GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
Yeah, we'll have to redesign a bit of the middle part to fit everything for GT5 and onwards. I'm gonna get to that as well as some new stuff with joost and steven in the near future :)

Just a slight issue I have. The leaderboards are still showing me in Div. 3 Bronze. I should be in Div. 3 Silver.

Just a slight issue I have. The leaderboards are still showing me in Div. 3 Bronze. I should be in Div. 3 Silver.

I think it will only update on the LB on your next input of splits Stephen. 👍

Phillip.

I wanted to ask the same question I am still DIV 4 in the leaderboard and yes I am in DIV 3 in the thread Joost.Or will it update itself after the next splits.

ok, looks like we have to wait for Kev. to update the rankings.

I wanted to ask the same question I am still DIV 4 in the leaderboard and yes I am in DIV 3 in the thread Joost.Or will it update itself after the next splits.

It was the same with my details, showing Silver untill I posted new splits a day or so after.

Leaderboard then updated showing off my gold cup. I would say before you get Joost or Kevin spending time on this, take the BMW at London for a quick spin, any time will do, see if the LB updates the right info. 👍

Phillip.

The splits use the 'historical' data for the divisions.

This means that the split will retain the division you had (in the official registry thread) at the time you posted the splits.

So if you are promoted (and the promotion thread is updated(!)), your new splits will have the new division.

But be aware that Fetchbot only fetches the new divisions once a day at 0:00. So if you post splits 24 hours after the promotion thread is updated your new division will be shown. But if you'd post new splits after the division thread has just been updated, your old div will probably be shown.

It was the same with my details, showing Silver untill I posted new splits a day or so after.

Leaderboard then updated showing off my gold cup. I would say before you get Joost or Kevin spending time on this, take the BMW at London for a quick spin, any time will do, see if the LB updates the right info. 👍

Phillip.

The splits use the 'historical' data for the divisions.

This means that the split will retain the division you had (in the official registry thread) at the time you posted the splits.

So if you are promoted (and the promotion thread is updated(!)), your new splits will have the new division.

But be aware that Fetchbot only fetches the new divisions once a day at 0:00. So if you post splits 24 hours after the promotion thread is updated your new division will be shown. But if you'd post new splits after the division thread has just been updated, your old div will probably be shown.

Thanks for the help guys.👍

I have a small question. I got a bought myself a G27 wich I got yesterday. I was wondering if I should run or if I am allowed to run the qualifier again? I ran it a bit already and was faster by quite a bit already.

I have a small question. I got a bought myself a G27 wich I got yesterday. I was wondering if I should run or if I am allowed to run the qualifier again? I ran it a bit already and was faster by quite a bit already.

I dont know what the ruling is but when I got a G25 2weeks ago I just switched to it straight away. I dont think you can retake the qualifier but I wouldnt know.

You can't qualify again. But thanks for that bit of information, we'll keep an eye on your performance and move you up, if the results dictate.

EDK
You can't qualify again. But thanks for that bit of information, we'll keep an eye on your performance and move you up, if the results dictate.

Thanks EDK, yeah exactly I will need to work my way up :). I will practice a bit more first then get back at WRS, maybe already next week.

Looks like there is an error on the theoretical T2 time on Week 97. Unless I'm overlooking something. Fastest T2 is 24.799 and the one for the theoretical is a .733.

Looks like there is an error on the theoretical T2 time on Week 97. Unless I'm overlooking something. Fastest T2 is 24.799 and the one for the theoretical is a .733.

Its counting the fastest sector 1 (= Split 1) and sector 2 (= Sector) together.

So fastest Sector 1 = 0'14.139
So fastest Sector 2 = 0'13.594
So fastest Overall = 0'27.733

Split 2 isn't the time, the player needs IN second sector, it's the time from start line to the END of the second sector.

Hope you understood, my english is really cr**

Its counting the fastest sector 1 (= Split 1) and sector 2 (= Sector) together.

So fastest Sector 1 = 0'14.139
So fastest Sector 2 = 0'13.594
So fastest Overall = 0'27.733

Split 2 isn't the time, the player needs IN second sector, it's the time from start line to the END of the second sector.

Hope you understood, my english is really cr**

I understand. My math is terrible at times. Tried to work that out in my head looking a the leaderboard and didn't get that time as a result.

Please could you have a look at the leaderboard for week 95 as when you click on my name it shows that I have a 3rd place in my division but I know that I actually came 4th.

Many thanks

Please could you have a look at the leaderboard for week 95 as when you click on my name it shows that I have a 3rd place in my division but I know that I actually came 4th.

Many thanks

I've just noticed the same thing, I'm in 2nd according to the leaderboard when GTP_accessraider actually got 2nd & I was 3rd.

The problem is accessraiders time, it's in the results as 'gtp_' (notice the lower case) instead of 'GTP_', so fetchbot didn't parse the time correctly moving you guys one place up.

I'll have to fix the parsing and reimport the results for that week. I'll post here when it's been fixed.

Just reading Maz's post saying how annoying it is when people post splits but don't submit a time and I had a thought.

It may be too much of a re-design, but anywho. Make it so that people post splits and times on to the WRS board, but the splits are only shown to the public and admins have access to the final times, which you could format so that it would be easy for the WRS admins to then post the results?

Just take those laps as submitted rather than having to go through the current PM process.

Just reading Maz's post saying how annoying it is when people post splits but don't submit a time and I had a thought.

It may be too much of a re-design, but anywho. Make it so that people post splits and times on to the WRS board, but the splits are only shown to the public and admins have access to the final times, which you could format so that it would be easy for the WRS admins to then post the results?

Just take those laps as submitted rather than having to go through the current PM process.

Interesting idea! The system would have to be completely idiot and bulletproof (not intended to insult anyone here) to prevent laptimes accidently being shown on the board however. It would be risky, but worth it for the reasons you mentioned.

Ideally, the submission process in the future will be completely automated, which would allow for split updates to be taken at the same time. For this to work, we'd need to allow multiple submissions per week, with only the last one being official.

But this is only possible if we automate the process.

Which is what I was thinking. Of course, it would be a major overhaul of how it currently works. More than possible I think.

Nice ideas, guys 👍 and I can imagine why Dan would like the submission process to be more automated and less handywork ;)

Talked to Joost the other day in the flesh and briefly touched on this subject. It is something that could be done, tho with a huge effort in time and problems with the GF.

Problem is that in the coming period GT5 is happening and handling multiple combos is high on the list of priorities as well.

So for 2010 it's idle hope to think that automated submissions can even be started. What CAN be done, especially by IT-minded guys like Nige and Dan :) is concocting a plan how automated submissions could be worked out. This would help a lot in minimising the prep time for the project.
Are there any other software engineers available within WRS to help out?

Not seen him around much, but Lars (DutchCustoms, or whatever he goes by now) is.

I'll try and come up with some brief plans over the next fortnight or so.

Of all the Dans we have in WRS I meant Vaxen of course.
It'd be great if you could prepare a piece with some suggestions for it Nigel 👍
I talked to Lars a little while ago and he promised to be back by the time GT5 will arrive :)

Back