GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 88 : GT Out of That BRZ Before you FR-S

• Thread starter EDK
  • 165 comments
Stock transmission, Lefty. It's even in red. :lol:

I need to 👍 look at my thumb cause gee I feel dumb :banghead: I can't beleve I did it again :dunce: :lol:

Good thing it's early in the week :( and I at least I don't have to buy another new car :)
Thankz Grav, you must have cracked up when you noticed it :lol:

I hope the stock tranny is a 5 speed so the "getting my mind right" won't take so long :lol:

Last edited:

No special tune, just stock with Min Height, and camber to 2.0/1.0 and toe 0.0/0.0, I'll try tune later

Last edited:
What a super combo this is, lots of fun!

Here is the setup I ran. Going to try a few that has been posted to see what happens.

-20/10
14.5/11
8/8
4/4
4/4
1.0/1.0
0/0
10/15/10

Slightly off topic but how do I enter the GTPlanet chat room? The link seems to have gone from the wee box top right.

8116952042_835e8471c2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Got a bit of a drift on earlier!

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but how do I enter the GTPlanet chat room? The link seems to have gone from the wee box top right.

The chat room was terminated. Closed and removed from the site on October 14.

See Jordan's post here.

So I had my Bob run the car in last night, but it didn't save the miles covered.. :mad: First time that's happened to me, oh well.

Thankfully it saved the tyres I bought for the Indy 500 race :dunce:

So I had my Bob run the car in last night, but it didn't save the miles covered.. :mad: First time that's happened to me, oh well.

Thankfully it saved the tyres I bought for the Indy 500 race :dunce:

• Did you go back all the way to home screen and wait for the autosave to kick in?
  • If you quit while the car is in the pits, it doesn't add in any break in miles.

Great to see you back though mate :cheers:

Great splits Rutter. 👍

My turn again...

This car keeps surprising me. Still using the same setup - Subaru BRZ.

Nice new splits. Great T2 Chris.👍

Want to post my tune see some other DS3 drivers are giving this one a go.

86GT '12

If you use this tune buy the custom wheels. No idea if they actually changed the default tranny ratios but I felt they did for the better.:)

Aero 20(using the wing that is the same color as the car)
ride -20 0
springs 12.5 5.5
dampers all 5(default)
Arbs 3 3(default)
Camber 2.5 F&R
no toe F&R
BB 3 4
LSD 5 30 5

I'm enjoying this car a lot more than I thought I would but I don't know how much more time I can squeeze out of it. I might try a little more but I won't be heartbroken if I have to submit with this time.

I'll say! :eek: Nice splits, Bri. 👍

I was happy today when I got my first 44.6 in T1, but your T1 would have shocked me. :lol:

Brinomial
I'm enjoying this car a lot more than I thought I would but I don't know how much more time I can squeeze out of it. I might try a little more but I won't be heartbroken if I have to submit with this time.

Nice splits brinomial, which tune are you using?

• Did you go back all the way to home screen and wait for the autosave to kick in?
  • If you quit while the car is in the pits, it doesn't add in any break in miles.

I did wait for the auto save on home-screen. Did everything I normally do, so I'm not sure why it happened. I was quite annoyed.

If anyone is interested I have a PB thru T1 of a 116 that is my T2 PB. Both PBs I set with the tune I posted earlier. Also set a new PB thru T3 on this lap and crossed the line almost 3 tenths lower than my last posted splits.

Great session, very productive.:)

I'll say! :eek: Nice splits, Bri. 👍

I was happy today when I got my first 44.6 in T1, but your T1 would have shocked me. :lol:

I was seeing a lot of 44.6 and only a couple of 44.3 but was never able to turn it into a good T2 until now.

Nice splits brinomial, which tune are you using?

I'm using Rutter's tune with a few tweaks to suit myself better.

I'm using Rutter's tune with a few tweaks to suit myself better.

Cheers mate, tried rutters tune as well, but still getting a lot of understeer, not sure if theres a way around that. Anyway still tweaking a tune I had started.

First laps in the downsized BRZ ;)

Final splits for today, to be continued during the weekend, lots of fun 👍

Last edited:
I can't believe what shape my car is in now given that I have gone over the rules w/ methodical effort and my car only has 216hp now and 437pp. I just don't know how I can even get close to 230 or more given what is in red in the OP. :dunce:

I don't know what I could be doing wrong :(

EDK
Have you changed the oil a second time? The power falls off once it's broken in and you put some miles on it.

Otherwise, do you have the Sports Intake Manifold and Racing Air Filter Installed?

EDIT: I guess I should have just taken a picture of the Setting Sheet Screen. This one is simple, in my mind.

All Weight Reduction
Add -

Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Cat Converter
LSD
Racing Flywheel
Racing Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension

Wing from GT Auto (If you so choose)
Go Drive.

EDIT 2 - What's your PP? Might also be an issue with the screen we are looking at power on, or something else funky like that. Seen it before.

Here you go lefty

Edit:

While i'm here :nervous:

This is the best I can manage on this combo so far:

T1 44.289
T2 40.887

Not been around in a while due to the fact since having this new wheel I have never really got along with it :ouch:

I have given my old DFGT to my little boy but did try it a while ago and compare times with this wheel, i'm not sure it's all the wheels fault as I have struggled to get used to the more realistic pedals, under braking compared to the DFGT is where I think I may be loosing time. Nearly half a second a lap is a lot though.

I haven't played with the dial on the brake much since having this setup, once sat down to play I really don't want to be wasting time getting in and out of my seat trying to find the right setting for me :crazy:

Great splits by Chris and Rutter 👍 Good job guys :)

Last edited:
I can't believe what shape my car is in now given that I have gone over the rules w/ methodical effort and my car only has 216hp now and 437pp. I just don't know how I can even get close to 230 or more given what is in red in the OP. :dunce:

I don't know what I could be doing wrong :(
The other thing I mentioned at some point and I think still works this way -

I don't think the miles you record on the car in the seasonal events count toward breakin. You need to run the car in an offline event, do a bob breakin, etc.

Or it might be that you are missing one of the bits of parts in the post Plato quoted.

My FR-S has more mileage than the 86 and BRZ and setup the same except for some minor suspension differences. But.... it has 445pp when the other two have 446. Not that it's an issue, just thought it was odd...

Back