GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
Put in a fair bit of time (for me, which means about 2 hrs). barely get high 21's and high 25's on splits (my best lap wasn't clean either). My weaknesses are really amplified on dirt tracks and I really think if I learn to do well, I can become faster overall. However, it is more frustrating than fun. So, giving up for now.

I probably download some replays and train myself on this track afterwards.

Thanks for the info Jack! I think I have increased my times enough to keep that pesky,persistent,div 5 fellow behind! Who am I kidding, he's Div 4! On to the next challenge, submitting. Good luck racing world,was a great competition!
Dale

Had another session on this one with best lap beeing 0.010 off my time, so "it" returned to me. Seen plenty of .2 in T1 but failed to get a lap (my best T1 is .260), will have another go tomorrow and I'll hopefully improve my time. We'll see... :)

I just went faster at the line with a 42:225 which is .102 slower at T2 than my previous best save... very hard to piece this jigsaw together especially T3 :crazy:

Still plugging away until the deadline so will update my final splits if i improve? and when I give up 👍

I just went faster at the line with a 42:225 which is .102 slower at T2 than my previous best save... very hard to piece this jigsaw together especially T3 :crazy:

Still plugging away until the deadline so will update my final splits if i improve? and when I give up 👍

I know how you feel, T3 is a tough one. Had faster splits many times at T2 just to lose it all in T3, very nervewrecking.

On the other hand, saw Mr P's splits and had another go, no avail. Faster at T2 a few times, did T3 horribly, ended up .3 behind. New best T1 of .242. :crazy:

I've just submitted with these splits.

20.780 👎
23.939 👍

Really poor T1 on this lap, but very close to my best everywhere else. So even if I run a .5/6 T1 I would probably lose a couple of tenths over the rest of the lap so overall this is about the best I'm likely to do. I hope it's enough for a division podium.:)

T1: 22.272
T2: 26.702

Bit tricky this week, I was working all week to get good times and out of all of them, this was the best. I guess I just suck at rally, badly! :lol:

First goal for today acomplished, go lower again, wasnt sure after doing the new combo yesterday Id still have any dirt touch or not in this car today.

First goal for today acomplished, go lower again, wasnt sure after doing the new combo yesterday Id still have any dirt touch or not in this car today.

I was aming for the same goal aswell, but i did not acomplish...
well done 'raceryder', i can only hope my laptime would be better....but i doubt it.

On to next challenge.

I wont be running this again and I'm pretty annoyed I left so much on track but that's life I suppose! :ouch: I wanted another .150 at the line and even when I hit my only ever 43.9 @ T2 I couldn't keep it together through the last section :dunce: here's my final splits...

Was a technical yet fun combo and looking forward to more rally in the future 👍 GL to all in the results :cheers:

edit: Time submitted

Giving up on this one, what a waste of time and effort.
Congrats Mr P on your victory.

Don't spit the dummy just yet :sly: The final sector is full of surprises in WRS :)

I know but what are the odds that a top notch player such as Mr P missed T3 on such a scale? I came to terms with my loss, it seems that I'm not as invincible as I thought... let me be honest, I really felt untouchable throughout the entire week and this is a good slap on my ego, which is always a good thing.
Great job Mr P, I'll say it again and I'm sorry that I couldn't put up more of a fight (seems that rally isn't my thing).

I know the feeling well Fobia :ouch: I reckon it will be close mate... my last section is far from perfect and should have been .1 faster in that section alone :nervous:

As for Rallying not being your thing??? you are only .1 off at T2... strange old game GT and that last section will show who held there nerves best! it was a cool battle and hope we do it again on rally soon 👍

Nearly forgot to submit my time :lol:, done 👍. Twitchy when things go quiet it normally means there is a storm coming, MrP being the storm :P anyway I think it will still be close between you two. It will also be close for 2nd and 3rd in Division 2 me Jack and ash are so close, can't wait for the results :D.

I screwed up the chance of my first WRS win in week 39, maybe that's why I haven't competed since :lol: (Not the reason though)

I was top of the split board but posted before the results went up that I knew I had messed up my chance in the final sector. Turned out when the results were posted I was right, and just about managed to hold on to 2nd place.

Don't rule yourself out yet, like Mr P said, his final section isn't perfect :)

I'm beginning to worry myself. My t3 is .25 off my best, and my submitted lap is .01 slower than my previous splits. I also saw that green had some very fast splits earlier this week that he replaced with what I assume is a faster lap. This is the best shot I've had at a win, I hope I didn't screw it up.

Also hoping that everyone has moved on to next week.

Last edited:

Unfortunately, I did not have a really good T3 to go along with those splits. I'll keep trying for a bit longer.

I screwed up the chance of my first WRS win in week 39, maybe that's why I haven't competed since :lol: (Not the reason though)

I was top of the split board but posted before the results went up that I knew I had messed up my chance in the final sector. Turned out when the results were posted I was right, and just about managed to hold on to 2nd place.

Don't rule yourself out yet, like Mr P said, his final section isn't perfect :)

Hehe, I'm fairly happy with my T3, considering it's only 0.030 off my personal best... we'll see, but the anticipation is killing me, might give it another go.

Sorry to drop this in so late, but my conscience just wouldn't me skip a Lancia event (so it's not a Beta 2000, but hey...), even if I'm rubbish at rally.

Short aborted session earlier in the week, distraction at Laguna Seca, but one long determined push last night got me:

T3 is still probably quite weak, but it was alright by my standards, and I'll be happy to get out alive with soft targets met.

First time I've really run rally with the wheel, and it was actually huge fun once stuff started finally working (like the first time you manage a 21ish T1 - feels like you just shoot out of there!)

Great combo on the limit, even if I couldn't string anything like a whole lap together that way (e.g., WOT out of the end of T1 would almost always plant me in the wall rather than the chicane entry :banghead:, but it'll be awesome to see on the replays, and I did manage it a couple of times). Even recovering when slower was fun when it worked. Kudos to the fast guys around here - nerves of steel!

Many innocent dandelions mowed down in the name of progress. Submitting.

Essentially the same T2 split, but a much better T3 now even if still far from perfect. Submitting with these splits.

Got a last run in.... kind of wish I hadn't now. Improved 0.03 at the line but during the session I set a new PB through sector 3 that means my theoretical best is now nearly 4 tenths quicker than my actual best lap. Oh well, a fun week in any case.

Submitting with:

Good luck everyone. :cheers:

I'm beginning to worry myself. My t3 is .25 off my best, and my submitted lap is .01 slower than my previous splits. I also saw that green had some very fast splits earlier this week that he replaced with what I assume is a faster lap. This is the best shot I've had at a win, I hope I didn't screw it up.

Also hoping that everyone has moved on to next week.

I tried to catch you Baron.:)

All I ended up doing was finding another half a tenth in T3. So now my best OT is 1 tenth slow in T3! haha

Anyhow submitting with splits on the board and Baron I hope you did it this time.👍

Latest Posts

Back