• Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Japan > Nissan
  • Model:Calsonic Impul GT-R '08

SuzukaCircuit_5.jpg

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 493 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1100 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tire Type: Racing Medium (R2's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account.
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Tarmac and Red and White Rumbles are Track
  • Nothing Else is Track
  • Green surfaces next to rumble strips are not track

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

Steward's Comments:
This is our first race car combo AND our first arcade combo at Suzuka on GT5. Yes, we've used the Calsonic a lot, this is the 4th time. But it's really the best race car available in arcade mode, and this is a much different combo than the others we have run. It reminds me a lot of my first WRS at Suzuka, nearly 5 years ago. :crazy:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100202

And the results of that one, very close for me.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100398

Viewing your T1 & T2 Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your T1 and T2 Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• At least two tires in contact with track at all times.
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.

• Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed via other private conversation methods
):

• Total Lap Time
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 & T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.

Number of Splits: 2

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 90 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 0'49.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, November 12th, 2012 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

SuzukaCircuit_6.jpg

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

SuzukaCircuit_8.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Can hardly wait, will give it a quick spin right away as a break on the Stratos Monster :)

AWESOMENESS! FYI Kevin, you can use the Calsonic Impul as much as you desire! 👍

Al

delete (think the Stratos ghost is not able to get out of my mind, if I close my eyes I see the car going round track :scared: )

Last edited:
Gave it a quick go (15 laps) during my break from Rome. This will probably make sure of some close results. Good fun.

Full circuit Frank.;)

Full circuit Frank.;)

Lol, that might be better yes, guess I wanted it the easy way :)

Thanks for waking me up Wes 👍

I do not know this track very well, so it's a good opportunity to learn.

Second try :)

Last edited:
Me like Suzi alot :) Me like the Calsonic too :) and it's in arcade :) That makes :):):) meaning it's gonna be an super addicted WRS. It's gonna be a very busy week. Practicing for next week races and this one :scared:

Thanks for the great combo Kev 👍, but couldn't you wait a week with this one :lol:

Another great combo, love this car so no worries 👍
it's very well balanced and incredibile to drive around suzuka, sooo much grip.

First quick laps:

Me like Suzi alot :) Me like the Calsonic too :) and it's in arcade :) That makes :):):) meaning it's gonna be an super addicted WRS. It's gonna be a very busy week. Practicing for next week races and this one :scared:

Thanks for the great combo Kev 👍, but couldn't you wait a week with this one :lol:

I'm with you on that Dennis. My favorite car in the game and a top 3 track for me. Going to have to juggle my time between this and practicing for the "Greatest Hits" Online Event.

We should meet up later in the week in the lounge after a Motegi practice and run some online hot laps with this combo. Funner to chase a split online once you get the easier gains out of the way offline.

Quick session in between the Stratos sessions:

T1: 50.781
T2: 42.477
There's still a lot of time to gain.

First quick laps:

Nice opening spilts Daniel, specially T2 👍

I'm with you on that Dennis. My favorite car in the game and a top 3 track for me. Going to have to juggle my time between this and practicing for the "Greatest Hits" Online Event.

We should meet up later in the week in the lounge after a Motegi practice and run some online hot laps with this combo. Funner to chase a split online once you get the easier gains out of the way offline.

Glad somebody is with me Tim. I think it's better for me to keep this one offline till i have reached my limited specially when i have so little time to practice for all this upcoming events.

Quick session in between the Stratos sessions:

T1: 50.781
T2: 42.477
There's still a lot of time to gain.

Some great first spilts, specially for a quicky

I don't really like your last sentence :nervous:

Nice looking combo! Suzuka is great and this car is super smooth... and it's Arcade mode! :cool:
will get some laps in later tonight 👍

Some great first spilts, specially for a quicky

I don't really like your last sentence :nervous:
Thanks Dennis.:)

Yeah, that's relative. The last hours I've been chasing hundrends of a seconds.. So a couple of tenths feel like a lot to me.

Thanks Dennis.:)

Yeah, that's relative. The last hours I've been chasing hundrends of a seconds.. So a couple of tenths feel like a lot to me.

Couple of tenths in each sector you mean :dopey: :lol:

EDIT:

Last edited:
My first WRSTT...:cheers:

T1: 50.871
T2: 42.645

Made a couple of errors:mad:...still a few tenths there on the lap for me if I can put it all together...if I get some time I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: Just noticed Room and I are only 1/1000th apart in the first two sectors:cheers:

Nice combo but I'm having a week off this week - busy times in RL at the mo and I've been wanting to take a week or 2 out for the last month (or more) but the combos have all been too good. This one is good as well of course but with these tyres on this track I'm finding it pushes at the front too much. I'm never good with understeer at the best of times and am generally not so hot round Suzuka... so a good time to begin my hiatus. :sly:

Good luck guys :cheers:

A bit twitchier than I expected but I have a save for the board...

