GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 62 : Benz - (B)east

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 331 comments
Yanaran, how you get the top time with the ride height on minimum front and rear and ARB, dampers and springs all on max is beyond me. I thought only noobs max out the settings, obviously not!:P I can not drive with that setup, I tried it but I can't control it.
I don't know if it's just me but most of the suspension settings seem like pure placebo. Except in a few rare cases where high/low ride height gives a greater top speed, nothing in the left side settings make any difference to me either in feel or lap times. Usually I just drive completely stock or pick some "neutral" setting someone else posts in the thread (Vagabond most of the time) and the only things I tweak are toe settings and LSD. LSD settings rule supreme for me by far when it comes to tuning, 1 point more in LSD accel makes a bigger difference than going from -30/-30 to +50/+50 ride height.

I'd be more happy than anyone if someone posted a magic tune for this car that made me go faster, but my current settings are just what I put on the car the first time I started breaking in the engine and nothing I've tried since has made a difference so I just stuck with it.

That said, I gave BOB a new car to break in (have been meaning to do the Laguna 200miles anyway) and put chassis reinforcement on it. The feel of the car was much better and I beat my best lap in about 30 minutes. So now I have to get a new paintjob again and beat THAT time so I can submit a lap with the proper colours! :D

Thanks for the kind words here guys. I quote you all, but I'd probably mess that up :)

Happy enough with my lap, but probably a tenth left out there for me if I stick at it. Another session tonight yielded nothing, even though I've seen a few 38.2xx T2 times, I can't convert as usual. I think my last sector is ok (hence struggling to beat my time), however I have gone quicker there :).

@ Yanaran - So the Chassis Reinforcement made the car better for you? Fantastic 2nd sector time by the way 👍

Finally got some time and laps for this TT last night.

T1: 19.389
T2: 19.932

I don't know if it's just me but most of the suspension settings seem like pure placebo. Except in a few rare cases where high/low ride height gives a greater top speed, nothing in the left side settings make any difference to me either in feel or lap times. Usually I just drive completely stock or pick some "neutral" setting someone else posts in the thread (Vagabond most of the time) and the only things I tweak are toe settings and LSD. LSD settings rule supreme for me by far when it comes to tuning, 1 point more in LSD accel makes a bigger difference than going from -30/-30 to +50/+50 ride height.

I found the same to be true concerning ride height. The car seems impervious to this adjustment. I've tried many different setting from max front, min rear, to min front, max rear and everything in between. In the end I end up with the same lap times. The car does seem to respond to a stiff setup though, more stable on the quick transitions.

I spent two hours yesterday trying to improve my time with no success. Managed a couple of 19.1xx T1's, but couldn't improve OA. I was getting rather frustrated, patience isn't one of my virtues.:sly:

I'll try adding the chassis reinforcement as you mentioned and give it another go today. Never been a big fan of this track, probably because I seem to struggle with it. I'll try to keep my road rage to minimum and hopefully improve a bit. There's a couple D4 guys nipping at my heels. Nice splits bt and Al. 👍

@ Yanaran - So the Chassis Reinforcement made the car better for you? Fantastic 2nd sector time by the way 👍
Thanks for the compliment but that sector time was a one-off for sure. I think my second best is almost exactly .3 and next best after that is my previous posted splits around .33. I think the key is to be really light on the brakes both for the double-right aswell as the hairpin as that seems to really rotate the car without losing traction. My fastest pass through the hairpin I used less than 15% brake pressure and the car twirled around the corner so fast I almost wasn't ready to get on the throttle again. :dopey:

As for the chassis upgrade, I know a lot of people say it "increases understeer" but I don't really agree with that in general or in this case in particular. What it seems to do, for me at least, is that it stops the rear end from whipping around when you ease off the brakes. I would call that more stability rather than understeer. Like Vagabond suggested I was able to raise rear brake bias one notch and the overall feeling to the car is now that it's actually more oversteer on corner entry but with less chance of losing the rear into a slide. 👍

At times I would agree with this, but not quite in this case. I always feel like the first run after making a change shows where the improvements helped and after that it just feels like any other set-up like yanaran is experiencing.

However, in this case, I really think it's different. Like U4IK ST8, I found yanaran's set-up to be so radically different than anything I would throw on a car I was reluctant to even try it. But as my times had come to the point of no improvement, I thought I would give one of the aliens setups a try since he was kind enough to post it. Did it help? Yes and no. This is a very complicated track. It has fast sweepers, slow complicated corners, and medium quick 180's.

