GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 7 : First Stop on the Grand Tour

• Thread starter EDK
  • 370 comments
34.353...(34.2# best)
-------

Spent about 2 and a half hours on this one in total.It's already to much....too many restarts,not a fan of that!:yuck:

Time Submitted!
Good luck,Zoky!

My first lap, if you don't count my effort of running nose first into the fence on turn one, due to s1 tyres. Woops.

EDK
Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):
[*]Lap time
[*] Any information which can be used to infer laptime

Slowly making my way back to my original gold time.

Good Luck to everyone trying to chase the Gold Time for this week :cheers:

Still shaving small amounts of time off. Hopefully, I can hit my original time when I did on gold.

I mean I met the gold standard for this event.

But I won't stop until gold Is mine.
Please stop inferring to your gold lap times. ;)
I have not run the event for the WRS but I would imagine a gold time has an actual lap time to correspond with.

A tip for those concerned with a ghost to follow.
If the same settings can be done in arcade mode you could practice and then go to the normal event for this week.
As I say I have not run the event for WRS so I do not know if the same specs can be achieved.

I have not run the event for the WRS but I would imagine a gold time has an actual lap time to correspond with.

Alright, i'll re-edit everything. I didn't think it matter considering that no time was actually mentioned. But well noted 👍

I've never got near gold. I was just quoting a goal.
I didn't see anything wrong with that sorry.

I've never got near gold. I was just quoting a goal.
I didn't see anything wrong with that sorry.

I don't want to offend fellow racers but from your reply I know you have not hit that time of x'xx.xxx yet.
If I were to say I did then that would be implying (inferring) that I have.

No different then saying I have passed the 1'45.000 mark.

The reason we don't give lap times is for each individual to reach their goal, not the next faster guys goal.
Even at Monaco some have said they're done, and then someone posts a faster set of splits and all of a sudden, guess who's back.

Another reason the qualifier times are not published.

I don't want to offend fellow racers but from your reply I know you have not hit that time of x'xx.xxx yet.
If I were to say I did then that would be implying (inferring) that I have.

No different then saying I have passed the 1'45.000 mark.

The reason we don't give lap times is for each individual to reach their goal, not the next faster guys goal.
Even at Monaco some have said they're done, and then someone posts a faster set of splits and all of a sudden, guess who's back.

Another reason the qualifier times are not published.

No offence taked but your point has been. Sorry again.
Regards.
Jay...

I really like the variety that the WRS has as this week is no different, a nice change of pace and I haven’t got to this area of GT5. Somehow it slipped past me. For that reason I’m enjoying the challenge but it’s just a quick sprint. I can’t run multiple laps so the rhythm is broken and it turns into a drag race w/ turns.

I'm getting the feeling this event is free from the same mind blowing affect that Monaco had. The simplicity is a refreshing respite from the stress, thanks to the organizers. I just can’t wait for our first off-road event (Hint Hint … lol).

Thank God for remote races, otherwise I may not have been a high enough rank to run this until mid-week.

T1: 35.912
T2: 21.909
Have seen a 35.5 in T1 and several 21.6's in T2 but never together also losing a lot of time on the right hander and the run up to the tunnel, Hopefully will get a few more laps in or will be submitting these
All the best
ninja

T1: 34.772
T2: 21.075

Cool choice Kev, too bad I'll be out of town for the rest of the week.

Forgot to save my fastest lap so far. :ouch:

But, the easiest way to fix that is to run a faster lap. :sly:

I forgot to save that lap as well. :ouch:

Times from fastest lap I have.

T1: 35.483
T2: 21.183

Last edited:
Nice splits, Jake! 👍 Especially after one session, during which I went back and got by you in Monaco!! :sly:
Too bad you'll be out of town. That only gives me the week to chase you here! :cheers:

Racing On!

Update

But not happy with this lap.
Best T1: 34.11x,
T2: 55.11x

So i think i must do one more session. :sly:

I just can?t wait for our first off-road event (Hint Hint ? lol).

Your hard enough to keep up with now bro. Being on gravel/snow will be impossible to keep up, But at least In the WRS I won't be chasing a cloud.👍

No entry from the little one yet?

Trying to get out of the cellar! :nervous:
T1: 35.456
T2: 21.714

Getting closer man. :nervous:

Last edited:
Damnit! I bought and tuned a new car before I realised that this isn't in the SEASONAL events..it's in the SPECIAL events.

Sonova..... ah well, at least I like the car.

Everything off except for abs at 1. brake bias as it comes, 5/5.

T1: 34.575
T2: 20.991

Woot! I just saw a thirty-four.seven only to stuff it at the turnaround. :( There's still hope for good improvement it seems.

_SHig

Holy alien lap Batman!

T1: 34.521
T2: 21.187

Too bad I'm nearly 0.2" slower in T2 than my previous best, but now I have a better idea of what I COULD string together. Hopefully I can get that mid-34" consistently from now on.

_SHig

Back