GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
Hi all great combo to come back on I just hope I get to give it enough time. Just to clarify can we purchase body parts to change aero? Also do the wheels have to be standard? Thanks

Aero parts are allowed and you can change the rims if you want to. The only upgrades not allowed are the engine stage upgrades and turbo kit upgrades.

Hi all great combo to come back on I just hope I get to give it enough time. Just to clarify can we purchase body parts to change aero? Also do the wheels have to be standard? Thanks

you can change everything, just do not touch the motor level or turbo's...

First splits

Early days yet, so still a bit in it once I get used to it, break in the car fully and pinch a tune from one of the fast guys.:sly:

Ok lets try and get a picture of my ride up.:)

grandvalleyeastr.jpg

Man ol Fetchy's standing too close to the glue pot thinking my gearing was my splits :lol:

T1: 19.340
T2: 19.860

Cool setup Jack 👍

Awesome Lefty Im glad it helped you out.

Try using what I call ones over twos on the dampers. Just set the compression to 2.

If it didnt also help me go quicker thru the other sectors I wouldnt have kept it but it really helped me take time out of T3. Then one crazy lap where I did horrible for me to T1(good is a low 1 so far).....a big crazy fluke thru 1 corner occured.

I did a 501 thru T2. I wont say how unless lower division guys start pulling 5s and others can only pull 8s its just one corner and the move is extremly insane I think.

I once saw Zoky Cro do it in a seasonal and win and no other guys in all of top ten could do it!

I spent 2 weeks learning to because altho it looked like a freak accident that just happened to give him 3 tenths thru just one corner I tried to do the accident on purpose myself. Its possible to but not highly probable.

I got to now do it on purpose to try and beat Biffy but hes driving like hes a D1 no doubt about that at all whatsoever.👍

Im often amazed just how awesome some D2 drivers really are you know? Scary awesome sometimes for sure.:)

I got to now do it on purpose to try and beat Biffy but hes driving like hes a D1 no doubt about that at all whatsoever.👍

Im often amazed just how awesome some D2 drivers really are you know? Scary awesome sometimes for sure.:)

haha, I'm no D1 driver, I'd like to be and it is one of my goals, but that is something I have to work a lot on and push myself to improve in all areas ;) Every WRS week I do feel like I'm improving mind, because I'm trying all sorts of ways to do the same thing (e.g a tricky corner), and discovering new ways of doing such things, but I still have a long road (no pun intended) ahead of me. Plus the tips are incredibly helpful here, including yours. I couldn't stress to any new WRS'ers how vital a little advice from a veteran such as yourself and many other regulars can be. I've picked up a lot and it's definitely helped improve as a driver 👍

Anyway, enough blabbing from me, here's my new splits. I'm so happy with them I could marry them :dopey: Never thought I would ever get this close to the guys at the top!

T1: 19.099
T2: 19.308

Now just don't go any faster than those Biffy otherwise I think you'll have me beat this week.:sly: I can probably go that fast but only if I get everything right, so it will be tough as it is.:)

I would stand no chance if I had to use a DS3 however.:crazy:

D1 splits :mischievous:

Sweet! 👍 Looks like I'd better get some work done on this soon.... :nervous:

Im often amazed just how awesome some D2 drivers really are you know?
Its a short hop sometimes... remember me, Joao, Rees, Plato and Pekka all started as D2ers. In fact I was D3 Bronze back in Prologue. And even Wes was in D2 once :scared:

Its a short hop sometimes... remember me, Joao, Rees, Plato and Pekka all started as D2ers. In fact I was D3 Bronze back in Prologue. And even Wes was in D2 once :scared:

Also I was a D3 gold guy at the start of GT5 and now I'm not that far of the slower end of D1 pace, although I'm quite happy to stay as D2 gold for a while yet, I'm no where near ready for D1 yet.:scared:

Nice splits Biffy 👍

Going to be tight in the end off the week :dopey:

Some more laps and just blew a 38.338 on the last corner so i turned off PS3 :banghead:

haha, I'm no D1 driver, I'd like to be and it is one of my goals, but that is something I have to work a lot on and push myself to improve in all areas ;) Every WRS week I do feel like I'm improving mind, because I'm trying all sorts of ways to do the same thing (e.g a tricky corner), and discovering new ways of doing such things, but I still have a long road (no pun intended) ahead of me. Plus the tips are incredibly helpful here, including yours. I couldn't stress to any new WRS'ers how vital a little advice from a veteran such as yourself and many other regulars can be. I've picked up a lot and it's definitely helped improve as a driver 👍

Anyway, enough blabbing from me, here's my new splits. I'm so happy with them I could marry them :dopey: Never thought I would ever get this close to the guys at the top!

