GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
The left after the long straight on the start/finish line is killing me. Do I dive into it with full brakes and down shifting like crazy, or coast into it to get the proper line. I am too far to the right for a proper line for turn 2.

Man, have I missed a lot of these things. This combo compelled me just because I love this car, just on the basics it looks amazing. However, my times, and my absence, seem to convey the fact I should be moved down in rank. Hopefully I can make up some ground.

T1: 19.423
T2: 20.474

New splits
and some shots
6943719780_4d0dee9775_b.jpg
7089786185_1c71b955e0_c.jpg

No splits yet but this yellow under- and oversteer monster shouts to be posted ...

GrandValleyOost.jpg

The left after the long straight on the start/finish line is killing me. Do I dive into it with full brakes and down shifting like crazy, or coast into it to get the proper line. I am too far to the right for a proper line for turn 2.

All the way over to the pit wall, not too close though, there is an invisiwall at the end that will cause some trouser staining! Keep just come out to the painted area, between the pit road and the track. Gentle drift up to the top of the left hander let off throttle just before the crest, and start braking/downshifting after the crest...Experiment with how late you can brake there and still make the right hander.

Full throttle til just before the crest..all the way through the corner! Be brave 👍

Update:-

Small split improvement but a few tenths faster than my old lap. By the way I have the rigidity improvement installed, is it that much better without it? If it is I'll have to buy another car because I want to go faster.:D

Very small improvement after a couple of hours going around in circles.

I think my tally is running at about 14 different ways of getting a 19-2 T1 and 0 at going faster :irked:

Last edited:

The corner after the first hairpin?

That right there is the hardest corner for me right now Firecracker.

I would only advise you to remember the cars an understeerer and an oversteerer so you might not get Ideal feeling entrys but if you get on the gas early and hard you can make some corners.

I would lean more towards the coast in solution myself.

Because the other solution I only get to watch my ghost destroy me time wise altho it feels I made a proper entry to that corner and an ideal exit.

By the way I have the rigidity improvement installed, is it that much better without it? If it is I'll have to buy another car because I want to go faster.:D
Nice splits too there Ian 👍 On the rigidity thing.... to be honest, having tested my setup with it installed and without it, there's little difference. Turn in understeer is maybe slightly greater so I've just put the brake balance more rearward for trail braking but the offset is that you can get on the gas slightly earlier so I'm currently using it with the rigidity mod. Go figure... 💡 And yeah I forgot you used to be a D3er in the wayback. :)

Look out D1! I'm coming for you.
Crazy 1st sector mate. 👍 You seem to keep popping these mad bursts of speed out now and then... you need to find a bit of calm consistency and you'll be well quick. :)

Figured I'd join in with the pictures! :)
Making a good entrance with those splits mate. 👍 But... those boots don't go with that coat.. :P

Great going so far mates. Jonas, Joao, Wes. :cheers: Biffy throwing in there too...

I'm off this week with a stomach bug so got some time to kill on this combo... An hour in so far today just to try and understand how this car is working the tyres. Lots of smoking up the fronts which just kills exit speed. Improved my lap a bit anyway.

Not seen any 18.9s in sector 1 yet but got as low as 19.011. Lost 0.2 from my best last sector on this lap too so looking for about 0.25 or so on total time at this point.

I would lean more towards the coast in solution myself.
👍 Coast in and as soon as you see the exit, full throttle.

Crazy 1st sector mate. 👍 You seem to keep popping these mad bursts of speed out now and then... you need to find a bit of calm consistency and you'll be well quick. :)

Still getting better with the wheel. I know I'm not consistent, but if I do get there someday, you'll all be in trouble!

Kinda wrapped up with my injuries, and work and weekly racing series that I do...so this has had to come in fits and starts.

@btcanon/jack5428:
Thanks for the tips guys! 👍 Now if I can dust off you're tailpipes........:drool:

Awesome first few splits Welsh-Don, not so bad from Chris and Joao either! :)

I'm having a hard time with T2 myself. Most of my "good" runs are closer to .4 than .3, and I've only been lower than my current split once. Maybe it's something with the tune, a setup that's quick in T1 might be slower in T2 and vice-versa. :confused: Unless I get a light-bulb moment soon I'm probably going to submit my current time as I can't see a way to improve it except maybe half a tenth in T3.

Not seen any 18.9s in sector 1 yet but got as low as 19.011.
At least with my current setup, it all depends on the LSD. 7/21/5 is the fastest in T1. Even a single point more in decel or lower in initial/accel is slower for me. Higher than 7/21 might be faster but just one point more makes the rear slide out under full power. This is without chassis reinforcement so the precise numbers might not match for you!

