GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 61 : Vincenzo's Swiss Adventure

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 236 comments
Hi everybody. Looking forward to getting back into the weekly events. Just thought I would pop on to give all of the Australians out there still running with the DS3 like myself a heads up that on The Catch of the day iPhone and I assume android app and possibly their website they have the G27 Wheel set up for $208 plus postage of at the most $20 in Australia. It's up for the next 60 hours. Also I noticed an add on their website that of you download their new app you will receive 5% off of your next purchase. I didn't know the best place to post this so as this is where I usually go here it is. If you know anyone pass on the message. I assume there are limited numbers and I am hoping that the mrs has gone on already to buy me a present. Fingers crossed.

very little improvement, and a minor loss on sector 2, only gained 0.125 sec at the finish.

Good improvement, had a .415 in t1 and there's a little left in t3 but it's very hard to get. I reached my goal, so I'm pretty happy.

This is it, I am done. I surrender Dale and others above me! Great challenge! I can chase my ghost for another 200 laps I don't think I will catch him.

Al

I thought the same thing Al! I just can't let Racingworld lead Div 4 and 5. Race On!

I thought the same thing Al! I just can't let Racingworld lead Div 4 and 5. Race On!

great splits man...
Lol, i will attempt my final run's tonight, as i have the feeling i can still improve on mine...

Good improvement, had a .415 in t1 and there's a little left in t3 but it's very hard to get. I reached my goal, so I'm pretty happy.

Nice looks like it's going to very tight in Division 2 we're all slowley closing the the gap to Division 1. There's only .1 of a difference between 4 of us :drool::dopey:

Best sector 1 ever on a clean lap, worse sector 2, but posting the splits as i improved on my overall laptime:tup:, still think there is more to find....

Edit:

Think i am reaching my limits now.....improved on my lap time aswell with 0.1s

Last edited:
Hi guys, been busy all week with RL and been away from this for too long, I managed to grab a couple of hours earlier and my best save now has...

Seen some 44.1's at T2 but I still turn to Mr Jellyarms through the last section by default and scrub it all :dunce: will plug away some more after dinner until I hit my target... if possible? :dopey:

Great splits being posted in all Divisions! :cheers: GL to all 👍

Great splits Mr P. 👍

EDIT:
Had a quick go at this again, after a 4 day break and all I can say is wow... I'm absolutely useless, struggling with ffb, struggling with my accuracy, struggling with T1 (now that's new), can't even pass through T2 without crashing and I couldn't even string a lap, after 15 minutes I've dropped it.
My submission stays since I lost my touch for this event, a lesson for everybody - don't let rally events cool off on you, since when you come back it'll all be day 1 no matter how much time you've spent (comparing with week 59 which I also left for a few days and when I returned I was as good as when I left it, even better).
Good thing is that I'm happy with my current time, which is only less than 0.050 off my theorethical best.

Last edited:
Just couldn't let go.... the Nordwand kept on calling me, and i wanted to give div.4 a good competition as nobody in div 5 enters :guilty:

last splits :

Just couldn't let go.... the Nordwand kept on calling me, and i wanted to give div.4 a good competition as nobody in div 5 enters :guilty:

last splits :

Incredible performance my hat is off to you.👍

I would shake your hand but I cant.:)

My PBs say theres 5 1/2 tenths left in the track! No I didnt blow T3. haha But yesterday I found another tenth and a half in T3. I left one in it this lap.

So anyhow I got no clue if im doing well in D2 or not but personally Im not doing well yet at all. Happens, some weeks I leave alot of time.

Incredible performance my hat is off to you.👍

I would shake your hand but I cant.:)

My PBs say theres 5 1/2 tenths left in the track! No I didnt blow T3. haha But yesterday I found another tenth and a half in T3. I left one in it this lap.

So anyhow I got no clue if im doing well in D2 or not but personally Im not doing well yet at all. Happens, some weeks I leave alot of time.

Thank you, and just now, the worst thing you can think of happend to me, i was able to get 0.6s of my lap time, euforic, and then forgot to save the replay......👎 :banghead::banghead:

Just did 50 laps on the trot with the sound off in AT and was surprised to improve. I don't know if I was imagining things but it seemed to get a bit quicker after about 25 laps.

Thank you, and just now, the worst thing you can think of happend to me, i was able to get 0.6s of my lap time, euforic, and then forgot to save the replay......👎 :banghead::banghead:

Ive done that twice in a row one week near the end of the week forgot to save my replay but I still went lower than both those laps.:)

I then quadruple checked that I saved the ghost replay before exiting from the arcade mode. So good luck, I think you can beat that time again.👍

Ive done that twice in a row one week near the end of the week forgot to save my replay but I still went lower than both those laps.:)

I then quadruple checked that I saved the ghost replay before exiting from the arcade mode. So good luck, I think you can beat that time again.👍

Afther the dissapointment had gone, i scrapped myself togheter and then came up with this;

not quite as good as the one i forgot to save, but it will ease my mind for tonight. Will give it tomorrow my last run :)

OK, back to the Alps, WTG Racingworld! Hey Jack, any hints on how to beat this guy?

Last edited:
Great splits Mr P. 👍

Cheers mate 👍

Good thing is that I'm happy with my current time, which is only less than 0.050 off my theorethical best.