T1: 19.099
T2: 19.308

Um Yes, I followed your logic and agreed with you totally then WHABAM! low 3 splits thru T2. haha

I find it great your doing so well and am really happy for you its awesome keep riding that wave of fun.👍

Thought I would post my car. This was on my last run last night. Way too close for my comfort! Think I could shave a few tenths off if I just get another inch or two closer to the edge?:scared::nervous:

GrandValleyEast.jpg

GrandValleyEast1.jpg

I know it looks like I am going to drive right off the curb into the grass on the last shot, but I was in a slight 4 wheel drift and just skirted by. At least I couldn't find anywhere where the tire was in the grass after about 20-30 trys of freezing the replay at different points.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Yeah Con. I can see you have the wheel countered a bit, the car just hasn't reacted yet :sly: . It's all good. Nice job !

Last edited:
Mercedes collection is growing :),
Check the first post.👍

33p7n2xs.jpg

grandvalleyeastr.jpg

grandvalleyeast2dd.jpg

grandvalleyeastaaa.jpg

Last edited:
Who's got 583bhp? I do!

Had bob run it in, what a difference. Added ballast to the trunk, and went for it. It smokes the crap out of the outside front tire and the back starts to step out, but just let off and it grips up and leaves like it's been fired from a cannon.

Was starting to get frustrated, as I was not getting my pace the last few weeks. This made me feel MUCH better. Look out D1! I'm coming for you.

Just ran a 2nd session and I can't go any faster. Infact, I can't get near to my splits, which are already way down the board. There is no grip anywhere and I'm lighting up all the tyres on every corner, fronts first, then rears. I don't get it at all. Giving up and going back to play Fez :lol:

Great splits Jordan & great splits btcanon! 👍

Edit: Rigidity Improvement seems to cause this. That or the little front splitter (non adjustable) which I find it hard to believe. I've never seen it make such a difference. I built a new car and with 43bhp less I was able to go only 1 tenth slower, but more important I didn't draw massive black lines on every single turn. I'll come back to this I think...

Last edited:
Edit: Rigidity Improvement seems to cause this. That or the little front splitter (non adjustable) which I find it hard to believe. I've never seen it make such a difference. I built a new car and with 43bhp less I was able to go only 1 tenth slower, but more important I didn't draw massive black lines on every single turn. I'll come back to this I think...

Same here,had to buy a new one.

First few laps in my new car,580 BHP

T1 - 19.313
T2 - 19.811

No wonder tune,followed a bit Eclipse tune guide.

Gearbox,
1-2628
2-1844
3-1389
4-1077
5-870
6-729
7-634
final 5000 max speed 300

0-10
9,7-4,6
7-7
5-5
5-3

1,8-1,5
0-0

brake 7-5

My ride:
grandvalleyeast18.jpg

Last edited:
find this rather difficult, slow improvment :

edit ; happy with a clean and fast lap.

i think there is more to be found on the second sector, dont think i can improve much on t1

Last edited:
Got Bob to run her in and managed this in my first session. Used Sjaak's tune as a base.

Here's my ride. (First shot's natural, the other two use the cross processing filter.)

Thought I'd give this a shot after being absent from the WRS for sooooo long ;).

I'm not finding the car a whole lot of fun to drive, but I'll probably stick at it.

Good session today yielded the following splits

T1: 19.009
T2: 19.330

First go at this.......love the car....nice combo! Been a while....and ot a lot of time to do much more....whatwith the Enduro....however, WRS participation is a good thing when you are able! :)

@Chris....the vid gearing thru turn one helped.....I was running 2nd. :grumpy:

Since a lot are posting car shots....here is mine. :sly:
grandvalleyeast.jpg

Not even sure if these splits are worth posting yet, just using them as an excuse to post my pic :D

6943222888_76579eec8a_b.jpg

Figured I'd join in with the pictures! :)

New Splits to go with it too

T1: 18.954
T2: 19.355

A bit of time lost into hairpin through sector 2, but an improvement in T1 and T3 :)

c63_am10.jpg

Last edited:
Back