GTP_WRS-Online : Academy/D-League Racing - Suspended Until GT7

Microphones aren't mandatory, but I use a bluetooth earplug-thingie from Jabra (it's called "EasyGo" - or one from Plantronics). 👍

According to this the Academy starts at 2:00pm Eastern Time on April 1st. Now I realize what day April 1st is, so that is why I ask...no need to be at the wrong end of a cruel joke. :eek:

According to this the Academy starts at 2:00pm Eastern Time on April 1st. Now I realize what day April 1st is, so that is why I ask...no need to be at the wrong end of a cruel joke. :eek:
Either it's real, or Frank's playing tricks on us. :lol:

Not a cruel joke, not Frank playing tricks. It was actually me that set that date. But don't worry, the Academy won't be held on a Wednesday, but on a normal Saturday. I have big plans for the Academy and I am looking for a launch date somewhere around April 1st.

Wow someone's eager, haha. Good spot. A little teaser there from Bart as he sets things up behind the scenes :lol:

I knew it. It was just a cruel April Fool's joke. :( Oh well. I'll just have to wait and wait some more to actually race with guys around my speed and skill level.

I knew it. It was just a cruel April Fool's joke. :( Oh well. I'll just have to wait and wait some more to actually race with guys around my speed and skill level.
Yeh dude, you just need to be patient. We can't just pull these out of our 🤬 Bart's been working really hard to get this on it's feet. Just be patient, it will come when it comes.

Yeh dude, you just need to be patient. We can't just pull these out of our 🤬 Bart's been working really hard to get this on it's feet. Just be patient, it will come when it comes.

Oh yes, I know it's not easy and fast to get something new going. :gtpflag: I've just noticed that there aren't many slow guys racing each week anymore; and with everyone around me in Division 4 Silver getting either promoted, getting faster (obviously), or just not racing in the WRS anymore, it has been getting rather boring for me over the last month and a half since I first heard that this was going to start again. :ill: Getting lapped, passed, and wrecked all the time by many of the fast guys that I need to race with each time is getting so discouraging that I have contemplated quitting the WRS many times. :( A league set up for slow guys will help save my faith in the WRS...so you can see why I'm geeked for this to start as soon as possible. :D

I find it very insulting and discouraging to continuously listen to you (@GTP_DeathStar) complain about being slow and bored.

I have been lapped, finished last and raced alone for the better part of the 100+ races I have participated in. How many events have you raced in????? NOT ONCE did I complain or whine, in fact I thanked them every week no matter where I finished. I spent the better part of my time racing learning and making sure I didn't get in the way of the faster guys. When I found myself ahead of them I worked my rear end off to make sure I was predictable and consistent so they could get by my without incident.

The stewards and Admins work very hard on their own time to put these races together for YOU and the rest of us. I joined the team as soon as I could to do my part in return for all their time and effort! Being a part of the WRS Steward team I find your comments insulting! I would like to continue to work hard putting these events together and not have to listen to anymore complaining!!!!! I kindly ask you again, this time in public to refrain from any further negative comments.

I speak for myself here and not as an official steward. I hope this doesn't affect my standing with the rest of the WRS staff but I couldn't sit idle anymore and listen to you berate this wonderful racing series!

Al

I find it very insulting and discouraging to continuously listen to you (@GTP_DeathStar) complain about being slow and bored.

I have been lapped, finished last and raced alone for the better part of the 100+ races I have participated in. How many events have you raced in????? NOT ONCE did I complain or whine, in fact I thanked them every week no matter where I finished. I spent the better part of my time racing learning and making sure I didn't get in the way of the faster guys. When I found myself ahead of them I worked my rear end off to make sure I was predictable and consistent so they could get by my without incident.

The stewards and Admins work very hard on their own time to put these races together for YOU and the rest of us. I joined the team as soon as I could to do my part in return for all their time and effort! Being a part of the WRS Steward team I find your comments insulting! I would like to continue to work hard putting these events together and not have to listen to anymore complaining!!!!! I kindly ask you again, this time in public to refrain from any further negative comments.

