GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 68 : Tsukubee Doo

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 143 comments
Welcome to you too. :cheers: Did you see the posts in this thread talking about short-shifting, around 7500rpm, and using a Brake Balance of 3/1 (F/R)? Once I switched to those, I started going faster right away.

I've been using a 3/2 BB, but i'll give 3/1 a shot tomorrow, along with some different strategies. The thing that kills me on this track is my impatience. I get on the gas too much and too early on the small hairpins, which usually results in disaster. Stupid off camber turns!

It really annoys me that I can't get the first turn right. Lap after lap of 13.4s at T1. I probably have ten times as many 16.7 second sector splits than first sectors in the 13.3s and I've only ever seen one 13.2.

Active steering on strong, stupid thing freezes on the line every lap.:grumpy:

Active steering on strong, stupid thing freezes on the line every lap.:grumpy:

I dunno why but when I tried it I thought the freeze made me faster in T1..

Welcome. :cheers: Now, slow down, please. :P It's bad manners to come in and take a D2 win on your first week. :lol: 2nd or 3rd is fine though.

I know we have a Wales flag around here somewhere...ah there it is
wales.gif
. I'll see if I can get it onto the leaderboard.
Thanks. :) I suppose that was a bit rude of me. :embarrassed: Like turning up late to a party and then changing the music. :sly:

I think that was just a fluke for my 2nd split anyway and can't get near it today. Better finish though and a faster lap.

Thanks for the flag too but it still isn't showing on the leaderboard. Sorry for the trouble. :guilty:

Got my pedals back together last night but haven't tried them out yet. I doubt anything went wrong as no wires were pulled but I always fear something will go wrong. Ended up spraying WD40 into the slot the potentiometer goes into gas pedal and applied some duct tape to the upper side of the casing that goes around the potentiometer's base in hopes of holding it in tighter, which I've already noticed when I pressed down on the pedal.

Should be able to get more time on this combo in, which will be nice since I'm down towards the bottom of the list.

Got my pedals back together last night but haven't tried them out yet. I doubt anything went wrong as no wires were pulled but I always fear something will go wrong. Ended up spraying WD40 into the slot the potentiometer goes into gas pedal and applied some duct tape to the upper side of the casing that goes around the potentiometer's base in hopes of holding it in tighter, which I've already noticed when I pressed down on the pedal.

Should be able to get more time on this combo in, which will be nice since I'm down towards the bottom of the list.

Hopefully it's working out OK.

This post reminded me of this picture I had seen the other day.

engineering_flowchart_7841.jpg

:lol:

That fits it well. :lol:

I tried to duck tape the potentiometer itself, but there was so much residual WD40 everywhere and wiping it up wasn't removing the greasiness, I went the way I did with it.

put BB 3/3 and then got some results..fun car and track..love this

first best was

and now

Last edited:
If you post those splits in the same format that others are posting (each on a line by themselves), then the leaderboard at http://wrs.gtplanet.net will pick them up automatically and you'll see how you're doing compared to others. 👍

For example:

You can just edit your post above as well, don't need to make another post just for this...

Hmmmm..... Think I'm being a bit dumb.... But how/where do you set the BB? I haven't got a setting for it in driving options and there's no settings in arcade TT?!? Am I missing another trick here?!

Hmmmm..... Think I'm being a bit dumb.... But how/where do you set the BB? I haven't got a setting for it in driving options and there's no settings in arcade TT?!? Am I missing another trick here?!

The RA function on the DFGT (if you have one). If you have a DS3 or other you can program it to some buttons in the options menu. 👍

It basically just allows you to change TCS, ASM, torque split, ABS and brake balance on the fly. :)

The RA functions (which includes BB) are described here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180298

WRS Comprehensive Guide
The weekly race event thread states that we can use In-Race Functions, what is this?

When racing you can tweak the following settings on-track: Traction Control, ABS, Torque Distribution (only available on 4WD cars) and Front/Rear Brake Balance. DFGT users will know that they can access this by pressing the big red button on the steering wheel and adjusting with the little wheel and the +/- buttons on the left side of the wheel. If you are using other wheels you will need to go in to the options menu from GT Home (or the main menu) and set-up your controller so that it can access the In-Race Functions. DS3 users will need to find some spare buttons, which won't be too hard if you are using the sticks to drive.

When you set up these functions they will be saved the next time you use them (clarification for Arcade mode).

Nice one hydro and ford, thought I was missing summin...!!......

5 mins later.......

Better already.....

2-3 ths in t2 definitely

Last edited:
Minute improvement at T2 and up 0.019 at the line:

Still looking for about 0.15 on the lap based on best sectors but I think this will do as a banker.

Welcome back Rees. :cheers:

Good luck to everyone still calm enough to run this, its mental. Easy track but this car is just nuts. :P 👍

Im hardcore into a dirt seasonal.

Want to put my all into this dirt TT so wont be doing this weeks combo anymore or the next. I wont even look to see what it is...to much temptation. haha

Good luck everyone sorry to cut and run but I got a major GT5 goal to try and accomplish on dirt.

Later Dudes.:)

Some updated splits.

Not my PB in any of the sectors but happy with fun/time spent on it so I'm stopping before grinding occurs... Time submitted.

I'm close to giving up on this combo, just so inconsistent in T2 and 3. I can be .3xx up at T1 then be .2 down at T2 :confused: all in 1 corner pretty much.

These splits got me .050 up at the line, with a bad T2.

Up .2 at the line of my current split.

you guys are just too good..done 100laps and no..still cant go under 13.8 and 17.2

Finally got around to checking my pedals on the Fanatec software just now and they work as they should. Looks like I'll have to find time to run more laps as I've only done 10 on Monday and it wasn't a very quick session.

I've done a few more laps and can't better my best times. Know when to fold em! Looking forward to the next TT. Ain't fast, but have loads of fun.

Back