After turn 2, the 180 degree right hander after the left handed kink in the front straight, I could see my ghost disappearing in my mirror. I was hitting the first sector mark 1.5 to 2 tenths better than anything I had ever done! I was in the 18's. Unbelievable!!! I ain't that good! Immediately, I thought oh oh look out guys here comes the Con Man! Then I hit the sweeper and the combination of rights and left before the tunnel. As I made the right before the left, I watched my ghost sail on by and leave me behind through the tunnel and on to the straight. By the time I reached the start/finish line, I was consistently 3 tenths to 1/2 a second off my best times.

Point is: I really think the set-up makes a difference. The key is the compromise to maximize for overall quickness throughout the entire track. For me, this set-up did not have that compromise.

Obviously, the aliens have figured it out and may be just so fast, the set-up doesn't really matter that much to them.

Don´t understand this combo :ouch:

For two days couldn´t get T2 right so was getting ready to give up and suddenly out of nowhere (when i was hitting low 19.0 at T1 all the time :ouch:)

T1: 19.101
T2: 19.229

And as i did so many restarts was obvious that i lost time again on T3 so only improve .x15 at line :banghead: :banghead:

Using Sjaak's tune with my own LSD. Because Sjaak didn't post one! hint hint! Thanks for the tune!

Al

Nice splits,Al,I used the default settings for the LSD.

I'd be more happy than anyone if someone posted a magic tune for this car that made me go faster, but my current settings are just what I put on the car the first time I started breaking in the engine and nothing I've tried since has made a difference so I just stuck with it.

That said, I gave BOB a new car to break in (have been meaning to do the Laguna 200miles anyway) and put chassis reinforcement on it. The feel of the car was much better and I beat my best lap in about 30 minutes. So now I have to get a new paintjob again and beat THAT time so I can submit a lap with the proper colours! :D

I agree so much lol. The only key setting I feel you need in Suspension is to have the Ride Height at it's lowest setting. The LSD creates the greatest changes.

This is the only thing I can still give to you:

w-g-e
Performance points: 566
Power: 583 BHP
Weight: 1403 KG
Power limiter: 100%
Ballast: 0 KG
Aerodynamics: 0/20

Gearing:
First put the final gear to 3.100, then put max speed all the way to the left and adjust as following:
1st gear: 4.586
2nd gear: 3.480
3rd gear: 2.790
4th gear: 2.355
5th gear: 2.040
6th gear: 1.800
7th gear: 1.610
Final gear: 2.000
Max speed: 200 km/h

LSD:
Initial torque: 15
Acceleration sensivity: 20
Braking sensivity: 15

Suspension:
Ride height: 50/-30
Spring rate: 15.5/15.0
Dampers (extension): 8/8
Dampers (compression): 8/8
Anti-roll bars: 6/6
Camber angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe angle: 0.10/-0.10

Brake balance: 4/3
ABS: 10

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

Still can't get under that magical 20 seconds for the second sector!

Faster T1, slower T2 but faster overall. Managed a low .7 in T2 a couple times but I'm not consistent there.

Big improvement tonight. Dropped ride height to min an got speed straight away. New splits.

This is the only thing I can still give to you:

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

Thanks for the tune Wes, it's brilliant and just what I've been missing throughout the week. Managed a 19.000 in T1 for the first time and I am quite a bit faster through T2 when I can control it. For the first time ever I feel like I have a real chance at getting that overall win. Gonna have to fight real hard though, the competition is fierce :scared:

w-g-e that is a great set up! thank you for sharing it.

Here is my ride
GrandValleyEast.jpg

Wes, mate just :bowdown::bowdown:

Insane tune :crazy:

Just for fun, because it´s my fast lap till now but with a T3 :yuck:, i always choke on this moments :nervous:

T1: 18.997
T2: 19.223

Nice improvements folks. 👍 Very nice Joao. :) Personally I never get on well with Wes' tunes so sticking with my own bodge job.

For the first time ever I feel like I have a real chance at getting that overall win.
That's pretty cocky considering the company you're in. Great splits at this point but it's only Thursday... :sly:

18.977 (finally :P)

Seen a few 19.1s in sector 2 now but still having trouble finishing a fast T2 with a good 3rd sector so still looking for about 0.2 on the lap I think. Need to put a good few hours in this weekend.... :mischievous:

Great splits Chris 👍

Thank god you gave me time to took a Print Screen of me on the top of the world :dopey::sly:

Nice splits Joao 👍. You definitely look at home in D1!

Thanks mate, it´s a bit strange the "blue" but i´m getting used to it :sly:

Nice job Chris, Biffy, Jon, and the three Div 4 guys for running crazy times.

First splits @ 576 hp (Wes' tune, thanks man you're a genius :cheers:):

Nice job Chris, Biffy, Jon, and the three Div 4 guys for running crazy times.

First splits @ 576 hp (Wes' tune, thanks man you're a genius :cheers:):
Ya, I think that those top 3 DIV 4 guy's are running nitro in the tank! :)

Latest Posts

Back