GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
You would think growing up in the Arizona desert, learning to drive on dirt roads, would have taught me something about how to go fast on this track.

Apparently not:

Last edited:
Got a little time for some laps, checked leaderboard, and there was racingworld, Div 5 kicking it! Great splits, gonna have some work ahead!

Thanks Jack, and Raceryder, that lap was magical at that time, but i gotta tell you guys, that i have a better one, where i gained another 0.6 at the finish, but i did not post the splits yet, as i have to check if it s clean all the way...

Still feeling i can make up some time here and there.... ;)

Thanks Jack, and Raceryder, that lap was magical at that time, but i gotta tell you guys, that i have a better one, where i gained another 0.6 at the finish, but i did not post the splits yet, as i have to check if it s clean all the way...

Still feeling i can make up some time here and there.... ;)

I think you've been SANDbagging the whole time :sly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbagging_(racing)

EDIT: I was making a joke, not a great one though. My brain is all funny now running on Red Bull

Yes i know 👍 , and thanks for the info, glad i learned something. But 'sandbagging' is out of the question, lol, last night for example, i ran about 85laps on that track before reaching my best time...so it is just practise, the more practise, the better times.... (to be honest; i think i passed that start/finisch line for at least two hundred times now)

Some splits from yesterday.

Plenty more to come if I can manage it as I've seen plenty of 20.6 T1s and my best T2 is a 24.0, it's would be great if I could do this all in one lap, but I'd be happy with taking one or two tenths off my overall time right now.

2 pieces of advice. One is to short shift I recommend never short shifitng so that the revs drop below 4 on the tacometer however. I do ocassionally but really if you want to pull out of a corner strongly try to keep the Revs at 4000

2nd piece of advice is you can do a downshift to help you get better turn in on some corners.

Its a good and bad thing to learn because always downshift on entries to corners can slow you down mid corner also. Sector 1 the corner after the bridge you could downshift to first to get the car to turn right? but then you risk slowing down to much mid corner.

So when you drive MT sometimes your faced with a choice corner in the low gear to help turn in or corner in the higher gear to keep the mid corner up. you play with it thru corners finding what ever is fastest especially on dirt.

If this tranny was tuned better with more usable gears Id give you a boatload of advice but its uneccesary.

You can do it I learned to drive MT on dirt myself took just like 2 days is all knew mostly what I told you is all.

Remeber high revs can seem falsly fast. I guess the engine sound really makes you think your hauling even if your not sometimes.

Shifting into 3rd just before the 2nd hump after the start. 1st for turn 1, short shift to 2nd when you start to straighten up. (I'm 'short' shifting at about 6200-6500 rpm mostly.) 1st again for the left after the bridge, same short shift to 2nd when you're getting straight. 3rd before you get to the T1 split and stay in 3rd until you brake for the chicane. 1st for the entry of the chicane, 2nd as you exit. 1st for the hairpin and shifting as with turn 1. 2nd for the right at the bottom of the hill, drop to 1st as you turn in to the left hander. Stay in 1st for the right , up to 2nd on the bridge and if you're positioned correctly you can take the last left in 2nd for the run to the line.

Thanks a lot guys, will try both sets of advice when I get on later and tell you the results, can't see myself gaining any time though!

Edit: So frustrating, it doesn't seem to be shifting through the corners that's the issue now, I think I have that sorted (thanks guys), but more the braking points, especially just before that left at the bridge, which is just an absolute stinker, as well as that chicane in T2. I think I'm getting there though, managed these respectable splits:

T1 - 20.822
T2 - 24.368

Tough but I'm going to try and hold out for this combo, I think I'm slowly getting there.

Edit 2: Kept the faith and got really lucky! Very happy with these splits, just messed up the last sector..

T1 - 20.705
T2 - 24.191

Had a few 20.6xx's so if I can string it together right I may just get a good lap!

Last edited:
You would think growing up in the Arizona desert, learning to drive on dirt roads, would have taught me something about how to go fast on this track.

Apparently not:

Say I wonder if your having the trouble I had when I first tried rally in this game?

I couldnt bronze the Loeb challenges and mostly it was because I always kept my wheels on the dirt road itself. haha

In real life would you ever not drive on the dirt road itself? I never would we have barrow pits or long falls off the sides of mountains!

Plus there could be a huge boulder hidden in the grass or weeds.:)

I nearly hit a great lap but I made a mistake at the chicane and nearly hit the wall, still a good improvement though.

