are enough to make me study the track for hidden shortcuts :ill:

Outstanding guys! I'm rustier than i thought I was :scared: will keep at it 👍

edit:

Last edited:
So.....

I'm a full 2 seconds back at T2. Can we cut the inside right of that first chicane at the beginning of the lap? :confused:

Jerome

I don't, I treat the pre lap corners the same as that weeks rules. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove it other than speed at the start of the lap I would think. One of those spirit of the rules things.

Sorry, I mean the first chicane once the lap timer starts.

Jerome

I've done a few laps and I'm getting a headache while trying to keep in mind the white lines rule.

I'm worried about the corner just before T4.
More specific the ruling about going over the white line for better cornering angle.

I like to take that corner close to the sand (when braking) before turn in for apex.
So , is it ok to use all the tarmac in that corner?

MadMax

I've done a few laps and I'm getting a headache while trying to keep in mind the white lines rule.

I'm worried about the corner just before T4.
More specific the ruling about going over the white line for better cornering angle.

I like to take that corner close to the sand (when braking) before turn in for apex.
So , is it ok to use all the tarmac in that corner?

MadMax

Sorry, I'm not able to load the game right now. Are you asking if you can get all the way out to the left before turn in? And is there a solid white boundary line there?

EDK
Sorry, I'm not able to load the game right now. Are you asking if you can get all the way out to the left before turn in? And is there a solid white boundary line there?

Yea , all the way to the left. And there is a solid white line. (looking at the video I might be wrong)
While driving the long straith at over 400 km/h / 250 MPH I've been carefull not to go too far on the red tarmac either as it's past the white line aswell. :nervous:

EDIT: just to demonstrate how I would take the corner:

MadMax

Last edited:
Back