GTP_WRS-Online : Academy/D-League Racing - Suspended Until GT7

You are welcome guys! It was a good time! Lots learned when we run together in packs!!! Wheel to wheel action we don't usually get to partake in! We often do sprint races like these when practicing on Tuesday for the Wednesday races.

Al

Al, great to see you're looking after the D Series guys! Thanks from the absent Tombstone. Great Airshow here in Lethbridge this past weekend. Looking forward to getting back to racing in October!

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps!

An Online Race based on Week 126 : Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_6copy_zps80c642a2.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

July 24, 2013

Official Practice Times

• EU: Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 19:00 GMT
  • NA: Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM Eastern | 4:00 PM Pacific | 23:00 GMT

Come and practice with us!!!

Presents...

Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps!

An Online Race based on Week 126 : Sjaak's BC Car Has Got Some Clamps

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

July 24, 2013

Official Practice Times

[*]EU: Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 19:00 GMT
[*]NA: Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM Eastern | 4:00 PM Pacific | 23:00 GMT

Come and practice with us!!!

I'll be at the NA practice. Haven't had much if any time to play lately so it'll be cool to get some sprints in.

Jared93
I'll be at the NA practice. Haven't had much if any time to play lately so it'll be cool to get some sprints in.

I can't make practice, but there are only a handful of people signed up for Wednesday. It would be a good chance for several WRS academy guys show up and race together in an official event. It's a short track as well, so you are almost guaranteed someone to race with even if you (like me!) are slower than average. Come out and join us!

I can't make NA practice or race this week. Have fun guys! I will be in EU timeslots this week though. Just the way my work schedule works.

Al

We have been talking about it. Just trying to get things sorted out. Looks like it may be possible in Oct.

Al

In the meantime we race *every* Wednesday... the academy racers are welcome and with the interest in the game waning in the last few months of GT5 we need all the drivers we can get working together rather than splitting up into groups. Take today's race for example... 7 drivers confirmed for EU and 6 for NA... that's pretty light.

That story will hopefully change significantly once GT6 is released and maybe we can fill up both sets of grids without problems.

Get 3-4 academy drivers to participate on Wednesday and you have your Academy battles right there every week... it might not be for podium position in the overall race, but really how much does that matter? I can understand not wanting to drive alone in the back the race, but if you get a few academy racers to join that shouldn't be the outcome.

After GT academy, my August work schedule blew up. I'm just getting to the other side of that. I'd get a random saturday or sunday here and there so a bit of some of the TTs was all I could manage. I should have more time to officially participate in the future.

When we move back into DST In Aust (next Month) I will be happy to attend again

That will make it more likely that I can attend from Boston, too. 10pm event start on a weekday is tough. A Friday or Saturday night race would up the odds even more :)

In the meantime we race *every* Wednesday... the academy racers are welcome and with the interest in the game waning in the last few months of GT5 we need all the drivers we can get working together rather than splitting up into groups. Take today's race for example... 7 drivers confirmed for EU and 6 for NA... that's pretty light.

That story will hopefully change significantly once GT6 is released and maybe we can fill up both sets of grids without problems.

Get 3-4 academy drivers to participate on Wednesday and you have your Academy battles right there every week... it might not be for podium position in the overall race, but really how much does that matter? I can understand not wanting to drive alone in the back the race, but if you get a few academy racers to join that shouldn't be the outcome.

I just can't do the longer races. I'm aware of the Wed night race and have participated a few times but I end up in so much pain that it's just not worth it for me, that's why I've cherished the Academy races on the weekends and why I've missed this series so much.

Sark

I just can't do the longer races. I'm aware of the Wed night race and have participated a few times but I end up in so much pain that it's just not worth it for me, that's why I've cherished the Academy races on the weekends and why I've missed this series so much.

Sark

Good to know. You guys can always have one if the lounges in a weekend if you want to just run latest combo in a 25 minute format. Just self organize and let me know and i will reserve a lounge for your use.

Good to know. You guys can always have one if the lounges in a weekend if you want to just run latest combo in a 25 minute format. Just self organize and let me know and i will reserve a lounge for your use.

I am down with self-organizing! 👍 Though, of course, I cannot do it this Saturday. I could be available Sunday if anyone is game. And I will have my Saturdays available starting next week. Any takers? :sly:

I am not available this weekend. I might be able to make it next week on sat...

Al

This looks awesome too. :confused: When are these coming back and why did they stop?
Stopped simply because it was a reasonable amount of work for us to put together, and by this time overall GT5 participation was dipping, so there just wasn't enough takers. Don't worry though, we have some plans and hopefully will get this back up and running soon :)

hello everyone im trying to get up to speed when is the next wrs race being done and what car. specs. etc.. need a little help I am a bit confused . thank you and god bless

hello everyone im trying to get up to speed when is the next wrs race being done and what car. specs. etc.. need a little help I am a bit confused . thank you and god bless

Follow this thread: GTP_WRS-Online: Announcements

We announce every race in that thread the minute it goes public so subscribe (open the thread and click Watch) and you'll always be one of the first to know what's next.

Typically we announce the weekly races on Thursday or Friday. We almost always run whatever combo is being used for the current TT and will do so next week. Look here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-5-wrs-11th-anniversay-event-1-11-yea-r-s.303183/

I did find this was a great benefit for new drivers and thanks to the guys who took time to run these last year.
To really understand starting methods you needed to actually do it and there was the running close to other cars so when you may mistakes nobody get too upset :).
We are just about to leave DST so for me getting up at 4:00 am is not an option then but also as we have the AU weekly races running I am learning in there.

This was awesome for me and I was quite sad that it shut down for summer and fall of last year. Unfortunately I'm no longer eligible for this league as I'm now a Div 2 Bronze driver. I have to say that I learned a LOT from the Dev League and I hope it returns soon so that others can gain the experience and instruction that helped me so very much. Good luck everyone!

Sark

If this would come back what would be the division cap since we lost div5 i'm still interested in this but since i'm in d2 bronze now i'd be to high in the divisions if it's still going to be capped at d3

Last edited:
Back