• Track: Dirt > Eiger Nordwand W Trail / Reverse
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Italy > Lancia
  • Model: Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 207 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1350 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Dirt Tires
    [*]Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM):

> Active Steering: Allowed.
    > Traction Control (TCS) and ASM: Not Allowed - Verifiable by Watching Replay HUD
    [*]Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
    [*]Mechanical Damage: Optional
    [*]Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
    [*]In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls (even when invisible), no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • All Surfaces are considered Track Surface.

Steward's Comments:
It's been a while since we had a rally week so here's a pretty user friendly one.
Enjoy.

Viewing your T1 & T2 Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times]
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon.

eigernordwandwroute.jpg

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.

• In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

[*]Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
    [*]No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
    [*]If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
    [*]No hybrids
    [*]No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
    [*]Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
    [*]Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of Splits: 2
eigernordwandwroute3.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 61 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, April 16th 11:59pm GMT
    img.php
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

eigernordwandwroute2.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited:
This looks interesting :), I don't think I'm very good on dirt. So may give this a go and see if I can learn anything. :D

Just had a quick run, i usually don't like dirt in gran turismo but this is awesome. Great combination this week, to bad i'll be in vacations so either i will submit tomorrow or not at all. Still great fun! :)

Nice combo Speedy.👍

This car has a nice balance to it. Great fun.

After an hour or so, no idea if these splits are any good. Love sliding in the dirt.

EDIT

25.703 that second 22 was wishful thinking haha

Dang it Blair you always make me look like a beginner. haha

Lots of fun join the party its a blast really and just dont look at the leaderboard is my advice to anyone just starting or who might not yet know how to drive on dirt at all.

First battle is trying to stay clean and its one you have to figure out how to win first before the speed starts amazingly coming from some magic place it seems. haha

FUN!

Last edited:
jack5428
Dang it Blair you always make me look like a beginner. haha

Your far from a beginner Jack. Besides, you almost always beat me by the end of the week.

I think I'm a quick starter, but then struggle to make significant improvement moving forward.

New splits,

I love rally and I love Lancia, I'll be taking part in this one most likely. :sly:

Your far from a beginner Jack. Besides, you almost always beat me by the end of the week.

I think I'm a quick starter, but then struggle to make significant improvement moving forward.

New splits,

Wow! Look at those splits man.👍 Thats ok being a guy like you is what most D1s are. You got the first half of the D1 formula down cold.

It's been a while since I rallied(spelling?). Definitely going to check this one out. Nice job Speedy.👍

Dont want to put my wheel through this abuse. I may unplug and go back to the DS3 but have not decided yet.

:lol: just spent last half hour on K trail reverse, I was sitting thinking to my self my T2 is like 35seconds out wtf. I'm an idiot some times ..........:P

Some of the corners like the last one of T2 I know Im not ripping but the cars so tight stock tuned. I might start throwing the ebrake. Driving DS3.

I think I maxed out the track pretty much, less than 0.5 left in my opinion (and very hard to get).

So, as usual here are some tips:
This car's powerband is pretty steep, it peaks at mid rpm range and cuts short abruptly, that means that short shifting is key (peak torque at 3500rpm and peak hp at 5750rpm if I remember correctly), that's the key to getting good times here. I use ABS 4 (helps with braking into corners without lots of skiding) with brake balance 1/8 (helps turn-in while braking), I use drift mode 5 and 540 degrees of rotation (same I always use with rally cars).
I'll write a much more detailed guide a bit later, after I've had another go to see if I can get some more undiscovered tenths. :)

I havent been short shifting just basically driving a 2 speed tranny so far. lol

On the short shifting I went way slower at first in fact.

I know why because alot like tarmac taking corners on dirt at high revs is alot easier to do.

It just isnt always the fastest way to do it. lol

Last edited:
Dont want to put my wheel through this abuse. I may unplug and go back to the DS3 but have not decided yet.

The Logitec wheels have some weird stuff with rally, sort of a jackhammer effect. Maybe try turning FFB down to 1 in the options menu and see what effect that has.

Going to give this one a good go this week. First session gives

Plenty to come if I can keep off the fences.

Gave this about 20 laps this morning and another 20 just now, improved by only .5 on my time from the first session. Thanks Fobia for the tips about powerband and peak torque, but I find it hard to run with higher rear brakes than front, tried it and I just kept going sideways when I brake coming into the downhill section after T2, I probably didn't put the ABS high enough though. I use 5 - 1(f/r) with ABS at 1.

There's not much left for me to get from this, probably .1 in each sector.

I think I maxed out the track pretty much...

You said that last week and then pulled another 5 tenths out of somewhere :sly:

Not sure where I'm losing 0.25 in sector 1 but its early days yet I suppose....

Its a bit like driving a pendulum... my tip - don't let off the gas too much in the bends, throttle keeps it tight.

And I didn't know what I was going to do this morning ...... :lol: and I thought I was going to get a lot of work done this week ..... :lol: Looks like I just have to try to crack this egg.

I love the dirt :lol: can't wait 👍

And I didn't know what I was going to do this morning ...... :lol: and I thought I was going to get a lot of work done this week ..... :lol: Looks like I just have to try to crack this egg.

I love the dirt :lol: can't wait 👍

Thats a lot of LOLs Lefty :lol:

Nice combo Speedy 👍, terrible at dirt but maybe this is my chance to learn.

Looks like I just have to try to crack this egg.
I do hope that's not an Easter joke there Lefty.... :P I believe chocolate is said to have some sort of euphoric effect in large amounts. :P

Found some in sector 1 but not seeing any .5s yet.

I also seem to enjoy rallying although I must admit its alot smoother with a Fanatec than it was with my old G25.

EDK
The Logitec wheels have some weird stuff with rally, sort of a jackhammer effect. Maybe try turning FFB down to 1 in the options menu and see what effect that has.
The first event we ran off road I unplugged my G25 from the mains and ran without FFB - tricky at first but soon pick up the rhythm.
What's TCS ?
Traction Control

Last edited:
Latest splits, some improvement.

It's tricky being aggressive on the uphill sections, then having to switch my brain into being smooth and easy on the downhill sectors.:crazy:

Giving up some time in T3, that's the hardest sector for me.

Thought I got ahead of Blair. Wrong! :lol:

figured out T3 alot better so I beat my ghost who was way ahead at T2 thru it. hahaha

Last edited:

gona be struggling this week managed the splits above after about 12 laps but still stuggling to keep car away from the barrier speacially in the last section.

Back