GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 73 : Tim is Gonna Kill Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 160 comments
Had a good first session with this one.

As of now it's a great car for sector 1 and 2, but falls apart in sector 3. (That's my way of saying I suck at the third sector here - remember the BMW's Speedy? :lol:)

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't have any credits left after buying the 2 audis on the "recommended buys" thread.

Have to go earn some cash.

I put my R10 online to share with friends. You are on my FR list so feel free to run it as much as you like. It has my current tune as well - setting B - codenamed "WRS TT" ;)
The one online currently has chassis reinforcement installed and is the one that I have used so far. I'm breaking in a new one as well (without chassis re) which I will share too.
I feel like doing some chassis / tuning experiments with this one, not sure which car win win in the end TBH.

There's an understatement. :P Fantastic start Marc... 👍 I hope your last sector is utter rubbish. :sly:

Thanks Chris 👍 - And it is :( The car feels so understeery going through the downhill left - right before the final turn, which I find really weird as the first turn is just magical :)
And as per usual with this track I'm never sure of the final turn. I'm running it a bit long and wide to hit a slightly later apex with this car. Only time will tell if that's the way to go or not for me.

And as per usual with this track I'm never sure of the final turn. I'm running it a bit long and wide to hit a slightly later apex with this car. Only time will tell if that's the way to go or not for me.
I'm not sure there either... keeping tight allows a higher average speed around it but a wider entry means earlier throttle and higher speed down the straight. I'm alternating the two lines at the mo and we'll see which ends up on top later. The trick with the high speed S is to keep tight as you can to the left wthout hitting the curb. Use as much of the curb as you can on the fast right hander after the hairpin and then just keep your foot in... :crazy:

Getting braver on the throttle out of the slow corners now:

I love LMP cars and this is the most running I've ever had on GV Reverse - just as satisfying as GV Forwards. 👍

I'm not sure there either... keeping tight allows a higher average speed around it but a wider entry means earlier throttle and higher speed down the straight. I'm alternating the two lines at the mo and we'll see which ends up on top later. The trick with the high speed S is to keep tight as you can to the left wthout hitting the curb. Use as much of the curb as you can on the fast right hander after the hairpin and then just keep your foot in... :crazy:

Getting braver on the throttle out of the slow corners now:

I love LMP cars and this is the most running I've ever had on GV Reverse - just as satisfying as GV Forwards. 👍

I'm doing the same TBH. My current ghost is a later apex, but if I blow the lap somewhere so that I can't improve it I take the tighter line to see if I can catch up a bit to or lose time to the ghost.
I'll try keeping the car off the curb as you mentioned, not really sure if I'm getting that close anyway as it's the first part of the S that I'm understeering the most in.
Probably just going too fast. I like going fast too :D

GVS is just awesome. I think I prefer it in reverse, but really it works out great in either direction. PD hit a Grand Slam when they designed this one 👍

I have always been confused with the chassis reinforcement addition, I find it makes no difference at all for me hence I never use it. Does anybody find its better for them?

I really think the car itself makes a huge difference. Some cars it helps, some it ruins.
When GT5 came out I took some advice to heart (for better or worse - usually worse) that stated that in RL any race team that could stiffen a chassis without a weight change or reg. penalty would certainly do it - so I installed it on practically everything.
It really didn't help most cars TBH, but some seriously oversteering cars were tamed a little. I really think tuning the car better without it is the way to go.
I haven't added it to any cars since November or so, and I doubt I'll install it on any cars in the future except to test the difference. I certainly won't be installing it on any 2 mil + cars again. Don't get me started on my GT 40 :(

I just put a non-chassis reinforcement car online as well if anyone want to test the difference. It isn't tuned at all yet though so you're on your own ;) My online cars are a virtual Audi LMP/LMS festival :D

I'll post the difference in tunes for the two cars later to see how the chassis is affected. I'm very curious to see what the difference in speed and handling will be.

Some improved splits for me:

Coming a little closer to the limit with this cars, still lot of time left on the track.
Not easy becoming down the power in some corners.

Finally got a wheel, so I figured I'd try to make a return after missing twenty eight events 👎. Not really impressed with my use of the wheel yet.

Hydro
I put my R10 online to share with friends. You are on my FR list so feel free to run it as much as you like. It has my current tune as well - setting B - codenamed "WRS TT" ;)
The one online currently has chassis reinforcement installed and is the one that I have used so far. I'm breaking in a new one as well (without chassis re) which I will share too.
I feel like doing some chassis / tuning experiments with this one, not sure which car win win in the end TBH.

Thanks Marc, I might take you up on that offer. Can't seem to find much time right now so having a car that is already broken in would be very helpful.

I have a noob question since I have never borrowed a car, if I change the suspension will that affect the setup on your end? Thanks

Thanks Marc, I might take you up on that offer. Can't seem to find much time right now so having a car that is already broken in would be very helpful.