Degner 2 is wrecking most of my laps :P I've seen some 52.7's so will try some more tomorrow, Nice combo 👍

Im thinking of taking a week off too, might run in the weekend but wont be full effort to submit

Nice combo but I'm having a week off this week - busy times in RL at the mo and I've been wanting to take a week or 2 out for the last month (or more) but the combos have all been too good. This one is good as well of course but with these tyres on this track I'm finding it pushes at the front too much. I'm never good with understeer at the best of times and am generally not so hot round Suzuka... so a good time to begin my hiatus. :sly:

Good luck guys :cheers:
I had a lot of issues with understeer in testing in both this car and the 97 Tom's, which was the other option I considered. The Tom's was worse, I had to put it on Softs to tune it out, and that was just not fun.

I started on hards with this car, and the understeer with those was unbearable for me. So I changed to mediums, and I did note the understeer, but found it manageable, part of the challenge in my view.

I had time for a brief session yesterday, and found brake balance of 2/3 helped take some of it out in the high speed turns as well.

Really liked this car in past events so hopefully it'll be on par with those. This combo kind of reminds me of one the GT4 S License tests (it's been a while so I don't remember the exact car, but I remember being stuck on that particular test for a while).

EDK
I had a lot of issues with understeer in testing in both this car and the 97 Tom's, which was the other option I considered. The Tom's was worse, I had to put it on Softs to tune it out, and that was just not fun.

I started on hards with this car, and the understeer with those was unbearable for me. So I changed to mediums, and I did note the understeer, but found it manageable, part of the challenge in my view.

I had time for a brief session yesterday, and found brake balance of 2/3 helped take some of it out in the high speed turns as well.

I found you have to use 90% throttle in some places otherwise it just plows... exit of spoon for example. If only this game allowed you to set a tune and force all people to use it... this car is just "magic" with a really good track specific tune. Still fun stock though.

At some point in the future we're going to use this car in an online event "with tuning". I was actually thinking about recommending that we allow tuning in the online race next week, but I know the "no tuning" guys would decapitate me for suggesting it so I'll not even go there. :lol:

My first WRSTT...:cheers:

T1: 50.871
T2: 42.645

Made a couple of errors:mad:...still a few tenths there on the lap for me if I can put it all together...if I get some time I'll give it another shot.

EDIT: Just noticed Room and I are only 1/1000th apart in the first two sectors:cheers:

Welcome to your first WRS, good luck.

It can't hardly be any closer. You can have that 1/1000th now, if can have it in the end :lol:

I found you have to use 90% throttle in some places otherwise it just plows... exit of spoon for example. If only this game allowed you to set a tune and force all people to use it... this car is just "magic" with a really good track specific tune. Still fun stock though.

Thru. That last bit of throttle makes the car understeery. Exit of spoon you can push the car through the understeer into oversteer with a quick steer correction just before the car switch from understeer to oversteer. it's hard to do but manageable. i hate understeer a lot but and the only point on the track where you have to avoid the understeer is in eSSeS.

At some point in the future we're going to use this car in an online event "with tuning". I was actually thinking about recommending that we allow tuning in the online race next week, but I know the "no tuning" guys would decapitate me for suggesting it so I'll not even go there. :lol:

You better not go there, Tim :lol: Although i might not even make to the race. Maybe the saturday night attack

Really liked this car in past events so hopefully it'll be on par with those. This combo kind of reminds me of one the GT4 S License tests (it's been a while so I don't remember the exact car, but I remember being stuck on that particular test for a while).

The GT4 Super License test at Suz was in the Motul Pitwork 350Z.

I had a decent lap in the making and absolutely stuffed 130r :ouch: managed to limp home ahead of my old ghost fractionally...

I'm going to chase this until i take 130r smoother then submit as i don't think I can better those splits by too much 👎 I'm gettin old :P

Wicked combo anyway 👍

Hopefully the physics update last night doesn't monkey with the physics for this TT. :nervous::crazy:

Ran this combo yesterday and sat down this morning to watch my fastest two laps and they are both dirty! Sigh, back to the wheel I go!!!!!

Al

Hopefully the physics update last night doesn't monkey with the physics for this TT. :nervous::crazy:

We'll have a look at it and will provide an update/direction in the event that there is an impact.

The wording in the update was very fuzzy, it refers to "control characteristics". That might mean physics, but it might not. And even if it does mean physics, we don't know if the changes were made to the online physics or the offline physics.

Back