GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 7 : First Stop on the Grand Tour

• Thread starter EDK
  • 370 comments
T1: 34.915
T2: 21.038

Tricky, but once you work out a good line to get a fast exit, it starts to click (ish)

Zoky's T1 is amazing. This run was the ONLY run that I saw a 34.x out of about 30 goes.

T1: 35.592
T2: 21.043

Still shaving small amounts of time off.

Last edited:
Great sector time, Shigegaki. 👍

millross, very nice splits, especially on the first day! :cheers: I think I could try all week just to get where you are now. I did see one 34.9xx, but that's all.

Did my best time so far.
Can't tell you what the splits were.
There's no save best lap replay. :dunce:

Did my best time so far.
Can't tell you what the splits were.
There's no save best lap replay. :dunce:

Since you can only do 1 lap at a time, Save Replay does exactly the same thing as Save best lap replay 👍

Since you can only do 1 lap at a time, Save Replay does exactly the same thing as Save best lap replay 👍

:lol: Yes but not after you've had another 6 goes. I can see me having 30 or so relays to delete by the end of tonight.

First splits:
T1: 34.731
T2: 20.903

Hmmm. Doing something practical wrong in T1. Was doing mid-35s. Increased brakes to 10/10 and got T1 down to 34.9. Not sure where half a second is though. Those first 4 corners are complicated; tends to be a wide margin of error, in terms of time gained/lost.

What kind of steering lock are the T1-mid-34s people using through turns 1 and 2? I think I've been doing around 180deg. Maybe need to give it a bit more.

Hmmm. Doing something practical wrong in T1. Was doing mid-35s. Increased brakes to 10/10 and got T1 down to 34.9. Not sure where half a second is though. Those first 4 corners are complicated; tends to be a wide margin of error, in terms of time gained/lost.

What kind of steering lock are the T1-mid-34s people using through turns 1 and 2? I think I've been doing around 180deg. Maybe need to give it a bit more.
Brakes 5/10,ABS -1 ......slightly drifting through first 4 corners.

I'm sure there's plenty more time left here,will try more tomorrow.....too tired now.

What level do you have to be to enter this event? B-spec level can be used to enter right?

I'm in no position to comment really as I'll be outside the top 10 within a few days, but I've found that by elongating the corner entry on a lot of turns on this track, you can straighten up the exit and increase your overall speed. It's not quite so easy on the early corners since they are shoved up close, but the turn before the tunnel you can manufacturer a longer straighter route and hit the tunnel's shadow a few mph faster than if you stick tight to the inside of the turn.

I also tried this on the very tight section and it did lead to my only 34.x sector 1.

Could just be that this style suits me and me alone, but it seemed very hard to me to be fast and take the shortest distance-lines through the turns.

@Vagabond and Plato - the unemotional medium of text claims another pair of victims of misunderstanding....

This combo will be a nice chance for me to try and actually gold this event. Not holding my breath for a good ranking. It will be interesting to see where the gold time falls in the rankings though.

1st session done with. It's getting late & station rage Is setting In.
T1 35.687
T2 21.496

I think i had my lucky lap already. :dunce:

Not sure if i will try again. This combo is not my cup of tea.

And same here, brake bias 5/10 + ABS 10. :)

GT Mode special Event.
Any set up involved or a straight point and shoot??
Looks good either way, keen to get out into the country air and stretch the legs.
Cheers All,

GT Mode special Event.
Any set up involved or a straight point and shoot??
Looks good either way, keen to get out into the country air and stretch the legs.
Cheers All,

Tuning not available, just the RA functions.

First few laps. I didn't like this one while running through the tour events the first time... still don't. :yuck:

T1: 35.034
T2: 21.073

Looks like I have some work to do in T1.

Starting to get the hang of T1

T1: 34.719
T2: 21.049

Last edited:
I hated this event when I played through the game, but I guess it's kind of growing on me... now I only dislike it. :)

Some bad splits so far:

Slight improvement, but nothing dramatic. My t2 is staying pretty constant. I like that, I just wish it was faster. New Splits.
T1: 35.042
T2: 21.200

Racing On!!

Interesting! This was probably one of the top 2 or 3 challenges for golding all licenses and specials (vettel not included) with DS3. I'm looking forward to attacking it again with the wheel now!

_SHig

T:1 35.474
T:2 21.365

sheesh, I'm pretty sure my tires are off of a bicycle.... geeesh, loosy goosy.... no nailing it out of the corners on this track..... can't even do it on the straights either..

T1: 35.249
T2: 21.240

I don't how you guys are under 35 for T1. Although I am trying to figure what I am doing wrong during T1. 👎

Last edited:
CAUTION: This combo has a small problem or maybe it could happen to you like it just happend to me. When the stupid trophy comes up after the run you can be hitting the "X" button in rapid and repeating form trying to make it go away and the start screen pops up and without you being able to stop your finger from hitting the "X" button in time while you might watch your fast "replay" go "By By"

DangerWillRobinson.jpg

DANGER WILL ROBINSON

I can only dream of what my splits might have been while I'm looking at my best record time in the upper right corrner of the screen like some cruel joke and no way to dig it up from the "inter Galictic Bit Bucket" :(

Last edited:
First splits and faster than my best DS3 lap! Only took an hour and it took DAYS to get to a certain level with the controller... ;)

T1: 34.991
T2: 21.021

The constant restarting is not for me so I'll pass this week. Good luck all.

Latest Posts

Back