20.551 :D
24.256 :ouch:

The final sector is near my best so far too. This is a good banker lap and if I can beat it even better.:)

Say I wonder if your having the trouble I had when I first tried rally in this game?

I couldnt bronze the Loeb challenges and mostly it was because I always kept my wheels on the dirt road itself. haha

In real life would you ever not drive on the dirt road itself? I never would we have barrow pits or long falls off the sides of mountains!
Plus there could be a huge boulder hidden in the grass or weeds.:)

I wish it was that Jack. I just can't seem to get this track at all....yet. I have had first sector split times of .5 seconds better than what I posted only to slam the fence a hundred yards down the road or coming out of the chicane to spoil it.

I am so friggin fast when I am out of control and then I am so sloooow when I try to tame it.

I've got a few days left to get a handle on it, which isn't really saying much considering the time I had to spend golding the Loeb challenge!!:nervous:

At any rate, having a blast trying.

Think I'm at the stage of giving up, just not having fun driving around this track, never have. Good times are very few and far between, and even when I find them, I end up finding the wall too. Not going to take the risk this time.

I should say my T3 was abit off, mainly because I was clock watching and seen my T2 time. So I still think I'm still abit off Division 1 pace but that lap was by far my best yet don't know If I'll be able to repeat those splits.

Yeah I was feeling pressure having 3 D2s ahead of me now Green really upped the ante.👍

Big time upped it but I dont fold easily.:)

Edit:

Good I guess. haha

Last edited:
Update:-

Not a good T3 and there is still more time if I can nail a near perfect lap. This was the case for the last two weeks too though and I never managed it then and because of that I didn't make the podium. I don't want that to happen again.:nervous:

Yeah I was feeling pressure having 3 D2s ahead of me now Green really upped the ante.👍

Big time upped it but I dont fold easily.:)

Edit:

Good I guess. haha

Knowing your speed and everything (I enjoy watching old TT leaderboards ._.) I'm suprised you're not in D1.
Great T1 👍, now clean up that T2. :sly:

Knowing your speed and everything (I enjoy watching old TT leaderboards ._.) I'm suprised you're not in D1.
Great T1 👍, now clean up that T2. :sly:

Are you talking about the WRS or seasonal TT?

I wish I could see T2 like I can see T1 but so far Im blind I cant really see it if you know what I mean?

Not even reading descriptions seems to help.

If this was a seasonal TT I would see because Id have a replay to see it from. lol

Edit: I just saw T2....however Im calling it a day. Just like to quit while Im ahead and on a positive note.

Go Green go Ashe go Con Rollins go Baron...dont give up Biffy you have to pay your dues but if you do you get paid back alot it seems on dirt.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the WRS or seasonal TT?

I wish I could see T2 like I can see T1 but so far Im blind I cant really see it if you know what I mean?

Not even reading descriptions seems to help.

If this was a seasonal TT I would see because Id have a replay to see it from. lol

WRS is what I'm on about.
But I appreciate your performance in seasonal TTs, I never managed to get in top 10... I don't know why, maybe because of a totally different approach when compared to WRS (backed up by the fact that I suck at tuning).

Last edited:
WRS is what I'm on about.
But I appreciate your performance in seasonal TTs, I never managed to get in top 10... I don't know why, maybe because of a totally different approach when compared to WRS (backed up by the fact that I suck at tuning).

Yeah seasonal TT is different its mostly about staying power I guess.

If you can keep going lower dont get bored dont give up you can do very well. That or just be a super driving god but Im not for sure.

As for the WRS yes I have been doing well thru 1 sector at least say high D1 caliber lately(best as I can) Just something I saw Joao start to do long ago so I am working on it some as well.

I dont think it was coincedence he started doing that then was able to do it say thru 2 sectors then eventually the whole track. It might have just progressed that way he never really tried but Ive been doing the WRS a long time. I realised I wasnt seeing any progress so Im trying to now make some happen like he did. The way it seemed he did it.:)

Gained about 0.4s overall, which means my T3 was 0.2s worse than before... but still happy about this improvement. I just hope I'll be able to reproduce it!

Made big gains in Sector 2. Oh, and I mowed all the dandelions down for you Jack.:)

Slight overall improvement. The time put in to improvement ratio is getting pretty slim about now. Hours and hours and endless hours for a tenth? This is getting old...what would Jack say...BIG TIME!

3/10 BETTER AT THE LINE

Last edited:
Back