GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
I haven't done anything on dirt since the last seasonal. I think that was this track forward. May as well try and see what I can figure out. I'm terrible on anything slidey. :embarrassed: Hopefully twitchy's tips will give me a direction to go.

I saw a .3 T1 when I had my stint, even had a .7 T2 just to lose it in T3, I'm going to go hard on this one, seeing me 0.250 behind current first doesn't feel nice (even though I pretty much nailed T3 ;)).

What a fun rythym track. Smooth and nose down without knocking the cars front teeth out has to be the trick for this one I think :dunce:

T1: 21.061
T2: 25.141

:)

I'll be having a go at this one over the next couple of days. I did pretty well on dirt the other times but it usually takes me a little while to adapt to it.

I'm baffled, haven't hit a single .1 in T2 so far, I'm pretty much 🤬 off, again flushed a .7 T2 (hit the track boundary coming out of the hairpin :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬).
Also, this combo is really cooking my GT3 RS, it's getting boiling hot so I can't have more than 1 hour stints.

Another squirt to keep it tight :)
Nice progress there Lefty 👍
....hit the track boundary coming out of the hairpin :banghead: 🤬 :banghead: 🤬
That's rallying - I'm getting 1 in 5 clean laps and have thrown away a 44.507 at T2. Just be calm.

Hopeless 3rd sector compared to my best. Seeing 20.5s regularly now and my best 2nd sector so far is 23.991. I used to be hopeless at rally events but WRS seems to have exorcised my demons... enjoying this one immensely. Thanks Christophe :cheers:

Seen a few .6 at T2 but I couldn't match my T3, got into .1 in T2 but wih an awful T1, so the catch is - fast T1 yields a slow T2, slow T1 yields a fast T2. That's how I see it, all due to speeds and such.
I don't know, not happy with this. I hope tomorrow I'll string a lap together which is worthy of submitting.

I don't know, not happy with this. I hope tomorrow I'll string a lap together which is worthy of submitting.
Not used to being beaten are you...? No pressure on me since I don't expect to win, I just do the best I can. You might want to try that approach... :sly: And yeah, I'm pretty happy with my splits so far, thanks for the props 👍

Cool combo I love it 👍 well apart from that little make or break turn over the wooden planks before T1 :scared: so far my best clean save has...

Seen many 20.5's at T1 so could be an interesting week on the dirt :cheers: Wicked splits posted so far guys 👍

edit:

Last edited:

At first I didnt like this car and how it was tuned for dirt. Now Im loving it man that lap was so freaking cool feeling!:lol:

Still driving DS3.

I'm crap in the dirt. Even with FF turned to 1 its beating my wheel to death and a horrid fight. I imagine I'll leave it at this, unless I try the DS3

Nevermind...Tried with the DS3, guess I have fully acclimated to the wheel, cant even come close to this.

Last edited:
Ya have to keep the nose pointed ahead or it'll die on this one. I am not good with this type of car, so won't post splits that are embarrass-lying slow.

Last edited:
Gutted!!! I threw away a 20.4 / 23.7 all in the last section :ouch:
small update anyway and still a crap last section but just enough to pass my best save :grumpy:

Going back on this tomorrow :) GL all :cheers:

Yeah I knew on my previous lap I didnt do a PB thru T3 but I didnt know my PB wasnt so hot I mean I did tons of laps and never got within say 2 tenths of my old PB and I just beat it by alot. haha

Well for me, I think it was discovering I could go flat out through the right - left - right after T1. I probably gained a small bit in the chicane and hairpin too by just being smoother.

Great splits Ron and Greg 👍 It's going to be a fun week chasing those down. :cheers:

What settings are you guys using for this if you don't mind me asking, my time was done with ABS 1 cant remember brakes but normally around 4/5 of 5/7 and no other aids. I've tried using ABS 5 but wasn't a fan.

Well for me, I think it was discovering I could go flat out through the right - left - right after T1. I probably gained a small bit in the chicane and hairpin too by just being smoother.

I always go flat out through there and yet I get 24.4 usually, with a 24.3 when it feels nailed (had 1 24.1)...
Maybe my bb of 1/8 is beeing problematic.

What settings are you guys using for this if you don't mind me asking, my time was done with ABS 1 cant remember brakes but normally around 4/5 of 5/7 and no other aids. I've tried using ABS 5 but wasn't a fan.
Well I was using 5/1 with ABS on 1 but for my latest splits I used 8/1 with ABS on 8, helped me stop a bit quicker. :)

I always go flat out through there and yet I get 24.4 usually, with a 24.3 when it feels nailed (had 1 24.1)...
Maybe my bb of 1/8 is beeing problematic.
Hmmm, strange, I thought that's where I was gaining most of my time, if you already do that then... I don't know hah.:dunce:

New splits,

Your serve Lefty.:lol:

EDK
The Logitec wheels have some weird stuff with rally, sort of a jackhammer effect. Maybe try turning FFB down to 1 in the options menu and see what effect that has.
Yes, definitely go low FFB to save the wheel for this.

I assume all is track, no wall contact as per usual?

Back