I speak for myself here and not as an official steward. I hope this doesn't affect my standing with the rest of the WRS staff but I couldn't sit idle anymore and listen to you berate this wonderful racing series!

Al

Thanks for saying this on the public forum and not in a private message. That's messed up, bro.

Last edited:
I'm also interested in this. One thing I find problematic though: if you express anticipation and additionally accurately describe why that is*, it is regarded with disdain? GTP WRS has a good implementation, and without carefully planned divisions the attendance would be far lower, just to name one example. It maybe that the issue of who is in - advertising if you will - lies as much on those that are here already and not only organizers. Ideas and creativity are a boon that flourish when opinions are shared effectively.

Communication. :scared: 👍

*: That's how I understood Deathstar's post.

One post was not the issue, it was several posts. Lets just say they got very tiresome for me. By no means am I discouraging opinions and ideas.

Al

I was pointed to this earlier and was wondering if it is happening. The lack of posts in the GT6 era has me thinking no.

I don't really see the difference between this and the regular weekly events we now have. Was this meant to be some special league for humans only (no D1 guys)?

I don't really see the difference between this and the regular weekly events we now have. Was this meant to be some special league for humans only (no D1 guys)?

The development league was/is restricted to Division 3 Bronze and below. There's always a bit of instruction involved beforehand on proper lines, braking points, theory, car control, and clean racing etiquette by more advanced drivers. Also the final race of the day could be attended by higher ranking drivers but at a handicap to power and or tires to make for a more level playing field. In short, it's a learning league to help drivers skill up to partake in the WRS and more.

I learned a lot there and in a year I moved up from D3B to D2B.

Sark

So is this actually ready to go (ing) or just in the planning stages? Let me know and I'm in and if I can help out in any way.

The Dev League was shut down around a year ago with the hope of restarting a few months later but that never happened. It's a shame too as I think it was a great place to learn. If there's enough interest and a few people willing to dedicate themselves to running it I think that it might be able to be resurrected. I can no longer take part but I think it would be awesome to see it back up and running.

If anyone is interested then the best thing to do would be to post here and show that there's enough people willing to participate to make it worth doing again. I'm speaking as a former member of the league, not as someone who has control of such things but I think it's worth a shot.

Sark

The Dev League was shut down around a year ago with the hope of restarting a few months later but that never happened. It's a shame too as I think it was a great place to learn. If there's enough interest and a few people willing to dedicate themselves to running it I think that it might be able to be resurrected. I can no longer take part but I think it would be awesome to see it back up and running.

If anyone is interested then the best thing to do would be to post here and show that there's enough people willing to participate to make it worth doing again. I'm speaking as a former member of the league, not as someone who has control of such things but I think it's worth a shot.

Sark

I think there has been plenty of interest for this since winter; it just appears that there are no stewards who want to help out.

This program is not dead. Just in limbo at the moment. There are plenty of opportunities to learn from our regular weekly races and special events. That is what the practice sessions are for. Just ask for help in the appropriate weekly thread and I am sure someone will help with tips. Saying that no stewards want to help out is very far from the truth and a little disappointing in my opinion.

Al

So, throughout the day I spent a little time reading through all the posts here and this seemed really cool.
Is there newer features in GT6 that would allow the higher division guys to "coach" through video or chat as a lap takes place?

I'm more interested in how we could apply more of a standardized coaching system. I'm a professional strength coach and work with athletes of all levels up to the pros. One thing I always fall back to are mastering the fundamentals of whatever task being coached. I have four simple but very effective methods that make up a system I've used for 20+ years:
Verbal Description
Visual Demonstration
Task Performance
Repeat with feedback

Just a thought I was bouncing around in my head today.

Maybe a simple manual or course text or links to information planned for that weeks tasks....

Just me thinking....

See what happens when you get knocked on your ass by a 263lb linebacker and you have to "take it easy" the rest of the day.....To much time to think.

Very impressed with the effort of those involved with running this in the past and I know from racing a few of the racers who took part on the student side, they got fast!

Back