I have a noob question since I have never borrowed a car, if I change the suspension will that affect the setup on your end? Thanks

I'm not really sure. I took a screen shot of my setup though so it won't matter to me if you change it.
Slots A and C for the reinforced car are currently at default (or if they aren't the tunes there really don't matter). The non-reinforced car isn't tuned at all. Both are broken in though.

So basically....knock yourself out, and anyone else that needs the car too 👍

Hydro
I'm not really sure. I took a screen shot of my setup though so it won't matter to me if you change it.
Slots A and C for the reinforced car are currently at default (or if they aren't the tunes there really don't matter). The non-reinforced car isn't tuned at all. Both are broken in though.

So basically....knock yourself out, and anyone else that needs the car too 👍

Great, I'll just make sure to use A or C.

Very nice of you, thanks a lot.

No, it doesn't affect him, because you only have a virtual copy of the car. I had the same doubt but see it's simple. It's not like you borrow my car and i can't drive it anymore. You can borrow it and keep it even if i take it offline and as long as you don't change cars you can drive that virtual copy and do the changes you want.

Usual Suspect
No, it doesn't affect him, because you only have a virtual copy of the car. I had the same doubt but see it's simple. It's not like you borrow my car and i can't drive it anymore. You can borrow it and keep it even if i take it offline and as long as you don't change cars you can drive that virtual copy and do the changes you want.

Very cool, thanks.

Note also: If you change cars from the borrowed car to something else you can re-borrow the car assuming it's still shared, but you'll lose your setup changes. So be sure to write down any setup tweaks you make before changing cars.

The nice part about a shared car: no oil changes required *ever* as the mileage doesn't "count". Your mileage won't count to break in the car either, but hopefully it's been shared after getting to full power.

Some improvement after using the tune posted earlier, handles a ton better,

Should be able to squeeze a little more from it when fully broken in.

EDIT

Forget it, fast splits but R8 instead of the R10 ...

Splits coming up soon I hope :dopey:

A quick video guide for sector 1. This is a 32.196:

Having a tough time finding the right setup for my liking, but getting there I think. I've seen faster times in all three sectors than what I have just done. It's all about putting it together.

T1: 0'32.814
T2: 0'32.170

Edit: Vagabond, I appreciate the T1 tutorial.
Edit2: I'm basically using DDiamond's posted tune that he's modified with the Brake Balance set to 4/6. I'm horrible at tuning. I usually just drive the car stock and see what I can do with it, unless someone posts a tune they use.

Last edited:
Well here are my first posted times in about 6 weeks talk about rusty :rolleyes:

I have had a much faster first sector but blew it on the second.
And too top it off I just realized that my car had defalted back to racing hard tires. the only changes I have made too the set up are full down force and lowered the top speed of the tranny. It seams too pull better out of the courners now no bogging down

Not sure on setup for this bugger... sometimes I just don't 'get the feel' with setup changes and end up getting a bit lost. Using this at the mo:

Max downforce

-15/-25
16.0/16.0
9/7
7/7
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 7/10/9

Transmission stock with top speed @216mph

BB 4/3 ABS 10

New splits:

I have always been confused with the chassis reinforcement addition, I find it makes no difference at all for me hence I never use it. Does anybody find its better for them?
What Marc said... depends largely on the car. As a rule, road cars generally benefit from it. The less balanced a car is on turn in, the more difference it will make. Racing cars the difference is less pronounced but can help improve traction if corner exits are a problem. I have 2 R10s, one with and one without the chassis mod and there seems little difference between them but I am running the one with rigidity improvement as traction seems marginally better through the slow corners.

I think you may not notice the difference due to a bit of Lewis Hamilton syndrome.... :sly:

Jenson: I'm always amazed by what Lewis can do with an unbalanced car.

Lewis: (laughs) Feels balanced to me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the car Marc, using Chris' tune with some tweaks.

Found something interesting, the power will decrease after a while, but the game won't allow me to change the oil. I had to go and re borrow the car and set up the suspension again.

Thanks for the car Marc, using Chris' tune with some tweaks.

Found something interesting, the power will decrease after a while, but the game won't allow me to change the oil. I had to go and re borrow the car and set up the suspension again.

Well that's really annoying isn't it?
When I go online a bit later I'll plug in Chris's tune on the cars so at least you get a running start tuning wise.

zrodegreesklvn

That's strange. It happened to me once. I borrowed Pekka's 2J to grind a b-spec seasonals for credits and after 4-5 races the power dropped and I re-borrowed. But after reborrowing it never dropped power again even after 20-25 races. :confused:

Certainly not necessary Marc. I've made quite a few changes anyway.

If you want to try my tune here it is.

Stock tranny. Top speed 216
LSD 5/7/15

ABS 5
6/8

10/–35
20.0/16.0
9/7
7/2
7/2
2.0/2.0
–. 10/–.10

Now that I look at it, it's pretty much my own tune.

Back