GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 5 : That Thing is an Isuzu? Really?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 434 comments
I spent an hour on the qualifier, and about 30 hours on this week.
I race when I can. Sometimes that's a lot, sometimes not, When I race a lot, I expect to be fast, and the ability to tune the car helps me. I've posted my set-up, and I'll provide the replay, but to sum it all up, the glory of winning a certain division means less to me than the satisfaction of knowing that I can compete with the fastest of the fast.

30 hours :dunce: :crazy:

You should be put in a straitjacket and locked up for that!!! I'm flat out holding attention for more than 3-4hrs on any challenge..... i spent 3hrs this week.

After spending 30hrs on this i'm not surprised you are up the ladder... but keep in mind the Aliens (D1) are spending probably 10% of that time to achieve their times... so maybe not a true reflection of what you are trying to achieve.... don't get me wrong, they are impressive times, but after 30hrs they'd want to be.

Thx everyone for your feedback and comments on that picture.I just needed a second opinion and wanted to share my pain with you.This usualy doesn't happen to me as I'm always able to drive a faster time if in doubt but this time is really hard!:scared:...Anyway,I'll keep trying before deadline and hopefully I'll manage a faster lap!

:lol: Chuck, pay no attention mate.

Nice work and I hope you find your target, or at least stay up near the top 👍

Thx everyone for your feedback and comments on that picture.I just needed a second opinion and wanted to share my pain with you.This usualy doesn't happen to me as I'm always able to drive a faster time if in doubt but this time is really hard!:scared:...Anyway,I'll keep trying before deadline and hopefully I'll manage a faster lap!

As a resident Alien Zoky....... i'm sure you'll find the times you need:scared:

Don't take WRS more seriously than needed people. If chukability's ability (!) is not reflected in his division placement he will be promoted eventually. Yes it can bee seen as sandbagging to only put an hour into the qualifier if you know for a fact that you will put many more hours into each WRS week but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

in the first few weeks there are bound to be people who are in the wrong division. You could even argue that both Vagabond and osrg have sandbagged the qualifier. :D

You could even argue that both Vagabond and osrg have sandbagged the qualifier. :D

Hey!!! I resemble that remark:sly:

Seriously though.... i spent 2 1/2 hrs on the qualifier and spent that each week (give or take an hour) on WRS....

Given that i missed D1 Bronze by 0.006....... i don't think i'm that far out of place:), but Div 3 Bronze putting up D1 Pace? Different story IMHO.

The thing is that even Chuk admits he runs massive hours when time permits, so there will be weeks when he ends up miles out of Division, but won't consistently put up good enough times over a series of weeks to be promoted, so whats the solution?

Just out of curiosity Chuk, did you run the GT5P qualifier, and if so, what Division were you in?

A little better in all three sectors, and I know where the "ghost" still lost a lot of time! :yuck:

Still, I might not be able to correct that in the next three days. :indiff:

T1: 24.066
T2: 23.641

The thing is that even Chuk admits he runs massive hours when time permits,

So What?

so there will be weeks when he ends up miles out of Division, but won't consistently put up good enough times over a series of weeks to be promoted, so whats the solution?

I guess we will see how Vaxens calculations work in the coming months.

Serioulsy, you guys make mountians out of mole hills, reminds me of the gt5 section of this forum :crazy:

Serioulsy, you guys make mountians out of mole hills, reminds me of the gt5 section of this forum :crazy:

Ummmm.... since when was this an argument? I merely was curious as to how Chuk arrived at his splits, given that he has been nowhere in the previous 4..... besides, human nature dictates that there will be those of us who take WRS seriously, as in a test, whereas others will take it with a grain of salt.

Good on him for his times....... but 30hrs...... sheesh:crazy:

Animera started out in Div 3. Synwraith was Div 2 bronze a year or so ago

Correct.... and both worked their way up diligently over a extended period of time. It took Animera over 4 months of consistent results to move from D3 to D1......

I thought the wrs was a place to improve your driving skills, sometimes that might take some extra hours don't ya think? Or maybe you'd like all that are slower then you to stay that way and simply be place markers below you to pad your ego?

Update

Same times as before, but think my previous post confused the bot that picks up the times. :scared:

Last edited:
I thought the wrs was a place to improve your driving skills, sometimes that might take some extra hours don't ya think? Or maybe you'd like all that are slower then you to stay that way and simply be place markers below you to pad your ego?

Mate be careful what you are saying there. No-one has said anything of that nature so don't be throwing accusations like that. it is just immature.

As for his times, i would be a little frustrated if a guy a whole division or 2 below me was riding my rear bumper. And after all, if the WRS wasn't some sort of contest/competition, why have divisions and rankings and leaderboards then.

Mate be careful what you are saying there. No-one has said anything of that nature so don't be throwing accusations like that. it is just immature.

It was a question not an accusation, as for immature, seriously, who is being immature?

