GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 73 : Tim is Gonna Kill Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 160 comments
3rd and probably final session. I know it's not a 1st place lap, but there's very little left in it for me.

Fortunately, I was able to hang on to my gains through t3.

Ouch Al, you got to close, now I needed to give it another go ;)

Not my best third sector, but enough to improve my lap time 👍

Glad I inspired you to get back behind the wheel! My new times, darn T2! Very nice T3 though!!!! This lap was 4/10th's faster.

Best overall time by a tenth.

Might be all I got. Just when I think I am going better, my ghost sails on past!

Ok, so I may have spoken to soon. Slower splits, but gained .2 in t3.

T1 drives me crazy, I only get it right about 1 in 10 laps. Looks like there's .2 left yet, I'll take one more look tomorrow.

Ok, this is it for the week. There's still .15 left but I'm submitting this lap and taking a break.

Gained .6 since yesterday morning, and my time is quite a bit better than I thought I'd get, so I'm much happier this week than I was last.

Bad t1 as usual, but the other two sectors are pretty good.

Bravo for sticking it out guys 👍 - disappointing turn-out this week.... I thought this would be more popular despite the technical nature.

Annoyingly, I've found I'm actually missing 2 tenths in sector 3 so I'm 0.3 off my theoretical best. Started making clumsy mistakes after an hour though so back to it either later or tomorrow night. Good luck everyone still running it. :cheers:

Bravo for sticking it out guys 👍 - disappointing turn-out this week.... I thought this would be more popular despite the technical nature.

Annoyingly, I've found I'm actually missing 2 tenths in sector 3 so I'm 0.3 off my theoretical best. Started making clumsy mistakes after an hour though so back to it either later or tomorrow night. Good luck everyone still running it. :cheers:

I wonder if it's the race car element, or the summertime element?
1 of those is keeping me away.....:sly:

I don't see my splits improving much from here, but T3 could be improved by a few tenths so I'll need to squeeze in a few more laps 👍

Still have .059 out there for a theoretical best, but I don't think I can find it.

May just post with these:

Slight improvement at the line.

Posting with these. It pains me to know that I have left 2 tenths on the track now (had a 31.581 T2 but OT was much slower), but out of time!:grumpy:

Last edited:
Amazing tune Chris, I didn't change anything apart from the transmission and I would be lost without it. Sorry to do this with your own tune though:

T1: 31.964
T2: 31.020
I did this on saturday, but I didn't want to give you guys too much time to chase it after. I'm still as nice to give you a full monday and a late sunday evening.:sly:

I'm done with this combo for sure.:lol:
I checked the settings probably 3/4 times, checked lines, track boundaries.. but I couldn't find anything. I was just in a very good rhythm that session.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

I did this on saturday, but I didn't want to give you guys too much time to chase it after. I'm still as nice to give you a full monday and a late sunday evening.:sly:

Very sporting of you. :rolleyes: Those splits are impossible anyway and I reckon I'm done with this.... spent 2 hours yesterday throwing away best sectors one after another. I'm 0.4 down on my theoretical best lap but too frustrated to carry on. Best of luck anyone still running. :cheers:

Very sporting of you. :rolleyes: Those splits are impossible anyway and I reckon I'm done with this.... spent 2 hours yesterday throwing away best sectors one after another. I'm 0.4 down on my theoretical best lap but too frustrated to carry on. Best of luck anyone still running. :cheers:
Hmm, I'm going to have another look..

682 BHP - 683 PP - 925 KG..
Maybe I had SRF on.. I don't know... I'll throw away my laps of you really think my splits are impossible. I really don't want another DQ.

And I could as well don't post splits at all since it isn't mandatory. I posted the splits and you should chase after your personal best sectors not mine anyway. I'm not comfortable posting the splits early when I can't do the combo anymore. That's just in my mind. But just for you I'll put that aside and from now on I'll post the splits within 10 minutes after I did the lap.. and we'll see if that makes any difference. I don't think so..

Maybe I had SRF on.. I don't know... I'll throw away my laps of you really think my splits are impossible. I really don't want another DQ.
That's for you to decide but the best way to know SRF is not on is never to use it in the first place. I meant the splits are impossible for me.

And I could as well don't post splits at all since it isn't mandatory. I posted the splits and you should chase after your personal best sectors not mine anyway. I'm not comfortable posting the splits early when I can't do the combo anymore. That's just in my mind. But just for you I'll put that aside and from now on I'll post the splits within 10 minutes after I did the lap.. and we'll see if that makes any difference. I don't think so..
This is supposed to be a friendly competition Wes, not win at any cost. I always chase my sector times and do the best I can in comparison to what the aliens (including yourself) can do. We post splits so there is visible participation and to help keep the friendly atmosphere going, as well as to show what times are possible for everyone to chase - witholding yours makes a nonsense of that, as does, to a lesser degree, James tendency to 'stealth' update his splits instead of making a new post. It isn't mandatory, no. Neither is it mandatory for me to share my setup or a video to help others achieve better times than they might otherwise but to me it helps keep the WRS what it should be - a friendly competition. I see part of our role as faster drivers to help others improve, not to just go for the win, or the podium or whatever.

