GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 34 : British Invasion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 194 comments
Haven't come close to my best time in ages

I'm having the same issues

And I thought I was the only one, I think we just peeked to soon ... :lol:

I can pass my ghost sometimes and then lose it leaving buss stop. At least the trip wire is set to let you know when you cut the corner too close by red lighting your score rather then waisting more time to see if I cut the corner too close and DQ'd the lap.

Now back to the grind :banghead:

Ran these last night.

T1: 32.773
T2: 28.015
T3: 16.271

I was really slow and frustrated at first in arcade mode trying to string together a great lap with this growling lion. Then got out of there and ran a bunch of consecutive online laps testing for the 3D3 race next week and got in the groove a little. When I came back to arcade mode I was immediately faster and wondering if my ghost from before was a little tipsy. I think just running laps without paying too much attention to every split helps me get in the flow and then I can get down to the tenth hunting. I tend to focus too much on individual corners right off the bat otherwise.

That being said I still have a ways to go and *many* tenths to hunt down.

EDK
No to belabor the point, but the issue with the driving line is that the suggested point is not static, it's dynamic according to car speed, so trying to build consistency by using the same braking points is very difficult.

I speak from experience, I used the line for about the first year on Prologue, but got fed up with it while running a WRS event, immediately found more speed by using track-side braking points, and never looked back.

FWIW, I'm using the driving line on all tracks except one, Nordschleife :)

I admit it's because I am lazy and can't be bothered to find braking points on the trackside for all tracks, tyre and car combinations.

Great combo, and I love the Jag, but after 15 laps that 1st corner is really driving me up the wall (almost literally), but it is certainly a good challenge. What makes it more frustrating is that it is the only corner I am having trouble with, everything else I've nailed.. :crazy:

Hopefully I'll be able to find some time over the weekend to practice and get some solid splits on the board, and eventually a good lap 👍

Never been a fan of Daytona Road ........ but this car makes it a very nice combo.👍

Road cars ,I love to race them.

I haven't had another run at this one yet... got myself hooked on the new Seasonal Time Trial at Deep Forest Reverse so I might be struggling to put a decent time in on this one.

Good luck anyway, guys :cheers:

I haven't had another run at this one yet... got myself hooked on the new Seasonal Time Trial at Deep Forest Reverse so I might be struggling to put a decent time in on this one.

Good luck anyway, guys :cheers:

I'm at the same position , with the 750PP Time Trial at Cape Ring Outside :lol: [/offtopic]

MadMax

First splits worth posting after another 15 laps. Can't say I'm a fan of the track yet, hard to get my bearings when there's so much open space... I suppose it gets better with practice, but I don't know if I'll have much time this weekend.

EDK
No to belabor the point, but the issue with the driving line is that the suggested point is not static, it's dynamic according to car speed, so trying to build consistency by using the same braking points is very difficult.

I speak from experience, I used the line for about the first year on Prologue, but got fed up with it while running a WRS event, immediately found more speed by using track-side braking points, and never looked back.

For turn 1 this week, use the white lane marker lines. After the 3rd line following the Start Finish is a good place to start to find your limit.

Turn 2 (Not counting the kink as a turn), use the pole shadow on the left leading up to the turn.

Turn 4 (next right hand "hairpin") use the tarmac cutout on the left. You can go just past, but not much.

Turn 5 (Onto banking) use the tarmac cutout on the right.

Bus stop, use the break from concrete to grass on track left, just after, and I've found 4th gear to be both faster and more consistent. ;)
Thanks for the braking points, I wasn't finding good markers probably because I don't know the track very well yet. (Used driving line so far)

I know for those using the DL, turn 1 you have to start braking before it goes fully red, makes it hard to get decent, apparently I'm missing half a second there.:crazy:

Gone all week, my first splits.

T1 33.286
T2 28.042
T3 16.152

Last edited:
Not bad otxito, thought I was getting it. Back to the track.lol

T1: 33.368
T2: 28.446
T3: 16.259

New splits:

T1: 32.390
T2: 27.643
T3: 16.011

I don't know how i will break into the first turn like that again

New splits:

T1: 32.390
T2: 27.643
T3: 16.011

I don't know how i will break into the first turn like that again

NOOO!
You taking first place of D2 got me knocked of the possible podium :ouch:
Guess I'll have to try to go faster again this evening. :D

slowley getting use to using a wheel.

T1: 32.858
T2: 28.221
T3: 16.108

Last edited:
First WRS laps for a few weeks, just a steady opener :-)

Though I may still use it occasionally, this will be my last WRS with the DS3 :-D

Fanatec CSR, but only with standard plasticky pedals to start with because the 'proper' pedals were pretty expensive :)

Yeah the Clubsport pedals are pretty expensive but they are fantastic and worth every penny I reckon. I would highly recommend putting some pennies aside for them in the near future Matt. 👍

Yeah the Clubsport pedals are pretty expensive but they are fantastic and worth every penny I reckon. I would highly recommend putting some pennies aside for them in the near future Matt. 👍

Im actually more likely to have the slightly cheaper CSR Elite pedals - seem to be roughly the same and look pretty awesome, as do the clubsports.

Since I'll be awful for a little while I don't think it will hurt to batter some basic pedals for a bit before upgrading.

Darn you curbs, start earlier! :mad:

Had some good improvement... had.

T1: 32.836
T2: 28.004
T3: 16.130

Slower splits,faster laptime.

In the mean time, this combo turned me grey. :banghead:

:D

Last edited:
First WRS laps for a few weeks, just a steady opener :-)

Though I may still use it occasionally, this will be my last WRS with the DS3 :-D

You will probably grow to detest driving with the DS3. 👍 That's how you know the wheel is worth it.:D

New splits, finally found a decent line through turn 1. Practicing for the upcoming 3D3 race helped out a bunch also.

T1, 32.901
T2, 27.934
T3, 16.143

Not seeing what's so lap-deciding about bus stop, +- a few hundredths there each lap, which I guess means I haven't done it right yet. :)

Back