GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS F1 Championship (PASM Champion!)

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 924 comments
I may join you guys for a bit of practice and set a few practice times, not signing up though as I'm just not this hardcore :)

The series itself sounds great though đź‘Ť No wonder you never get chance to run the WRS offline events Tim :D

I may join you guys for a bit of practice and set a few practice times, not signing up though as I'm just not this hardcore :)

The series itself sounds great though đź‘Ť No wonder you never get chance to run the WRS offline events Tim :D

Hey, I ran the Indyfinity time trial! :lol:

This series looks exciting indeed :)

I've just signed up as a reserve for now, hopefully I'll be able to make the first race.

Anyone else having to turn the wheel 180-200 degrees to get through that hairpin?

Yes, it's very difficult and is the hardest part of the lap for me.

Would just like to say, money can be safely put on Spurgy to take most if not all races
:)

Spurgy isn't D1-Gold for nothing, he is obviously fast, but I think he'll have competition... just look at the registration list and the practice leaderboard. :crazy: But to use the term "safe money" with the guys in this field (and a couple other guys who have inquired, but have yet to sign up)? I'd say No.

One thing for sure... it's "safe money" he'll beat me. :lol:

Anyone else having to turn the wheel 180-200 degrees to get through that hairpin?

I turn mine a little over 100 degrees, I just stick it into 1st and then turn while I lift off the brakes, and sometimes give it a little bit of throttle mid corner. Get's the car rotated every time :)

Spurgy isn't D1-Gold for nothing, he is obviously fast, but I think he'll have competition... just look at the registration list and the practice leaderboard. :crazy: But to use the term "safe money" with the guys in this field (and a couple other guys who have inquired, but have yet to sign up)? I'd say No.

One thing for sure... it's "safe money" he'll beat me. :lol:

I've had plenty of racing experience with spurgy, way before he ever joined WRS, so take my comment as you will :)

I've had plenty of racing experience with spurgy, way before he ever joined WRS, so take my comment as you will :)

I'm definitely not going to win easily, some of the guys signed up are among the best in the world, a lot harder to beat than the guys in FGTC :P

I'm definitely not going to win easily, some of the guys signed up are among the best in the world, a lot harder to beat than the guys in FGTC :P

Apparently he's learned humility over the last couple years as well :)

love you spurge :)

Shoulda got in touch with you after Rhyfe bailed while I was in Brighton

Announcement!

Oink has decided to drop as a participant driver for the Grand Prix of Monaco and will instead be offering a full live broadcast of the event on his twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/oink83. The plan at this time is to have the live broadcast cover both the knockout qualifying on Saturday and the race on Sunday with both live video from the lounge and live commentary.

As a result there are only going to be 15 spots available for drivers in the "A" race lounge. I'm pretty sure 16 drivers at this track would be quite chaotic anyway. We will still run (and hope to run) two lounges *if* there are enough sign-ups to warrant a 2nd grid (need 18 confirmed to support 2 lounges: 10 + 8). On the registration grid I've placed oink at the top with a B designation as broadcaster to reflect the fact that one spot in the lounge will be reserved for his seat.

More information to follow as the race date approaches. The lounge limits/split rules have been updated accordingly:

Lounge Limits: Track Specific and the following rules apply to Monaco only (will update for each event).
  • One spot is reserved in room 1 for the broadcaster (oink) who will observe the race and manage a live feed on twitch.
  • 00-17: The top 15 qualifiers will race in room 1 and any remaining drivers will be on reserve and fill in for absent drivers or last minute cancellations.
  • 18-19: The top 10 qualifiers will race in room 1 and the remaining drivers in room 2.
  • 20-32: The top half of qualifiers will race in room room 1 and the remaining drivers in room 2. Room 1 gets the extra driver in the case of odd numbers.
  • Race finish times will be compared across lounges to determine championship points, however drivers in room 2 have a ceiling of 7th place for a maximum of 6 championship points.
  • Individual race wins or podium finishes in room 2 are considered "official" for historical tracking purposes.

Last edited:
O wow that's great to hear, always wanted to see more commentary from people, only done a bit myself (Over an hour race lol!), so should be a good watch if oinks doing it and your not racing :)! Will the commentary also end up on oinks youtube as well at some point :)?