As for his times, i would be a little frustrated if a guy a whole division or 2 below me was riding my rear bumper. And after all, if the WRS wasn't some sort of contest/competition, why have divisions and rankings and leaderboards then.

Of course it's a compitition as it should be and of course sometimes things get heated but that does not mean slower guys can't on ocasion run fast competitive laps. Especially on a short relatively easy combo.

....and about 30 hours on this week.

Holy crap! :crazy: Fair play on the speed given that kind of dedication... Jeebus, I thought I put alot of time in each week... :ill:

An hour on the qualifier was maybe a little underwhelming. ;)

You could even argue that both Vagabond and osrg have sandbagged the qualifier. :D

Ouch! :sly: I spent 2 hours on it... but then I only had 1 free day to run it 'cos I didn't know it was running that week and only caught it just in time :guilty: I have been pretty consistent since then though :)

In GT5P I was D3 Bronze but back then I was sitting on the sofa with a DF-Ex wheel on my knee. I now have the good old G25 and something to bolt it to, which is much nicer 👍 And I spend an average of 10-12 hours a week on the WRS, which I thought was alot 'til Chuk's revelation :sly:

Why are you trying to stir up a storm? We have every right to question Chuk's sudden blinding speed... he even expected it I believe. He doesn't seem insulted so there's no need for you to act so on his behalf, seemingly just to cause an argument. WRS is fun, it is also a competition... so one expects people taking part to act competetively - challenging a sudden apparently uncharacteristic turn of speed is in keeping with that ethos and not unreasonable.

Finally:

-------

Submitting now!It took me almost 800km's to shave another 0.05sec....:yuck:My biggest problem was 1st turn through whole week,only seen a few times 23.4....dunno why!:dopey:

Good luck everyone!

Finally:

-------

Submitting now!It took me almost 800km's to shave another 0.05sec....:yuck:My biggest problem was 1st turn through whole week,only seen a few times 23.4....dunno why!:dopey:

Good luck everyone!

Are you submitting because you've got me Zocky or because you've had enough? lol

Maybe i should have posted a cover lap, wondering if i need to jump back on now!!

Are you submitting because you've got me Zocky or because you've had enough? lol

Maybe i should have posted a cover lap, wondering if i need to jump back on now!!
Actually I had you before....:sly:...you need to tidy up that last sector! :cheers:

Well,I didn't expect to see everybody's times on the in game leaderboard....I don't understand why nobody didn't react on that as this is forbidden in wrs as far as I know?!

Why are you trying to stir up a storm?

I would not say that exactly, just calling you guys on your actions.

We have every right to question Chuk's sudden blinding speed... he even expected it I believe. He doesn't seem insulted so there's no need for you to act so on his behalf, seemingly just to cause an argument.

Blinding speed? not really. I'm not only acting on his behalf, I'm acting on my own behalf because I don't like were this is going and it's one of the reasons I've not been competing in the wrs. Poor attitudes.

WRS is fun, it is also a competition... so one expects people taking part to act competetively - challenging a sudden apparently uncharacteristic turn of speed is in keeping with that ethos and not unreasonable.

Yeah it must be fun to question a long standing clean and honest racers times, his time is not uncharacteristic. His ethics are sound. You guys have 1. questioned his speed, 2. called him a sandbager, 3. made fun of the amount of time he has run, and just in general sound like cry babies imo.

He has done nothing against the rules or the 'spirit' of the wrs. Some of you however have as it has never been allowed to have your submitted time showing on the online leader board :dopey:

Your welcome Zoran, always best to read the race spec to the full, as some weeks hard standings are part of the track.

If in any doubt at all, always do another lap 👍

Phillip.

Well,I didn't expect to see everybody's times on the in game leaderboard....I don't understand why nobody didn't react on that as this is forbidden in wrs as far as I know?!

It doesn't actually say that your lap must be done offline in the race specifics.

GTmaniac

Yeah I asked for clarification and was told that it wasn't compulsory to set a cover time. So I didn't! Might do it now though as I chase you!! :)

I would get off your high-horse mate and forget about it.

After all, you are fighting this more than he is. And at the end of the day, the leaderboard has the final say no matter what is said in these forums.

Hardly a reason to not compete on your behalf.

P.S. Sorry about the double post mods!

Finally....! Broke into the 22.8's in T2 :cheers: A slower T1... almost 0.1 slower than my best but by far the best T2 I've done all week and over 0.1 improvement to the line. Man am I stoked now :P

I'm well happy with my time... really think I'm done now. :)

T1: 23.596
T2: 22.875

Well done everyone! Its been another blast of a week. Particular congratulations to Chuk, Shigegaki and DDiamond for huge improvements over the week. 👍

I used custom gear ratios for this run and raised the rear suspension height from -20 to -15. LSD settings 10/43/21. I'll post up the gear ratios if anyone is interested.

Back