GTP_WRS-Online Event 11: Sweeping Willow

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe, I can see how it was a surprise as I was far away before turn 1. The speed difference is big when coming out of the pits. It would have been fine to keep me behind in the corner and let me by on the next bit of straight đź‘Ť
Go to bed

Today will be awesome. I just took a look at some of the fastest laps ran and I had no ideal Turn1 could be taken in 5th. Now I see why I am using more fuel. I need to use higher gears in a few places. After watching these replays I know I could have ran a sub 1'12.00 lap.

Today will be awesome. I just took a look at some of the fastest laps ran and I had no ideal Turn1 could be taken in 5th. Now I see why I am using more fuel. I need to use higher gears in a few places. After watching these replays I know I could have ran a sub 1'12.00 lap.
Can I ask for a 15min delay for EU from all of the confirmed guys?
Having my daughter with me this school vacation and thus some family stuff is why I'm asking.
fine with me also

Hmm post didn't show up

GT Sport crashed on turn 25/26.

I'll see if I can join and watch instead. Edit: yeah that's not possible, stuck on loading screen it current selected car.

Sigh.

Have fun guys :)

Took a chance jumping online tonight and was pleased I did! Great to see a near full grid and thanks especially to Andy/Renrag for our little battle,.. was a shame the likes of Bart kept interrupting it.. by lapping us. :cheers:

Sorry for those who disconnected.

I had my race almost just as I had planned.
Map 2, 2 stops, no mistakes.
Only had 1 small mistake which costed me about 5 seconds.

Congrats on your win @PASM Bart. Thanks for hosting, even with all the issues we had.

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

This week the mic / party chat worked but the car didn't...:(

I have to say I enjoyed listening to the banter as I was doing practice laps...I didn't like the sun in my eyes for the turn into Omega. I was using the black marks on the road as a marker and now I couldn't see them!

:cheers:

Yeah sorry to see, but great sportsmanship of clearing the grid for us to race. Thank you once again.

Good win Bart. On lap 20 I decided it would be more fun to build a sand castle to distract you, but it didn't work:ouch:.

Hehe, thanks Joe! Great job in qualifying. I never managed a sub 12 on high fuel. It would have been close and interesting at the end 2 stop vs 3 stop ;)

I had my race almost just as I had planned.
Map 2, 2 stops, no mistakes.
Only had 1 small mistake which costed me about 5 seconds.

I wish I could say the same! :lol:

First of all, I went offroad on both my qually laps so I was surprised to end up 7th on the grid. In the race I was also on a 2 stopper and I was driving quite conservatively. By lap 35 I was holding a steady 4th place over 13 seconds ahead of @Espial and the minute I said to myself to just take it home safely I clipped the dirt and went on a dusty detour :dopey:

By the time I was reset back on track the gap had closed to 1.7 seconds and I didn't have a chance to fight on my less than fresh rubber.

Can't complain though. It was a fun run and others were less fortunate and missed the chance to race altogether.

Alas, I won't be able to make the NA race. Thought I had a chance after managing to speak to the girlfriend earlier than usual (she lives in Louisiana, I live in New Zealand, so Valentine's day consists of a Skype date), but my nephew is insisting that I watch the Olympics with him. And I can't possibly say no to that.

Have fun, y'all.

After changing the Lobby for the EU race nobody posted the new number. I got it from watching MadMax stream. How do you guys get the new Lobby number usually?

You can send me a friend request and search lobbies by checking the friends box on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back