O wow that's great to hear, always wanted to see more commentary from people, only done a bit myself (Over an hour race lol!), so should be a good watch if oinks doing it and your not racing :)! Will the commentary also end up on oinks youtube as well at some point :)?

Yah, it should be cool, even to watch after the race. Hopefully oink will upload it to youtube afterwards.

The last time one of 3D3 Racing's events was broadcast with live commentary was the GTP Inter-League SuperGT Challenge which was streamed by Wardez and the production was quite popular. There is a youtube video saved of that broadcast (shown in the Race Highlights section of the OP of that thread) and I still go back and watch it once in a while to remember the good old times. :lol: There were some pretty good aliens in that event also!

O nice I'll have a gander at that :P! Reminds me of when me and my friend did a commentary :). We're also doing a race series eventually that was raced ages ago, but the idea is still the same, and they are always a good laugh/watch/listen :D!

I'm all signed up now for the Monaco one, although I need to get some practice in (And some money to buy it haha :D!), although as mentioned I may be a little sore on the Sunday one after the small race I'm running!

O nice I'll have a gander at that :P! Reminds me of when me and my friend did a commentary :). We're also doing a race series eventually that was raced ages ago, but the idea is still the same, and they are always a good laugh/watch/listen :D!

I'm all signed up now for the Monaco one, although I need to get some practice in (And some money to buy it haha :D!), although as mentioned I may be a little sore on the Sunday one after the small race I'm running!

I sent you a LVL 24 ticket... there are only three LVL 24 cars in the game (2 Ferrari F1's + FGT) so you'd at most have to cycle the ticket 2-3 times to get the F10.

I sent you a LVL 24 ticket... there are only three LVL 24 cars in the game (2 Ferrari F1's + FGT) so you'd at most have to cycle the ticket 2-3 times to get the F10.

O nice one Tim, thankyou very much I'll look at getting that sorted tomorrow!

Cheers again man!

You can expect to see something yes, although I'm hoping as many people as possible will be able to attend the event live! :D

Sure is a nice thing when it gets broadcasted, but know I am losing my direct opponent ;)
I do hope some lower division drivers step in, cause now it is me against the aliens :)

I just signed up as a reserve 'cause i'm definitely not sure about my skills with this car :nervous:

Had 2 level 24 tickets and got a F2007 and an FGT.. :grumpy:

You should cycle them next time. Backup save. Redeem tickets. If you don't get f10 restore save and repeat.

I can send you a ticket if you want to try again.

Attention to all commited drivers

Next thursday 09/05/2013 we will be organising a full race practise (78+1laps), following the race rules (Formula 1 start) and a 20 min quali before the race. We are planning on running this at 19.00 GMT. As in previous full race practises, you do not have to finish the race, people who want to do a quater or half are also welcome. If intrested, please copy this post and add your name.

Monaco/09may2013/19.00GMT/78+1 lap

1. GTP_Racingworld - full race

Next thursday 09/05/2013 we will be organising a full race practise (78+1laps), following the race rules (Formula 1 start) and a 20 min quali before the race. We are planning on running this at 19.00 GMT. As in previous full race practises, you do not have to finish the race, people who want to do a quater or half are also welcome. If intrested, please copy this post and add your name.

2. GTP_Litchi - full race

[*]GTP_Racingworld - full race
[*]GTP_Litchi - full race
[*]GTP_gooners_17 - full race
[*]
[*]

2. GTP_Litchi - full race
  3. GTP_Gooners_17 - full race

@Mohit: Its better to quote, then remove the quote BB tags rather than copy/paste ;)

how do I sign up for this and is it ok to run a part time schedule?
You need to be on the GTP_Registry first... read this: GTP WRS-Online : Comprehensive Guide.

You have enough time to run the qualifier, get your provisional division assignment and build up enough credits ($10M) to buy the F10... And once you are on the registry you can take part in all WRS events:

GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events
GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials

Until you are on the registry AND fill out the online registration form the system will ignore any attempt to register.
And yes, you can run a part-time schedule.

Back