I have been .7 behind at T2 many times and ended .3 behind my best save at the line :crazy: I think I will just keep pushing it until I can't beat my ghost in any of the sectors!
I reckon there is a 20.2 T1 and 43.9 at T2 roughly half a second up for grabs with my guess at the perfect lap :) Here's my best so far with a sloppy T3...

update:

23.700 ( had a 43.9 and blew it at T3 same as this lap... still .2 for me to collect :mad: )

Best T1 so far was 20:310 so I want that .150 at the least before i give up 👍
GL all :cheers:

Last edited:
:sly:New Splits. :bowdown:Your turn racingworld! I think your going to join div 4 soon, might as well race you as such.:nervous: Keeps me sharp!:sly:

Last edited:
Found out that my 3 best laps were dirty. Had barbed wire through the mirror on the same corner.

Almost gave up, but decided to give it one more try.

T3 wasn't so hot but it's still within .01 of my best.

:sly:New Splits. :bowdown:Your turn racingworld! I think your going to join div 4 soon, might as well race you as such.:nervous: Keeps me sharp!:sly:

I hope i can join div4 quickly cause there is no battle in div5. I will have a go tonight again, to much racing on TV goin' on...;)

congrats on your very fast splits....

Amazing splits Ron, great going this week mate 👍 Good luck finding that last bit.

Cheers mate 👍

I have been .7 behind at T2 many times and ended .3 behind my best save at the line :crazy: I think I will just keep pushing it until I can't beat my ghost in any of the sectors!
I reckon there is a 20.2 T1 and 43.9 at T2 roughly half a second up for grabs with my guess at the perfect lap :) Here's my best so far with a sloppy T3...

Great splits again, looks like it'll be a fun run to the line! :)

Well I think my Swiss adventure has come to an end can't beat my best time after another 20 laps. So think I'm gona move on to next weeks challange anyway it's been a great battle in D2 this week good luck to everyone still turning laps and here's a little guide for anyone thats struggling (ps this guide probably won't help :lol:)

EigerNordwandWTrail.jpg

Turn 1 keep the inside line there should be no dead daffodils on the outside of this turn :P.

EigerNordwandWTrail_1.jpg

Braking point ?? what braking point :D

EigerNordwandWTrail_2.jpg

Take the shortcut in sector 2 :confused:

EigerNordwandWTrail_3.jpg

teleport into sector 3 :eek:

EigerNordwandWTrail_4.jpg

smoke your way through sector 3 :sly:

EigerNordwandWTrail_5.jpg

then power on home :mischievous:

OK, back to the Alps, WTG Racingworld! Hey Jack, any hints on how to beat this guy?

I first noticed this at Rome a few weeks ago bigtime, counter steer on exits even a tiny bit because you have to and you lose time.

Everyone thinks rally cars and countersteering is how you go fast I mean watch the AI drive in the replay mode they swing the ass big left big right big left but to swing it that much on exits you have to counter steer and for the most part, you actually have to countersteer on exits in this game you go slow not fast.

So how to keep a car under control if you cant counter steer? Easy reduce steering angle to at most nuetral. Just try to as much as possible not to counter steer and it works on tarmac on dirt it works with a wheel it works with a DS3, it works.

Dont get confused however that its neccesarily bad to counter steer a little on a corner entry and complex corners where an exit immediatly becomes an entry then the slight counter steer makes the entry easier to hit.:)

The whole turn out then turn in thing in a nutshell is I think counter steering. But I just think of it as steering for corner entries.

The laws is for exits and I even used this at HSR to come in 3rd overall when several D1s particapated with my wheel so I know its law man you can reduce steering angle as you nail the trhottle then turn in more I seen one of the fastest mofos in the world always do this move in seasonals but with high powered rear drive cars out of corners where its hard not to lose the rear.

To go quick it seems to all be about releasing steering angle and when and how much on the exit side. Then of course you have the entry rules.

One I think might be D1 law Im not sure but I feel it is now is brake earlier brke slighter get on the power harder. This ones real weird because when you actually do it(not just drive real slow) you dont even feel like your driving fast you feel like your driving slow because its so easy to do its not funny compared to braking late braking hard with ideal timing.

You will take so much speed thru mid corner but you wont feel it really it feels slow not fast because theres no sense of danger when you do it.(bridge corners the perfect example in T1)

It however messes with a guys mind bigtime it messes with mine bigtime it always has bigtime.

Why? becasue at first to go fast I have to drive fast but as I near the pinacle of as fast as posible to drive fast I have to feel Im driving slow!

I know this is mostly responsible for me not being able to run within 1 second of my OTs quite often and then magically destroy them. Either Im trying to drive fast being to agressive and go slow or Im trying to drive slow to drive fast and just drive slow. haha

Hope this helps you out a little maybe alot in the future. You could already know it and if you do then the answer is run alot of laps and never give up, its what racing world is doing.:)

Last edited:
It however messes with a guys mind bigtime it messes with mine bigtime it always has bigtime.
:scared: :dopey: Something certainly does... Bigtime! :sly:

Probably my last run on this one - Busy day tomorrow but its been a fun week. I've always loved rally events.

Lost a tenth in sector 3 but still up a fraction at the line. On best splits I can theoretically go 0.2 quicker on the lap but I really don't think that is going to happen... those last 2 tenths haunt me every week. Except when they are 5 tenths instead. :dopey:

Darn it... I really wanted to put more time in to this, as I really love rally racing... just been soooo busy. I'm going to submit with my fastest now, but I may just be able to get some more time in this afternoon.

Back