GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS F1 Championship (PASM Champion!)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 924 comments
Thinking of signing up but might take a while to get to level 30, and get the 20mil for the F1 car so won't just yet. Did some practice on my other account though and did a 1.11.4, could of done a 1.10 but kept hitting the walls so gave up.

I believe the F1 car is just Cr. 10 million.

I believe the F1 car is just Cr. 10 million.

Yup, you're right and it's only Level 24 as well. That can be attained in very little time with the seasonal events these days. 👍

If I'm not in the GTP, could I starts?
I'm member of the GTPL Team

You must be on the official GTP_Registry to take part. The registry qualifier is open to anyone though and there is more than enough time to get on the registry before the first race in this championship.

WRP001
Yup, you're right and it's only Level 24 as well. That can be attained in very little time with the seasonal events these days. 👍

Oh, well in that case, ignore me then, I'll have the car in no time :lol: don't know where I got the idea it was level 30.

Never been a huge fan/follower of F1, and for the same reasons haven't spent much time in them in GT but I can never say no to some racing, so I will put some time in and get in there :D

Edit: Was worried when I saw that quali sessions would be on saturday, but fortunately I will be back home from work by then. That's a relief.

As Tim already mentioned, Monaco is gonna be the hardest one. Especially the hairpin, where I encounter the same problems as Tim. If I stay in third gear I am able to make the turn without touching the wall, stayin in second slows me down to much and then i am not able to clip the corner.

Fatigue may play a factor in this race (for me at least)... I'm going to have to turn down the FFB and look at adjusting the steering ratio on my T500 (if that's possible). It's just impossible to take the hairpin correctly where it's set up now without doing acrobatics.

I have FFB at 2 for this, unfortunatly it is not possible to change the steering ratio in GT5. If it would be possible I could set the 240° angle, and everything would be fixed.... Now I have to slide the car a bit to turn it far enough into the corner to get it round.... This is gonna be the point in my lap that is very crucial...

GP United States ? Where is it in the calendar! In the GT5 we have F1's Indianapolis.

There is a reason for this, you probably have noticed that we are doing the F1 races in the excact same weekend as RL F1. The entire setup of these series was based on the fact we would try to 'copy' RL. As the new American F1 track is not in GT5, a USA race was not possible. This results in 5 tracks wich are in GT5 and will take place in the same weekend as RL. If you are a F1 'lover' this adds up to the entire expierence IMO 👍

F1 hasn't been to Indy in a good few years. Shame no circuit of Americas though..

Oh so true. Altough SPA is and will always be my favourite track, when I am racing F2012, circuit of Americas comes without a doubt as my second favourite. I would be really happy to see this track in GT6 :)

Last edited:
We're throwing you to the fire... Monaco, the first, will be the most challenging. If you can make it through that one the other tracks are much more wide open. They are all challenging, but this track is hard regardless of the car.

As Tim already mentioned, Monaco is gonna be the hardest one. Especially the hairpin, where I encounter the same problems as Tim. If I stay in third gear I am able to make the turn without touching the wall, stayin in second slows me down to much and then i am not able to clip the corner.

Yeh, I think you're right guys, this track is tough no matter what you're driving. Will try and set aside as much time for practice as I can for this one, get a feel for the car. If I can make it through this one, hopefully I'll be more set for the following races.

Can i join in

Yes, but you need to be on the GTP_Registry first... read this: GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide.

You have enough time to run the qualifier, get your provisional division assignment and build up enough credits ($10M) to buy the F10... And once you are on the registry you can take part in all WRS events:

GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events
GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials

Until you are on the registry AND fill out the online registration form the system will ignore any attempt to register.

NOTE: I've got this reply saved as a text file because I expect to use it often. :sly:

Nice times Spurgy! I'll get to work on this after the WRS races tomorrow and try and eat into that gap a bit.

High time I did something about my ridicolus slow times.... Managed to improve to a decent level, but still no perfect laps.

Nice times Spurgy! I'll get to work on this after the WRS races tomorrow and try and eat into that gap a bit.

