GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 73 : Tim is Gonna Kill Me

• Thread starter EDK
  • 160 comments
I'd also like to take this opportunity to express my sorrow and sympathy for Maria De Villota, one of very few women drivers to make it into the Formula 1 circus, who sadly lost her right eye after suffering head injuries in a testing accident in the Marrusia F1 car at Duxford this week. My thoughts are with her and her family in what must be a horrible time for them.

That is indeed a sad situation. I knew Williams had a female driver in a similar role as Maria, but was unaware of the Russian team employing Maria. Hoping the best for her and a quick recovery. Hopefully they will figure out what happened and can help prevent further incidents of this nature.

You all are so fast, can't compete at all =). Here is my 30+laps session splits.

New splits, better T1, but slower T2, still trying to find my magic lap:

Changed a few settings for my 15-minute session....none I would recommend. :nervous:

Probably my limit for this car.

First laps on this track using Chris's initial set up. Difficult combo in my opinion, nice challenge...

Edit :

Last edited:
Found some small improvement on T1 but ran my best T2 so far.

Edit ;

These are the splits from my fastest lap so far, improvement on both sector 1&2 but lost some time in the hairpin, still 0.156 improvement on my previous best lap 👍

Done about three hours so far, did another fast lap, setting about the same sector times, but 0.435 improvement on my last sector. With this lap I have reached my goal. Happy to be on top of my division :)
Having lots of fun driving the Audi with Chris's setup. Not my favourite track but love the car handling.

Last edited:
Changed setup a bit

Max downforce

-15/-25
20.0/18.0
9/7
7/5
7/7
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

LSD 7/11/9

BB 4/3 ABS 10

New splits:

Well pleased with this so far I think. :) Looking for a tenth in sector 1 and the same in sector 3... this was my best sector 2 thus far. A compromise in the last corner of a slightly wide entry but bringing it in to the curb quicker with plenty of trail braking to carry more speed and still get on the throttle earlier. Crossing the S/F line at 178mph.

Will be giving this a try this eve :)

Will be giving this a try this eve :)

Well I decided to give it a try aswell, and I am very happy I did, Thanks Chris love the tune 👍

new 'crazy' splits :scared:

improved my lap time with 0.350 !

Tried for my 15 doctor allotted 15 mins today and couldn't improve, so submitting with my last splits......may try again if the swelling in the feet goes down. :indiff:

Good luck all!

Tried for my 15 doctor allotted 15 mins today and couldn't improve, so submitting with my last splits......may try again if the swelling in the feet goes down. :indiff:

Good luck all!

Hope your feet gets better soon. Not amusing at all if youre not 100% fit...

Hope your feet gets better soon. Not amusing at all if youre not 100% fit...

Thanks, Frank. Skipping a couple of weeks between races didn't seem to do the trick.

However, Randall at SimBoot developed a custom made boot for me that I have yet to try, but will be doing so after the swelling goes down. From the looks of it, I am excited. I will be out for a awhile, but observing. At my age, I consider the feet being a problem a minor setback. :lol:

Took a break and did some Ferrari seasonals, wich where pretty challeging. Afther this very fast races I came back to the valley and set a new best lap, at this moment I have passed my goal with 1.042 sec 👍

Better first and last sector, slightly worse middle sector, but still enough to find another 0.500 at the finish.

Ok been working on a setup and what do you know it is working out pritty good still need too tweek it a bit yet

What is your tune GTP_Doug?

Here is my second session times. Using Chris's Tune.

Al

This car is about to either break my wrist, or pull every tendon in my forearms!! I literaly have to strain my arms to tame this beast. If only I could relax!:)

Not really enjoying this one. Managed a slight improvement but may not have another go. New splits.

New day, new splits :)
Better lap this time, still .100 of my goal tough.
T1 is not my fastest split, saw a .7 earlier.

Fastest T1 so far, slighlty slower T2 tough:

Last edited:
Nice job with tune Chris 👍 Will have another go at this tomorrow after the grand prix.

Last edited:
Dammit James, I knew you'd do that! :mad:
Nice job with tune Chris 👍
No worries but you'd probably still beat me if you did it in reverse on R1s... :P Nice job. 👍 Waiting for Wes to pop in now and knock me down to 3rd. :sly:

Good to see a few more folks joining in and some times improving too. Its a hell of a car to keep a lid on all that torque in the slow corners but this is one of GT's finest tracks and the car is extremely satisfying when you start to get the feel with it. Its all about being super smooth on the brakes, throttle and steering. Come on guys, get stuck in. 👍

Hope your feet get better soon Dan. WRS withdrawal is a terrible thing. :P

Dammit James, I knew you'd do that! :mad:

No worries but you'd probably still beat me if you did it in reverse on R1s... :P Nice job. 👍 Waiting for Wes to pop in now and knock me down to 3rd. :sly:

Good to see a few more folks joining in and some times improving too. Its a hell of a car to keep a lid on all that torque in the slow corners but this is one of GT's finest tracks and the car is extremely satisfying when you start to get the feel with it. Its all about being super smooth on the brakes, throttle and steering. Come on guys, get stuck in. 👍

Hope your feet get better soon Dan. WRS withdrawal is a terrible thing. :P

Thanks, Chris.

Some of the swelling has gone down and I am taking a look at your tune, which I haven't tried as yet. Maybe I will be able to try Randall's custom SimBoot and give your tune a try before the deadline. Doctor visit again Monday morning. :nervous:

What is your tune GTP_Doug?

Here is my second session times. Using Chris's Tune.

Al

Ouch Al, you got to close, now I needed to give it another go ;)

Not my best third sector, but enough to improve my lap time 👍

Probably my last splits for this week.

32.365 :)

My setup:
106jbqo.jpg

AT
TCS 1
ABS 7

T1: 33.360
T2: 32.090

Starting to play w/ the gearing now, I'm on the fence w/ the 4 speed but it still has to have 5 gears so the main 4 are lowerd enough to keep it tracking and still escape out well.

T1: 33.317
T2: 31.912

I think it is at full song now and I am finally getting the hang of it. OT was only a tenth and a half quicker so definately can improve in T3. Will make another couple of hours worth of runs and see what developes.

Back