GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 68 : Tsukubee Doo

• Thread starter Hydro
  • 143 comments
15+ more laps just done. My pedals feel brand new. :D Pretty close to the overall goal I wanted for this week as well. Hopefully in my next sessions before Monday I can beat that.

15+ more laps just done. My pedals feel brand new. :D
Glad that worked out well... kind of a shame that you now don't need a brand spanking new set of Clubsports though. :sly:

I love this car more with every session.

13.198 :crazy:

Up 0.02 at the line and still looking for 2 tenths on the lap, which I'll probably never find but great fun trying. :P

Gotta get these D3 guys off my back. Since Jack's taken off, I'll take his place. :)

EDIT: Slower T1, but PB's in T2 and T3, for .15 more at the line.

The Camaro RM is now calling. :D

Last edited:
Finally beat my overall by about .2 Still a bad T2 though. I think this is it for me this week.

My first foray back into the WRS for a long time and what a fun combo!!

A quick 50 laps yielded

Finally managed to get a decent first sector, but didn't improve my overall by much as I completely botched the third sector.

Was going to try this some more, but seen next weeks TT. Submitting with these splits.

I'm not enjoying this combo as much as the Clio, but I'll most likely sign up after I submit this tomorrow.

Splits from my best lap so far:

Will most likely have to submit this lap because not only am I running out of time but I'm running out of patience too. :lol:

This one is going to make for an insane online race.

Still struggling a bit with this one. Just can't find a good rhythm with the car and track combination. Maybe it's time to program the RA settings onto the controller and adjust brake balance. I think most of my trouble is getting off the brakes and the car jerking because of it. Still managed a faster lap but my split times aren't improving much if at all.

I think I might hop into a lounge and give this a try. Might be able to figure something out with less grip.

Managed to run a dirty lap, which I didn't save for obvious reasons. I exited out, reloaded my previous ghost and then 19 laps later I equaled the dirty lap I had run, albeit clean this time around. Still not 100% comfortable with the car on this track. Nearly threw this lap away by sliding it in the final corner.

Last edited:
Submitted and crossing all appendages. Good luck to those still running! :cheers:

Thanks again to Jack for the BB 3/1 and short-shifting tips (and for leaving me your spot on the LB:sly:). :)

Trying to decide whether I should run a few more laps or just submit now....

Submitted with current splits. Decided I probably wouldn't get much more of an increase out of my lap to make a huge difference overall.

Last edited:
Submitting with:

Been 1/10 up at T2 only to cross the line half a second behind.

Good luck all.

Been 1/10 up at T2 only to cross the line half a second behind.
Yup, lost count of the number of times that's happened.

New best lap... Meh...

Lost 0.1 through to T2, 0.1 down in 1st and 2nd sectors compared to best splits but did a PB through sector 3 for a 0.03 gain at the line. Probably won't get another run in - Game of Thrones season finale to watch and then the Z28 beckons once more... :sly:

Best of luck anyone still running. 👍

meh, didn't really get round to spending more time on this combo when I wanted to, good luck to those submitting 👍

Edit: Argh wth, when I'm sitting 9 thousandths behind the D2 leader it's difficult to resist the urge to have a go. Will see where I am after an hour :crazy:

Gave it one last go, didn't come close to my fastest lap so I started drifting the car around the track. Ended up drifting through the motorcycle chicane easily, but no replay saved.

Intend to give this a last run but helping kids over the weekend for exams and today watching E3 stoped me.
Last run from Thursday will have to do.
Could be faster, but it always can :dopey:

Had a lot of fun because for the first time i think i understand the two first sectors of Tsukuba.

Splits:

T1: 13.276
T2: 16.729

Good luck to all :cheers:

Edit: Argh wth, when I'm sitting 9 thousandths behind the D2 leader it's difficult to resist the urge to have a go. Will see where I am after an hour :crazy:
I'm pretty sure my last sector is rubbish so I don't think you have to worry. Unless your last sector is also rubbish. :sly: I won't be able to have another go tonight so I'm sending my time in now anyway. Good luck! :)

Intend to give this a last run but helping kids over the weekend for exams and today watching E3 stoped me.
Last run from Thursday will have to do.
Could be faster, but it always can :dopey:

Had a lot of fun because for the first time i think i understand the two first sectors of Tsukuba.

Splits:

T1: 13.276
T2: 16.729

Good luck to all :cheers:

Great splits... Especially if it includes a decent T3. 👍:)

Welcome back Rees. :cheers:

Thanks Chris! Fun to get to run some WRS laps..

Here are my splits -

Pretty disappointed with my T2 and T3, just couldn't find the time to put a full lap together.

I might try this combo one last time with less than an hour to go. Good luck all!

:cheers:

Sitting third in D3.. My T3 wasn't my best, but it was fairly decent so I should hope it saves me like last week.

Back