GTP_WRS-Online : 2013 WRS GT3 Championship (MadMax86 Champion)

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 841 comments
I would say after practicing online with some guys today it's wise to learn to navigate the tire walls next to the chicanes for when you brake too late or somebody bumps into you because if you get that wrong you can lose so much time.

And also i'm probably going to switch to a different car most likely the ford gt or the 458. I also have a question what will be the lobby limit for the stats of the cars pp or hp/weight so for instance can I put less downforce on a car and give it a little bit more power to get it on the same pp or not. I'd imagine it will be hp/weight?

Last edited:
I would say after practicing online with some guys today it's wise to learn to navigate the tire walls next to the chicanes for when you brake too late or somebody bumps into you because if you get that wrong you can lose so much time.

These first practice laps can get a bit bumpy dont take much from them regarding that, this is the first time people have ran the cars and track combo and some joined the race's straight away without out any practice. Plus if you gain an advantage by going through there you will be penalized for it as it is off limits.

And also i'm probably going to switch to a different car most likely the ford gt or the 458. I also have a question what will be the lobby limit for the stats of the cars pp or hp/weight so for instance can I put less downforce on a car and give it a little bit more power to get it on the same pp or not. I'd imagine it will be hp/weight?

No you cannot up the hp to match the PP and reduce downforce, your correct it is hp/weight with the PP as well.
No ECU or engine upgrades either and they can be spotted by looking at the redline on the Rev counter :)

After last night's laps on Le Mans, I think there is quite a clear order emerging which cars are best for this track. There's something like 2 seconds that you can lose between fastest and slowest car on the Mulsanne straight(s) alone, even though some of which you might be able to claw back through the Porsche curves. I tend to think though that e.g. for Laguna Seca the order might be exactly reversed.

I guess extensive testing will be in order to see the big picture, especially if one is going for the championship rather than single race-wins.

After last night's laps on Le Mans, I think there is quite a clear order emerging which cars are best for this track. There's something like 2 seconds that you can lose between fastest and slowest car on the Mulsanne straight(s) alone, even though some of which you might be able to claw back through the Porsche curves. I tend to think though that e.g. for Laguna Seca the order might be exactly reversed.

I guess extensive testing will be in order to see the big picture, especially if one is going for the championship rather than single race-wins.

Hey Snow im having a bit of a look today.:) (As I mentioned back along McLaren through the Corkscrew:scared:!)

These first practice laps can get a bit bumpy dont take much from them regarding that, this is the first time people have ran the cars and track combo and some joined the race's straight away without out any practice. Plus if you gain an advantage by going through there you will be penalized for it as it is off limits.

Well taking advantage wasn't really the point just being able to rejoin where you were you can't really go that fast through there anyway.

No you cannot up the hp to match the PP and reduce downforce, your correct it is hp/weight with the PP as well.
No ECU or engine upgrades either and they can be spotted by looking at the redline on the Rev counter :)

ok.

Well taking advantage wasn't really the point just being able to rejoin where you were you can't really go that fast through there anyway.

Sorry it was late last night for me when I posted :).

Guys do you have to run full aero?

No

Or can you shave a little off.💡

Yes as long the cars HP/weight match the specs on the first page.

Have fun testing and hopefully you will sign up and get hooked to WRS racing 👍👍👍

Don't forget this: GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT5.

You'll want to have your qualifier times and replays submitted by June 17th if you want to take part in this event.

No worries:tup: im not gonna take up somebody's potential slot until im sure I can make it.:) I simply ask a steward to witness a lap before the 17th is that correct?:dopey:

My bad I see you have to upload the replay.:nervous:

No worries:tup: im not gonna take up somebody's potential slot until im sure I can make it.:) I simply ask a steward to witness a lap before the 17th is that correct?:dopey:

No, you need to run the WRS/GTP_Registry qualifier first which would precede participating in any individual event or series. In order for that to be processed in time for GT3 - Le Mans you would need to submit that by June 17th.

After that's submitted you will get a provisional WRS division and then you can run the qualifier for GT3 - Le Mans where you will run your observed laps. That only needs to be completed by June 22 @ 23:59 GMT.

And note that your registry qualifier is something you only run once and once in the registry you are eligible for all WRS-Online events including all races in this series.

Is it possible to put the cars on share on the wrs psn, I made a mess and installed weight reduction stage 3 on the McLaren, don't want to have to buy another one and wait for it to break in.

You can only use shared cars offline, not in a lounge, unfortunately.

Aren't the cars (at least the McLaren) tradable? Someone can just send a new one fully broken in.

Ok if anyone has one they could send it would be awesome, I have the merc so if anyone wants that I can send :)

Ok if anyone has one they could send it would be awesome, I have the merc so if anyone wants that I can send :)

I sent you the McLaren. It's stock except for a turbo to let my B-spec driver break it in faster. So you'll have to configure it to the specs of this series.

I'm in the lounge for a while.

Edit: Done

Last edited:
V8-Johnboy
Oh Paul:dopey: I don't think its ment to be to be honest.:P

Anyone else finding the SLS a little way off the 458 and Ford??:( Whats considered close.:)

It's considered close over all 4 tracks combined. Each car has strengths and weaknesses on each track, but should he equal over season.

It's considered close over all 4 tracks combined. Each car has strengths and weaknesses on each track, but should he equal over season.

👍 The Merc feels like the easiest drive guess you cant have it all.:sly:

👍 The Merc feels like the easiest drive guess you cant have it all.:sly:

Yeh, I'd agree with Gooners, across the 4 races, they will have their pros and cons, as well as each having a different character, and requiring slightly different driving style to be fast.

So lots of driver preference will be involved in choosing.

I'm breaking in the McLaren ATM, the Ford and Ferrari are already and still need to buy the Merc.
I plan to do some testing in the B lounge this evening, looking up some tunes and trying them out across the tracks just to see what they all have to offer.

Edit:
Won't get in the lounge anymore this evening.

Last edited:
I`m currently in the main lounge, trying out a few tunes on the cars. Feel free to join anytime.

EDIT: Finished for tonight, really liked the McLaren, it´s a beast but so fun to drive.

Last edited:
I've "Soft" committed to the SLS AMG. Whilst I would have liked to mix the field up a bit more, as there seems to be a few guys in the SLS already, it's always been one of my favourite cars in GT5, and so nice to drive.

The others were also nice, was enjoying the Ford alot, and the Ferrari somewhat. Most likely I'll stick it out with the Merc, don't want to spend too much time deciding, and less time preparing. I know I'll enjoy driving this car throughout the series.

Back