GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 88 : GT Out of That BRZ Before you FR-S

• Thread starter EDK
  • 165 comments
Christophe is magical. :D
car_toyota_subaru_scion_86_gtbrzfrs_12.jpg

Thanks Lucas! :embarrassed:

Nice choice, tempted to dust off my gtp tag and do this one.

Would've been better for week 86 though ;)

EDK
Feel free to share your car choice this week. The cars are really all the same, with different badging. I'm sure someone will argue with me/point out differently, but they are all the same, as far as I can tell.
But, but, maybe the aero properties of the body kits are coded differently?!

J/k, I tried all three in stock spec and my best last are within a few thousands of each other.

Sports Intake Manifold is Allowed

Sports Catalytic Converter is Allowed

Upgraded Exhaust Systems (Sports, Semi Racing or Racing Exhaust ) are not allowed.

Nice choice, tempted to dust off my gtp tag and do this one.

But, but, maybe the aero properties of the body kits are coded differently?!

J/k, I tried all three in stock spec and my best last are within a few thousands of each other.

Yeah, I arrived at the same conclusion. I only have one of the cars completely broken in, but my times when running before breakin were right on top of each other.

I was glad to see that there were not any "Super" wings that gave more downforce. You can make it as ugly or pretty as you would like. :sly:

Have they changed the breakin mileage? I have over 300 miles on the Toyota and it is still only at 235hp with oil change!

Have they changed the breakin mileage? I have over 300 miles on the Toyota and it is still only at 235hp with oil change!

Have you changed the oil a second time? The power falls off once it's broken in and you put some miles on it.

Otherwise, do you have the Sports Intake Manifold and Racing Air Filter Installed?

EDIT: I guess I should have just taken a picture of the Setting Sheet Screen. This one is simple, in my mind.

All Weight Reduction
Add -

Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat Converter
LSD
Racing Flywheel
Racing Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Wing from GT Auto (If you so choose)
Go Drive.

EDIT 2 - What's your PP? Might also be an issue with the screen we are looking at power on, or something else funky like that. Seen it before.

Ok here we go, i love the car because it's very sensitive to option of tuning, even offline. Nice.

First splits

Last edited:
Yes, yes, and more yes!

Up to 236 now and running b-bob at Daytona for another 25 miles. Hope to see 237 after this run.

Yes, yes, and more yes!

Up to 236 now and running b-bob at Daytona for another 25 miles. Hope to see 237 after this run.

Might be due to some of your miles being run in the Seasonal Event. I think I've seen things in the past where running in the seasonal adds mileage to the car but does not contribute to break in.

AHA! Could be, could be. 364 miles now and finally at 237hp/450pp. I was starting to doubt my own sanity there for awhile.

First splits
Nice one 👍 I'd be interested in how your tune ends up... ;)

Small step for me:

Surprising 1st sector - didn't think that was possible. Seen a best 2nd sector of 40.799 so far. Great little cars these. :)

Nice one 👍 I'd be interested in how your tune ends up... ;)

Small step for me:

Surprising 1st sector - didn't think that was possible. Seen a best 2nd sector of 40.799 so far. Great little cars these. :)

15/15
9.0/5.8
5/5
3/4
1/2
2.0/1.0
-0.06/-0.22
10/10/10
6/8

I have problem at the hairpin need a front more incisive, too soft... I'm still testing differents settings ...:)

Christophe is magical. :D
car_toyota_subaru_scion_86_gtbrzfrs_12.jpg

Very, Very Cool... Christophe - your name really fits here :D
Why the heck can't they update .gif's to work with more than 256 colours??? Either way, the pic gif rocks 👍

Too bad the things that we wern't supos to do wern't colored in red :( I had a stage 3 motor in myne and then I saw that it was a no no :banghead: Back to the drawing board :dunce:
and a new car :lol:

15/15
9.0/5.8
5/5
3/4
1/2
2.0/1.0
-0.06/-0.22
10/10/10
6/8

I have problem at the hairpin need a front more incisive, too soft... I'm still testing differents settings ...:)

What car is this tune for?

Too bad the things that we wern't supos to do wern't colored in red :( I had a stage 3 motor in myne and then I saw that it was a no no :banghead: Back to the drawing board :dunce:
and a new car :lol:

Next time I'll let you spend all the time creating and editing the first post, then. ;)

I spent a lot more time on this one than I normally do, with having to check out and set up the 3 cars, get one broken in completely, test them, figure out what I could set it to without using the limiter.

But I'll be sure and get my red highlighter out to make it easier on you guys. :P

It was just a note kevin, I didn't mean to complain. It was me that I was directing it at for not looking closer. Great combo by the way, and your efforts are much appriciated.

T1: 44.844
T2: 41.339

Last edited:
EDK
I spent a lot more time on this one than I normally do, with having to check out and set up the 3 cars, get one broken in completely, test them, figure out what I could set it to without using the limiter.
:P

Thanks for that.:)

On the grid with this.

Hi folks!

Been away from GT for a while but this combo has tempted me back. Had a quick few laps before getting the Bobs to break her in. Using the Scion with Priano's tune 👍

Although I'm not a huge fan of GVS, I like this car so hopefully more to come after break-in.

After a needed month break, finished Tales of Grace f, and i think it´s time to take the dust of the wheel :)👍

Very, Very Cool... Christophe - your name really fits here :D
Why the heck can't they update .gif's to work with more than 256 colours??? Either way, the pic gif rocks 👍

At least it fits somehow 'cause it ain't on track. :lol:

Thanks. :)

On this combo I'm using the GT and Priano's tune. I don't know what to do in trying to cover my time on the world board because I beat my kitchen sink cover car w/ the WRS special :lol: The restricted car gave me what I needed to finally beat Littles ghost and put me farther up the board then the one I thought would go faster :dunce:

I am using a 5 speed tranny and will post my gearing trick later, it just works smoother for me by stretching the gears and keeping the car sitting in the max power curve longer, hitting the rev limiter is just like taking a shot to the waivoz. :)

Last edited:
Back