Just for reference I'm running:
aero: max
rh: min/min
springs/dampers/arb: all max
camber: 2/1.5
toe: 0/+0.10
close to stock transmission (302 top speed)
lsd: 7/21/5
BB: 5/4

edit: Of course just because I said all of the above I got that one lap where I hit T2 just right, and managed to pull off a decent finish on top of it so I'm pretty pleased with this. Going to submit as a banker lap and give it a try with chassis reinforcement. Just a shame about T1 as I was doing 18s like clockwork until this lap. :dopey:

GrandValleyEast.jpg

Last edited:
Well hello everyone! I won't have much time to do a lot of laps over the next few weeks but it's time to get involved.

Here are my first splits:

T1: 19.510
T2: 20.490

No aids and abs on 1. I can't tune and sometimes feel as if I can't drive either. I can only get faster, right? :scared: :nervous:

I have to say I'm loving the car. Does anyone get together during the week for quick races with the "car of the week"?

🤬🤬🤬

My wheel is broken again. FFB is all over the place.👎:grumpy:
I don't know if I'll submit yet so please take my splits of the leaderboard.

Well hello everyone! I won't have much time to do a lot of laps over the next few weeks but it's time to get involved.

Here are my first splits:

T1: 19.510
T2: 20.490

No aids and abs on 1. I can't tune and sometimes feel as if I can't drive either. I can only get faster, right? :scared: :nervous:

I have to say I'm loving the car. Does anyone get together during the week for quick races with the "car of the week"?

Hi, don't worry too much about the tuning aspect as there are many (myself included) that are not very good at it and some that are. In each weeks thread people will post their tune for anyone to try (when applicable).

As for the "car of the week" online races, yes many of us do every wednesday. Last weeks T.T was thought to be unsuitable for an online race so one from a previous week is being used (Another British Invasion(wk34 t.t) - Jaguar XJR @ Daytona Road) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=250205

All WRS 3D3 online races coming up can be found here.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=248

Not again Wes :ouch: your having the worst run with your wheel of late. I hope these issues can be sorted quickly and permanently for you.

Last edited:

Still driving the tune I posted earlier but with 2 2 dampers on the compression.

I might mess with some toe, I dont know yet, Im going to wait until I feel limitish before playing with my tune anymore.

I got more time to find first just with this tune.👍

tweaking the lsd. Hard to find a sweetspot that works in T1 & 2 . Close as i have come, but choked T3 for a mere .07 at the line:mad:
Seen an 18 but blew the chicane in my excitment.

Perfect pics guys,👍

Nice to see so many combinations.

OP post updated. :)

gtpaspecbob.jpg

gtpddiamond.jpg

gtpwelshbain.jpg

gtpusualsuspect.jpg

gtpyanaran.jpg

gtpraz10.jpg

gtpsteven.jpg

gtpthewilco.jpg

Last edited:
My wheel is broken again. FFB is all over the place.
I don't know if I'll submit yet so please take my splits of the leaderboard.
Sad to hear Wesley ;( hope you find some solution soon.
Splits removed from leaderboard as requested.

Good luck 👍

Getting more and more frustrated with this one, seems it's more about the tune than anything else. I tried every type of setup and just can't get close to the D1 lads and no sign of any improvement. :grumpy: Think I'll leave it for a few days and come back to it...

Yanaran, how you get the top time with the ride height on minimum front and rear and ARB, dampers and springs all on max is beyond me. I thought only noobs max out the settings, obviously not!:P I can not drive with that setup, I tried it but I can't control it.

GTP_Majyk

Hello, new WRS contestant here. I submitted my qualifier a few days ago.

Last edited:
Managed a few more laps this afternoon:

T1: 19.213
T2: 20.068

Now I'm in search of a set up and perhaps try that 6 speed trick I read about.

🤬🤬🤬

My wheel is broken again. FFB is all over the place.👎:grumpy:

What unbelievable bad luck, Wes! You've had more than your fair share... Like others have said, I hope your problems end soon, and permanently.

Well, I sent in my WRS Qualifier, but haven't been put into a division yet but I thought I would give this time trial a shot anyway. I take it I can't send it in for batching yet?

After about 18 laps with no suspension or LSD tuning I managed these two times for my first two sectors:

T1: 19.390
T2: 19.859

Based on the times posted, I need to improve by about four-to-five-tenths in each sector.

Here's some photos I took of my car:
mercedesbenzc634.jpg

mercedesbenzc633.jpg

mercedesbenzc632.jpg

mercedesbenzc631.jpg

Last edited:
Using Sjaak's tune with my own LSD. Because Sjaak didn't post one! hint hint! Thanks for the tune!

Al

Back