Thanks, I'm expecting Twissy to definitely be in the 1.09s by the time race day comes around, hopefully he won't reach the 1.08s :nervous:

Well, I've penned myself in for Monaco...not sure what I'v got myself into ;) This is going to take so proper preperation.

I hope to get in the "B" Lounge (GTP_3D3_B) a bit later, maybe starting around 19:30 or 20:00 GMT, to run some laps.

awesome! However I can't do the quali at Monaco, its my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary so we are having a party! Hopefully I'll be recovered for the race Sunday :)

awesome! However I can't do the quali at Monaco, its my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary so we are having a party! Hopefully I'll be recovered for the race Sunday :)

That's fine... You can sign up for the race (as reserve if need be) and you don't have to sign up for the knockout qualifying. You will want to schedule an observed qualifying with a steward before the race though.

I'm in the B lounge now and plan to run for about 60-90 minutes.

I'm in the B lounge now and plan to run for about 60-90 minutes.

why the heck not ;)

As I typed that, got told I'm having dinner now. If your still there when I'm back I'll hop in.

Managed a 1'11.8, but my paddles are acting up again. :(

Every time I do an F1 race they go south... I'll see if an operation helps.

Got down to a 1'11.4, but not even close to Twissy. :bowdown:

Paddles still intermittent.

Thoose practice times are dropping down a lot :scared:.

Im out of the Saturday qualifying wont be able to make it :grumpy:.

Ill arrange a qualiy lap the week before.

Thoose practice times are dropping down a lot :scared:.

Yah, it's going to be a D1 party at the top. I see GhostDriver signed up. 👍

I've sent out PM invites to Tidgney, Silver and Matthew as well. If I have any hope of a podium my best bet is room #2 if we get 20 to sign up. :lol:

Just finished my first 'solo' full practise race. Following the rules (2 stints on RS). I was able to improve my times on both compounds. It took me 1hr 43:54.858 to complete the 79 laps. I dare to say this is tougher then the endurro's, but I love it !!

Just finished my first 'solo' full practise race. Following the rules (2 stints on RS). I was able to improve my times on both compounds. It took me 1hr 43:54.858 to complete the 79 laps. I dare to say this is tougher then the endurro's, but I love it !!

Nice. And your racing soft best lap is down to 1'12.4X 👍 I see your racing hard times are getting closer to the softs too. I suppose we'll all end up about 1 to 1.5 seconds difference in lap times between the compounds.

I'm able to keep the car pointing forward while maintaining decent pace pretty consistently (on softs at least)... the hairpin is still the biggest obstacle for me as far as consistent laps. The cars rotation is just so dependent on the exact speed it's easy to screw it up. Next is the chicane, but that's much higher percentage for me. I feel pretty good about the swimming pool which is usually hardest for me.

I took apart my rim and tried to fix the felt inside the spring of the shifter switches... it helped a bit, but it's not perfect. I'm working on getting a replacement and I'm going to map a couple of the wheel buttons to up/down shift. It's only rapid downshifting that's causing issues really. I never really notice it until I step into one of these formula cars then it's pretty obvious.

Nice. And your racing soft best lap is down to 1'12.4X 👍

Excuse me :scared: 1'12.1xx :cool:

BTW ; When I come back tomorrow (saturday night) from the WEC race, I WILL BE IN THE NEED FOR SPEED :) So after some practise I will do another full race practise. I will anounce when I start (arround 23.00GMT) Feel all free to join.

I took apart my rim and tried to fix the felt inside the spring of the shifter switches... it helped a bit, but it's not perfect. I'm working on getting a replacement and I'm going to map a couple of the wheel buttons to up/down shift. It's only rapid downshifting that's causing issues really. I never really notice it until I step into one of these formula cars then it's pretty obvious.

I hope you get it sorted, wouldnt like to use the buttons on the wheel with the F1 car.

One thing I would like to advise for this race is the use of the handbrake pause to ghost your car, basically if you spin the first reaction should be to ghost your car then wait for space in traffic to move, as I found out it can take a while to get the car pointing straight again.

Back