GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 90 : Super (GT) Suzuka

• Thread starter EDK
  • 144 comments
Sorry, but just have to rant for a minute, lol. I've been at it for the last hour or so with no improvement. I've been up by as much as .600 on my ghost but always seem to lose it by the end of the lap. I have hit certain turns perfectly but can't seem to duplicate it or string them all together and its really pissing me off. I know the perfect line and I'm almost there, so close but yet so far away. I can feel the greatness wanting to burst forth, but for whatever reason, it hides away by laps end. I tell you, I am right on the edge of greatness here, lol. Just one flick of the wheel, one dab of the brake away of busting out into greatness, lol. Alright, I'm done.

Seriously tho, if I can just settle down and put a decent lap together, I might come out with a pretty good lap. If anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated. I seem to start losing all my time after the 2nd right hander after all the ess turns. I can see its going to be a long night into the morning hours.

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at humor in my opening statement, lol. Just needed to let off some steam and take a break for a minute. Girlfriend is out of town again so its pretty lonely here, just needed someone to talk to, lol. Alright, off I go for another session, wish me luck, lol.

Mitch.

Mitch,

I think we all pretty much feel that way. That's why we put so much time in it. It's that:

"Okay, just one more lap and I know I am gonna bust this wide open!" "Oops, screwed up there, but wait, one more and I can fix that and really knock their socks off." "Crap, messed that start up, what time is it?" "I can get one more lap in before she calls me to dinner for the 5th time." "Okay, here goes the perfect lap."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Aint it great? Uh oh, got to go, she's calling again!

But first, let me put in my latest splits. Still working the kinks out of the chicane, but when I do, whoa, look out!

Mitch,

I think we all pretty much feel that way. That's why we put so much time in it. It's that:

"Okay, just one more lap and I know I am gonna bust this wide open!" "Oops, screwed up there, but wait, one more and I can fix that and really knock their socks off." "Crap, messed that start up, what time is it?" "I can get one more lap in before she calls me to dinner for the 5th time." "Okay, here goes the perfect lap."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Aint it great? Uh oh, got to go, she's calling again!

But first, let me put in my latest splits. Still working the kinks out of the chicane, but when I do, whoa, look out!

I hope you don't think I was really being serious with that first paragraph. I moreless posted that just poking fun at myself with humorous rant.

I'm running out of time to be around here much longer so I'm getting in what I can now. Every time I think I've peaked I find a couple tenths to chase, I still have at least .2 on my T2 I can find.

Well I think I am done. Thanks Frank for posting splits above mine, you got me behind the wheel again. These splits are marginally faster but I nailed T3! Well at least I think I did! This lap is almost 5/10th's faster than previous submission.

Al

Food poisoning may see me not improve from what I have, don't know if I should still submit

Well I think I am done. Thanks Frank for posting splits above mine, you got me behind the wheel again. These splits are marginally faster but I nailed T3! Well at least I think I did! This lap is almost 5/10th's faster than previous submission.

Al

I knew you would try to catch me, maybe you don't have the better sector times, but Al will come flying out of nowhere whit a smashing last sector, just like last week...... so I don't know if I am safe yet....

Food poisoning may see me not improve from what I have, don't know if I should still submit

Ouch that is not good, hope you get better soon.

Whoa.

Unfortunately, t3 wasn't great because I was so nervous trying not to throw the lap away, but still my best clean lap by .2.

I'm submitting this lap.

Thanks guys, I just kept watching my ghost get smaller and smaller and all I could think was, Now don't screw up t3!

Il be spending a very long time on this tomorrow, due to me trying in vain to find a way to pass time til i get Black ops :D

But only slightly better at the line. I too was a little nervous through the chicane so as not to throw it away.

But only slightly better at the line. I too was a little nervous through the chicane so as not to throw it away.

That happens to me everytime but I've tried doing my sessions without the ghost, map and HUD and I found myself doing better times. You should try it. 👍

Submitting with those splits. Good luck everybody, see you next week . :)

Found a little time in the first sector lost a little in the second:banghead: but still a better total lap time.

I managed too knock a bit more off but I seam too have hit a wall I need too take a brake.

Have been chasing my ghost for an hour now. I could not get anywhere near my times of yesterday, still 0.250 of the pace...

Had some time to run this today and came up with these -

PB's in the second and 3rd sectors, not in the first. That's always my problem at Suz.

Submitting now.

Finished work until Tuesday 👍 had some more laps on this great combo and found a bit at the line but I have had a few 50.5's at T1 so know I have left a few tenths splattered around the track :grumpy:

If i don't beat my lap, I will submit this one :) it is a cracking combo... Cheers guys :cheers:

Approached my ghost uptill 0.003 and 0.005, but just could not get under it. I am affraid my third sector will not be able to withstand Al's final flying sector. Except for the perfect or magical lap there would be improvement possible. Hope I can mantain a podium place with this time :)

And then all of a sudden, my best T1 with a good T2, but left some time again in the last sector as I was to nervous to destroy my lap... scrapped another 0.150 of my best lap time, will probably submit with these splits.

Last edited:
Haven't quite hit my goal yet and I may try a bit more later but I'm happy with this if there's no more improvement.

I think this will be it I might be able too squeak in a couple more laps after work but not likely.

by the way I shoud get a .750 handy cap for cat attack I was on a smokin fast lap .750 up at the end of T2 when on the last couple of corners befor the finnish line while braking hard one of my cats decided it would be a good time the attack my foot and knocked it off the brake pedal :irked:

Finished work until Tuesday 👍 had some more laps on this great combo and found a bit at the line but I have had a few 50.5's at T1 so know I have left a few tenths splattered around the track :grumpy:

If i don't beat my lap, I will submit this one :) it is a cracking combo... Cheers guys :cheers:

Well done, Ron. You said you were old last time you ran, but here you are at the top of the board. :)

About a bazillionth of a second (half a pixel width) better at the line with this one, and no tire within a zillionth of an inch of being out I might add. Still, the chicane will be my bane:

EDK
Well done, Ron. You said you were old last time you ran, but here you are at the top of the board. :)

Cheers Kev 👍 I feel old mate and the guy in the mirror looks like he needs some sleep haha.... the joys of running a club I suppose and dealing with moaning old pensioners at the bar on a nightly basis :scared: :P

As for my splits, unfortunately I lost about a tenth or so in the final chicane compared to my best there... I expect a close finish with Wes in the results :)

Enjoyed this one no matter the outcome 👍

Managed to get a second session. All I could scrape together was:

Don't think I got Spoon right even once. I don't hold out much hope that my T3 was actually decent, but it'll do for the time I had.

Back