GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
The big problem is FFB strength doesn't work for rally, so it's always set to the max, no matter what number you put it.

EDIT:

Got my spirits up to be honest, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from perfect but at least makes me feel better, a lot better! 👍 :cheers:

EDIT:
New splits, happy with this lap, great T3 to go with it.

Last edited:
Lucky you twitchy :lol:

Done another 20 laps with BB 8/1 ABS 8 to see if would help .......... :yuck:

better lap by .09 :indiff: I just can't carry the speed in T2 anytime I do manage it. I clip a wall or do something stupid :yuck:, had a 20.6 in T1 I can do it just not very often and when I do I freak out and mess the rest of the lap up. :ouch::ouch::ouch:

Cheers guys! here's what I used...

FFB-1 / ABS-1 / Brakes 8 / 4

Looking forward to booting this up later, I'm pretty sure there's a 44.0 at T2 for some lucky person who can thread the needle perfectly :scared:👍

Cheers guys! here's what I used...

FFB-1 / ABS-1 / Brakes 8 / 4

Looking forward to booting this up later, I'm pretty sure there's a 44.0 at T2 for some lucky person who can thread the needle perfectly :scared:👍

I thought that too, 44.0 T2 is possible, but the problem is following - a fast T1 (.3) carries too much speed into the bends, meaning it's almost impossible to nail the chicane. I'll do some more driving and see what I can come up with.
Great splits by the way. 👍
As for me I'm using ABS 4 / brakes 1/8 (staying true to my extremes =p).

EDIT:
New splits, I pretty much hit the lap, the only place to get time is T2, I'll spend the rest of the week trying to catch those last .2.

Last edited:
Trully great competition so far. Very close on the board and over 2 tenths left on the track, crazy.

Hi guys, I'm back after about a years break.

I usually hate dirt and relatively low powered cars so I was half ready to not do this one, however since it is the only week I will have time until the summer break to give it a good go then I decided to give it a go, and crikey its awesome, this car has just the perfect balance between grip and slide. The trick with this car is to get the front in when you need it to on the last sector me thinks.

Anyway 10 laps into it here is my splits just to get the times on the board.

Still a way off the pace, but i feel there is still quite a bit of time to be gained.

EDIT:

New lap significantly faster.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely go low FFB to save the wheel for this.

I assume all is track, no wall contact as per usual?

Everything is track, yes. He does address it in last bullet of race specifics. Just be careful of invisiwalls.

Made some improvement today. Still time in sector 2 to get. Was all over the place through the esses.

Last edited:
oh nooooooo, I didn't realise you had to be signed in for it to save the replay as GTP_green it just says user1 on the replay :ouch:. I don't believe that lol

EDit

Last edited:
Seriously good splits! not sure why they are funny? but whatever tickles you mate :dopey:

👍

Because they're insane, and can you imagine how much I choked. Good thing is I lost only 1 tenth to my PB T3 (which was very alien so I'm not worried).
I was like "OMG .1 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" *scrapes to the finish line*. :lol:

.001 slower lap than the one I posted above but this one has GTP_GREEN in the replay :D

Looks like fun. I'll see if I can't get a couple laps in on this. :sly:

Edit: I forgot how much I despised the gearing and brakes on this car...

Edit2:

T1: 21.667
T2: 25.962

Last edited:
oh nooooooo, I didn't realise you had to be signed in for it to save the replay as GTP_green it just says user1 on the replay :ouch:. I don't believe that lol

EDit

Green, next time you're in the XMB, and are about to select "user1", hit Triangle instead and change the username to GTP_Green. Then offline replays will also be branded with GTP_Green. 👍

Green, next time you're in the XMB, and are about to select "user1", hit Triangle instead and change the username to GTP_Green. Then offline replays will also be branded with GTP_Green. 👍

Ok thanks, I was wondering what happened. I'll remember to do that 👍

Just blew a 44.201 at T2 and lost it all in the last section due to the same reason I lost my 44.2 last night... split watching!! :mad:

...must stop looking at my T2 but that is a task all in itself :dunce::dunce::dunce:

I feel for you Mr P, I'm gratefull that I managed to finish my current PB, since finishing it is a task in itself.
Oh, I seen a .2 in T1 on today's stint. :crazy:

Getting faster. Gained some time in T1 but lost a few tenths in T2.

T1: 21.249
T2: 25.248

Did 35 laps and thought I was incredibly fast and lucky in the corners... and then I looked at the Leaderboard.

Anyway, to get a time down:

Back