GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 73 : Tim is Gonna Kill Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 160 comments
No problem, and it's done 👍 added your tune as well to spot C for both cars and renamed it for you to keep it simple.
At some point I will try Chris's tune as well - I always do ;) so it may as well go on there now.
Plus I get to try yours (looks really oversteery on paper I think - my kind of tune!). This keeps getting better, I kinda miss TT's.

Hydro
No problem, and it's done 👍 added your tune as well to spot C for both cars and renamed it for you to keep it simple.
At some point I will try Chris's tune as well - I always do ;) so it may as well go on there now.
Plus I get to try yours (looks really oversteery on paper I think - my kind of tune!). This keeps getting better, I kinda miss TT's.

Ya, I like my cars to turn just by thinking about it.

Working with my own setup currently. It was so bad at first that I managed to make the car much slower than the stock setup. :lol:

Improved my time again. Still seeing faster times, just got to get it all in one. Tried Vagabond's setup, but wasn't working with my style so went back to original. Although, my car had lost some HP at that point so may try it again at some point.

T1: 0'32.645
T2: 0'31.956

New splits.

I decreased my full time by quite a bit, if I can somehow get close to my original T1 I'll be very happy.

Baron, and anyone else that needs even quicker cash than previously advertised, the A spec seasonal #5 at nurburgring (650 pp) event pays 500,000 per 1 lap race.
If you are at 200% bonus, that's about 4 million every half hour (approx 6 minute laps) - and it's lapping the ring!

Just de-tune the Audi to 650 with the power limiter and it's easy - really easy.

I always struggle with high power cars, I think it something to do with the different driving style you use for karting where you are always at zero or full throttle because the engine doesn't react much to partial throttle so I always find myself spinning the audi because I'm pumping the throttle.

Current splits are so embarrassing I'm not going to even post them yet.

My R10

GrandValleySpeedway_10.jpg

Cool, achieved this earlier with B-Spec, will run some more laps later.

EDK
Turbo: Not Allowed - Upgrades Verifiable by Watching HUD

Even without the Turbo installed, my HUD shows the Turbo indicator pushing to maximum.

:confused:

Also, what is a Hybrid?

Hmm, I don't have any credits left after buying the 2 audis on the "recommended buys" thread.

Have to go earn some cash.

I just started some remote races, I'll use all your bobs for a while. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinal
I just started some remote races, I'll use all your bobs for a while. :)

Thanks Vinal, I'm borrowing Marcus car for this week but it's always nice to have some credits tucked away.

Thanks Vinal, I'm borrowing Marcus car for this week but it's always nice to have some credits tucked away.

No problem, got visitors round so I can't really be having my back to them while I play GT.

:lol:

Lost a bit on T1 but getting the feel of T2 and T3.

Seat-time is limited [feet] to only 15-20-minutes a session. :ouch:

Still using my last posted settings....but gonna take a look at other tunes posted.

Last edited:
Getting there Baron. 👍

I saw a 32.119 1st sector this evening but couldn't hold it..... Now I know its there, I wants it. :mischievous:

Even without the Turbo installed, my HUD shows the Turbo indicator pushing to maximum.

:confused:

Also, what is a Hybrid?

Note that your epic triple post has been merged. Please use the Edit button on your original post, if you think of something else to say, a few minutes after posting, and if no one else has posted yet.

The "stock" turbo fills up the entire meter, and the other illegal turbos fill up less than full, so are verifiable on replay.

A Hybrid is a hold-over in the rules from previous versions of the game, where you could use game-cheat devices to modify cars' stats.

Note that your epic triple post has been merged. Please use the Edit button on your original post, if you think of something else to say, a few minutes after posting, and if no one else has posted yet.

The "stock" turbo fills up the entire meter, and the other illegal turbos fill up less than full, so are verifiable on replay.

A Hybrid is a hold-over in the rules from previous versions of the game, where you could use game-cheat devices to modify cars' stats.

Yeah, I thought about the multi-post at the time, sorry about that. is there a way to multi quote other than copy-pasting and changing the poster name? within an edit too?

Now I see about the turbo, Thanks.

So hacking is posible in GT? can't stand hackers. :grumpy:

Gravitron

I thought we were banning the Leafs and Priuses and other nonsense like that.

I kid of course :lol:.

Changed setup a bit

Max downforce

-15/-25
20.0/18.0
9/7
7/5
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 7/11/9

BB 4/3 ABS 10

New splits:

Well pleased with this so far I think. :) Looking for a tenth in sector 1 and the same in sector 3... this was my best sector 2 thus far. A compromise in the last corner of a slightly wide entry but bringing it in to the curb quicker with plenty of trail braking to carry more speed and still get on the throttle earlier. Crossing the S/F line at 178mph.

Lost a bit in t1, but improved on my best lap by~.3 :D
Still kinda messy in t3, but hopefully not as bad as I seem to think.

I wasn't planning on running this week's combo but after seeing the low turnout so far decided to give it a go. Took a while to get to a competitive lap though. Here's my best so far using Chris' tune. Although I forgot to change the transmission. I'm having to use traction control on 6.

I wasn't planning on running this week's combo but after seeing the low turnout so far decided to give it a go.
Yes a very low turnout this week. Its a tricky track particularly whilst trying to tame the wheelspin in this beast - maybe that's putting people off in their first few runs? I got off to a very slow start and my times were way off the pace for a couple of days but I'm developing a good rhythm with it now. Using Vagabond's (Chris?) tune with my own gears, which is sort of like the tranny trick but with a lower 2nd and slightly wider ratio.

Almost my magic lap I think. I've thought that a few times so far but I'm usually caught napping in T3. :dopey: This was my best T1 by a long way (huge thanks to Vagabond for the video 👍) The rest of the lap felt good but I was nervous about throwing that T1 away. Still my quickest (clean) lap so far by 0.3 so quite happy with it. :)

I'd also like to take this opportunity to express my sorrow and sympathy for Maria De Villota, one of very few women drivers to make it into the Formula 1 circus, who sadly lost her right eye after suffering head injuries in a testing accident in the Marrusia F1 car at Duxford this week. My thoughts are with her and her family in what must be a horrible time for them.

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on running this week's combo but after seeing the low turnout

So sorry, Academy finals on my country are on the 13/14 and me and some other national drivers are training all nights.

But after that, promise that i will return :sly:

Back