As for your assumption that you will always beat me, you may be right but the arrogant tone of your post has just lowered my opinion of you considerably.

Last edited:
Giving this one more session. Not sure if I'll see any improvement from it but wanted to have one more go before submitting.

That's for you to decide but the best way to know SRF is not on is never to use it in the first place. I meant the splits are impossible for me.

This is supposed to be a friendly competition Wes, not win at any cost. I always chase my sector times and do the best I can in comparison to what the aliens (including yourself) can do. We post splits so there is visible participation and to help keep the friendly atmosphere going, as well as to show what times are possible for everyone to chase - witholding yours makes a nonsense of that, as does, to a lesser degree, James tendency to 'stealth' update his splits instead of making a new post. It isn't mandatory, no. Neither is it mandatory for me to share my setup or a video to help others achieve better times than they might otherwise but to me it helps keep the WRS what it should be - a friendly competition. I see part of our role as faster drivers to help others improve, not to just go for the win, or the podium or whatever.

As for your assumption that you will always beat me, you may be right but the arrogant tone of your post has just lowered my opinion of you considerably.
I agree with all of you except for the bottom part.

When did I say I'll always beat you? Your assumption is wrong as I don't. In fact, you don't know half how I think of you as a driver. You're the reason why I'm doubting my splits, as you're always a benchmark for me. James is as well, and when a better driver than me can't match my splits I start to doubt it. Especially since I couldn't get on with the car in the beginning of the week.
The statement was made for everyone including myself. There have been weeks when I was almost the only one in D1 participating. But I still kept on improving my time. I don't want to beat others, I want to 'beat myself'. I want to achieve the best time possible within my limits. And those limits vary between drivers. When Daniel was still competing, I never tried to beat him. It's just too far out of my reach and it's better to focus on my own times.

And you're wrong thinking I want to win at all costs if you do so. You did give me a slightly different vision on this.. as I won't delay posting my splits anymore. Mind that this was only the second time I did that. I still don't think it's that big of a deal - I wouldn't mind if anyone else did that.
I wanted to win once.. and I did that so I'm happy. Other wins are a bonus for me, and not the reason why I'm competing.

The 'arrogant' tone of my post could be explained by my rather bad English... or maybe I'm just arrogant without knowing it.

When did I say I'll always beat you? Your assumption is wrong as I don't.
The 'arrogant' tone of my post could be explained by my rather bad English... or maybe I'm just arrogant without knowing it.
OK my apologies for that then. I'd interpreted your meaning as "...even if I post my splits after 10 minutes, you still won't catch them."

I still don't think it's that big of a deal - I wouldn't mind if anyone else did that.
Imagine, though, if we all did that.... It would be pretty dull around here and 'here' is what we're all, well, here for. :sly:

I think it's important to put the posting of splits thing in perspective.

If Wes' original thought was, "I have time for this session and then I'm not going to be around to improve. I'm not sure if this is going to be competitive, and certainly does not reflect my best effort, so I'm going to withhold posting them."

I would not disagree with that thought.

I don't think anyone should get in the game of running all week long and then waiting until the last minute to post splits. But I've been in Wes' shoes on plenty of occasions (time for one quick session and then off for a bit). I'll post splits from one session if it's a combo I'm reasonably confident with and have a good understanding of where I am relative to my limits. But if it ended up being a session where I just got a feel for the car and track, I probably would not post splits, knowing they probably would not be competitive or a reflection of my potential, and that my submitting a time for the week would be a coin flip at best anyhow.

Just my perspective, as I agree we're here to have fun and run together. And we should keep one another accountable, but I also want to make sure the atmosphere remains friendly. Especially in a case where we're nowhere near cheating, but only debating a question of etiquette.

Just a heads up guys...I'm posting results again this week, but they will need to be a few hours late. I'm shooting for 3am GMT.

Just a heads up guys...I'm posting results again this week, but they will need to be a few hours late. I'm shooting for 3am GMT.

Does that extend the deadline? And the Leaderboard Results as well?

I had some fun w/ this combo after I got back from getting away from the game for a while, I was kind of worn out mentaly from beating my head on the wall at Twin Ring and fell short :( so after spending some time hikeing around in the mountains w/ Little and his scout troop and then recovering.
2k4yep.jpg

I gaver a go until I felt like I hit my wall after a couple of hrs. but felt that I couldn't better my time and rested on my laurels. Good luk everone and C-ya in the night time drifting bull ring, submitted and out 👍

Does that extend the deadline? And the Leaderboard Results as well?

The leaderboard automatically shows the results at deadline time.

You just won't have the fancy handicap results, or a place to post your replays, etc. until he gets the results thread up.

Didn't have much time this week to run, only got in about 2 hours. Was fun to run in a car that light and that much power with no tcs, loved it just wish I had more time. Hopefully I will next week.

Latest Posts

Back